Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Arts & Sciences

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:23 pm 

wallflower wrote:
Aylin, while i agree that it should be your best work, put your best foot forward, not everyone can do things across the categories that they would be proud to enter into competition. However, they may still want to try for the awards that would lead them to a serpent belt. ex. if someone excels at performance, but can't sew or craft well, they can still get their belt some day and are more likely to get better feedback, and possibly more likely to be awarded by entering into dragon master. The same can be said for a lot of specialties (sewing, leather working, clay work, ect). I like that the standard that has been started that to win the title you must enter a minimum across the categories and still keeping the max on the entries per sub-category because that means who wins is going to be a master of the arts, but i don't want someone who excels at their craft to not enter because they can't do other things of high quality, or make them come up with utter crap just to enter their really good stuff (because the second is the more likely outcome).

I think there are good arguments to be made on either side of trying to direct the focus/flavor of any single A&S tournament.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:13 pm 

Best of luck to you all! I'm disappointed not to be able to make it due to illness.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:31 am 

It was awesome. And, I do hope you get to feeling better!

Post Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:28 am 

Is there an estimated date for results to be posted?

Post Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:17 am 

Still working on that. Will let you know when I am closer to having it done

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Arts & Sciences