Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Arts & Sciences

Post subject: Re: DragonMaster Poll
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:14 pm 

You can thank GT for that one ;)

Post Posted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:53 pm 

I would like to ask why people went into the election on this statement from you:

viewtopic.php?p=19709#p19709
Docsi wrote:
In my opinion, the DM/WM tourney should be held on its own weekend.

And now there is this discussion.

I would think that the populace already voiced it's opinion on the matter in the election.

Or are the rumors true that the Regent is being bullied around by people that had put their money on the losing horse in the election?
Is it true that someone in power is trying to force the Regent's hand in regards to one of the few things that the Regent is supposed to be responsible for?
Is it true that Dragonmaster is being considered for becoming a pay to play competition by pairing it with Midreign?

I have already told you, Dosci, what my opinions are on the matter, but I want to ask this in public. Those that voted for you have the right to this answer.

This is all you, fly or flop, it's in your lap.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:13 pm 

The title of Weaponmaster is for the current reign. This newest drag to the trench field, (AKA... Dragonmaster) should be consider the artsey-fartsey equal to the older title and should also be consider a "for the reign" time period. Except for one thing. Ive said it before and I'll say it again, the kingdom warriors need less time to prepare for their events than the those on the arts and science side of the field. Therefore, they should not be held the at the same time nor with the same frequency.

But on to my suggestion

Hold the Weaponmaster as soon as possible after any and all Coronations.
Hold the Dragonmaster once a year at the March Midreigns.

There you have it. Each reign will have one over the top type event (DM-WBW) to promote and host. What was so hard about that?

Make it so.

[smilie=icon_evil.gif] [smilie=icon_cool.gif] [smilie=icon_twisted.gif]

Post Posted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:48 pm 

"Or are the rumors true that the Regent is being bullied around by people that had put their money on the losing horse in the election?
Is it true that someone in power is trying to force the Regent's hand in regards to one of the few things that the Regent is supposed to be responsible for?
Is it true that Dragonmaster is being considered for becoming a pay to play competition by pairing it with Midreign?"

OK...first and foremost, Paul (Alby) and LD (Docsi) are friends above and beyond Amtgard. He, nor anyone else "in power" is forcing me to do any damn thing. Have he and I had some heated discussions over this topic? Yes, but those of you that know me should know better than to assume that ANYONE can make me do anything I don't want to do. By God, there are no strings on me...hehe. Dragonmaster, if held at Midreign, will not be a "pay to play" event for those wishing to enter.
There have been scheduling issues during the reign that made holding the DM/WM its own event impractical. Yes, I would have preferred to hold the event on its own weekend in a location that was beneficial to everyone...can't be done without the expense of securing a location to hold it on thus making it more likely to be a "pay to play" event. The other options are what have been discussed in this poll. Personally, I don't like the idea of holding the event at midreign, my personal desire is to have the event during Mayday since the site is already established. Had I wanted to force the issue and hold the event at that time I could have, but I felt it more beneficial to all of us crafters to allow all of YOU to have a voice in deciding where this event will be held. If doing this has gone against what some have deemed my campaign speech, then I apologize, but as the quote stated, it is what I would have preferred (my opinion) not what I promised. How often have the crafters of this kingdom been allowed a voice in where the "big" event for them is held?

There are two days left for those who wish to voice their opinions to do so before a decision will be made on the location. If you have read all of this thread you will see that the biggest percentage of those that have chosen to speak is for the event to be held at midreign. I personally don't like it, but I WILL make it work.

on a separate note...Nev, I think your idea is one of great merit and future reigns should seriously look into it.

Squire to Sir Logan T. Black
Clan Chieftain of the Turtle Clan
Ship's Surgeon, HMS "Turtle's Revenge"
Gaslight Sky Pirate

"Dwarves and mountains have one thing in common: It takes an almighty hammer and a tremendous amount of persistence to overcome them."

Post Posted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:04 pm 

Of course my idea has merit. Thats a no brainer.

The phrase "pay to play" has good merit as a deterent to holding a DM event at any "pay to enter the site" event. But I know I would gladly pay good coin to enter an event against my peers so I also hold on to my personal opinion of "so what".

We have already made it a habit to offer quests and other sorts of contest between the various masses that are held at our events. Why should this sort of event be held any differently?

DM has become a drain. Make it special again by giving it its own special time. Hold it during the month of March to add to the Birthday Bash. Give it someplace to call home. The warriors could hold the next Weaponmaster in the parking lot of a Jack in the crack. They don't need anything but room to swing their swords and decent weather. The weather could be the one varient to their happyness.

[smilie=icon_twisted.gif] [smilie=icon_cool.gif] [smilie=icon_evil.gif]

Post Posted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:13 pm 

As of today, the poll is closed and the decision has been made. Combining the actual votes from both this forum and the Dreadmoor forum, the consensus is that Dragonmaster XXX be held in conjunction with midreign.

Later today I will post the actual guidelines for the competition, rules, categories, etc.

Squire to Sir Logan T. Black
Clan Chieftain of the Turtle Clan
Ship's Surgeon, HMS "Turtle's Revenge"
Gaslight Sky Pirate

"Dwarves and mountains have one thing in common: It takes an almighty hammer and a tremendous amount of persistence to overcome them."

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Arts & Sciences