Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Arts & Sciences

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:16 am 

Thorgar wrote:
we used to classify plastic armor as bone (1 point in 5th ed lol). they have already lightened the gauge base to 18 instead of 16 which has a lot more larp shops making 18 gauge armor for a lot less. I have found a site that sells 18g arm and leg sets for 27.90 a pair. You can track down sca elbow and knee cops for 25.00 a pair, and I'm talking to a merchant about getting 4" x 8" 16 gauge plates (rounded corners and 4 holes) for brig armor at 1.50 a plate. Also The Mercenary's tailor has 12 1.5" x 2" 16g steel scales for 3.00.

Basically if you want armor you can get it cheap and get one piece at a time over a few months to a year, like most of us did lol.

Also bad news to ultralight fighters, been hearing reports that fun noodle and wacky noodle have been changed. they are no longer 2.5" across so they will fail eye socket legal rules, and the new foam breaks down a LOT faster than the older foam. I have confirmed the 2.5" across with my reeves tool (2.5" diam metal ring from Tandy leather lol) it will just slide right through, Ive been adding tape and foam width at the stab tip to get it to pass.

oh here is that larp site with the cheap steel armor http://www.medievalcollectibles.com/c-5-functional-armour.aspx

id love to see more armored fighters out on the fields.

you totally missed everything, lol. we're talking about using plastic for armor since its cheap and would put more people into armor (because lets face it, when we were nubs we hated fighting anyone in armor.0 plus that armor on that site isnt tailored to the wearer.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:20 pm 

How do you all make your flat blades?

Post Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:45 pm 

There's a thread on e-sam talking about new rules intended for ROP V.8
"V8 Milestone 1: Core Combat Mechanics" under general amtgard.
The changes are many, and plastic armor is among them. These proposed rules are under discusion in that thread.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:06 pm 

Didn't find it, all that was there was some stick jock wanting classes removed.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:30 pm 

tobias wrote:
Thorgar wrote:
we used to classify plastic armor as bone (1 point in 5th ed lol). they have already lightened the gauge base to 18 instead of 16 which has a lot more larp shops making 18 gauge armor for a lot less. I have found a site that sells 18g arm and leg sets for 27.90 a pair. You can track down sca elbow and knee cops for 25.00 a pair, and I'm talking to a merchant about getting 4" x 8" 16 gauge plates (rounded corners and 4 holes) for brig armor at 1.50 a plate. Also The Mercenary's tailor has 12 1.5" x 2" 16g steel scales for 3.00.

Basically if you want armor you can get it cheap and get one piece at a time over a few months to a year, like most of us did lol.

Also bad news to ultralight fighters, been hearing reports that fun noodle and wacky noodle have been changed. they are no longer 2.5" across so they will fail eye socket legal rules, and the new foam breaks down a LOT faster than the older foam. I have confirmed the 2.5" across with my reeves tool (2.5" diam metal ring from Tandy leather lol) it will just slide right through, Ive been adding tape and foam width at the stab tip to get it to pass.

oh here is that larp site with the cheap steel armor http://www.medievalcollectibles.com/c-5-functional-armour.aspx

id love to see more armored fighters out on the fields.

you totally missed everything, lol. we're talking about using plastic for armor since its cheap and would put more people into armor (because lets face it, when we were nubs we hated fighting anyone in armor.0 plus that armor on that site isn't tailored to the wearer.

nope i didn't miss anything, just saying it is easier to get armor now than it was. As to using plastic armor, id really be turned off by it, saw too much of that at Nero.

As to the armor on the site its not tailored, but they come in different sizes so its still good for the prices asked and a good way to supplement your armor.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:33 am 

junk_warrior wrote:
Didn't find it, all that was there was some stick jock wanting classes removed.

Not sure what you read, but the armor section proposed for V8 lists plastic as 2 points.

Puppet Master of the EH

"Of course you are Forest. You're like the Mr. Burns of EH." - Finn

(insert titles and awards here)

Post Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:10 am 

I found it, I was on the wrong thread.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:49 pm 

It has to be 1/4" thick to get that, and it can't be improved with anything. A compromise? Yes, but not much of one. I do understand the arguments against plastic armor, I just dont agree with all of them.
I hope that they playtest these new rules. Archery got nerfed bigtime. A bunch of armor (including mine) got hit. Sweeping changes.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:22 pm 

I'm not sure if I like all the changes I have seen, but remember this is just 1 section of the V8 proposal. Until we see how it will interact with the other changes it is hard to determine if something got nerfed or is in line with the rest of the changes to come.

Puppet Master of the EH

Post Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:41 pm 

With such extreme changes you may have some parks choosing to play "vintage" or old rules due to the... outlandish suggestions in the v8 proposal.

Spoiler! :
Familiarity, the first myth of reality: What you know the best, you observe the least.
Devotion, the second myth of reality: The faithful are most hurt by the objects of their faith.
Conviction, the third myth of reality: Only those who seek the truth can be deceived.
Fellowship, the fourth myth of reality: As the tides of war shift, so do loyalties.
Trust, the fifth myth of reality: Every truth holds the seed of betrayal.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:06 pm 

There will be an attempt to balance these changes. I'll hold off a bit before pitching a fit like my 5 year old.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:00 am 

i find the changes interesting, I would have to see more to put forth an honest opinion though.

The armor seemed capped at 5 with out modifiers, and armors ability to save you from mega arrow death (arrows doing 5+) would make getting armor more enticing. Of course arrows stripping all your armor off (in the section hit) if you have 3 or less points is basically giving everyone longbows lol.

It would solve one old problem.. in a large event how do you tell if a arrow that struck you was from a short bow (2pts) or longbow(4pts)? especially in the chaos of a large fight.

I did like how they clarified wounds and hits, weapon construction, and weapon types. I like them bringing back 4'+ great weapons again. I have always felt sorry for the guys wanting to go with a great weapon but cant fit 5'+ into their car lol.

when i was first told about the changes it sounded shocking/upsetting. After reading what was put forth it shows some promise. I am looking forward to reading more, with luck the game will benefit.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:21 am 

I really feel that funoodle should no longer be allowed as leagle weapon foam, because it has truly gone down in quality and it is no longer 2.5 inches. I made four new round blades last week and they all blew out after a few uses, and by the v.8 rules if I were to throw a leagle shot it would blow out the funoodle after one or two shots.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:57 am 

Fun noodle this year is worse than in previous years. I don't think outlawing funnoodle entirely is a solution, next years batch may be far superior to any we have ever seen. But I think reeves and champions should look over weapons for safety and players should try other methods to build if the current funnoodle is substandard.

Puppet Master of the EH

Post Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:16 pm 

like what?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Arts & Sciences