Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Arts & Sciences » Tournament Results Archive

Post Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:17 am 

After a wonderful turn out of 85 entries from 14 individuals, which I have been told is a record, I haven't had the chance to check this yet, though, I am thrilled to be able to present those that placed in this tournament:

Sir Avatar
Baronett Docsi
Sir Forest
Bleaux
Marvin
Fenris Esquire
Lord Malran
Baronet Magnus Thera
Lady Allys'siandra
DragonMaster XV Terrik
Lady TigerHawke

and with a score of 3.9

Sir Flare, Knight of the Serpent,
has won the title of Dragonmaster XXVIII of the Kingdom of the Emerald Hills.

Huzzah Sir Flare!

A full breakdown of entry's scores will be posted in the A&S Forum soon.

________________Harbinger________________
_Spoiled Princess-Bitch o'crat-Campchair dictator_
________Mistress of House Battlecraze__________
_____Woman at Arms to Duke Dark Tigger______
✥✥✥✥✥✥✥✥✥✥✥✥✥✥✥✥✥✥✥✥✥✥✥✥✥✥✥

I refuse the refuse

Post Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:44 am 

Huzzah indeed! Congrats Sir Flare and to everyone that entered and made this DM so competitive. Well done.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:02 am 

Orchid thank-you very much for all your hard work for DM. Thank-you to DarkTigger for doing all the entry info and to all the judges too. Your time and effort is most appreciated.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:24 pm 

Excellent Job everyone. Great showing for everyone and congrats Sir Flare. There were several awesome pieces and I had good time judging the marathon. Food was good grab was great, and I look forward to the next one.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:32 am 

Rock on all!

Had a side question. How were "non-period" (button snaps vs buckles) materials handled/scored? Were they taken into consideration?

Curious!
S

The general who advances without seeking fame and retreats without fearing disgrace, whose only thought is to protect his country and do service for his sovereign, is the jewel of his kingdom. -Sun Wu

Post Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:32 am 

Thanks Orchid and other judges for the lessons in ... well... judging A&S. I wish I could have gone down to the Kingdom Proper to see the other entries, but well... Grats to the winner, Sir Flare! Thank you all who entered!

Mage-at-Arms to Sir Alby Kzan
Brewer of Laughing Fox

Post Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:12 am 

TigerHawke, you are very welcome.

Sutra, you would have to ask each judge just how much that factored into their scores, for me it was less of a "period perfect" thing than it was an "in line with the atmosphere of Amtgard" thing. Maybe they will show up here and answer.

Xarasfox, absolutely my pleasure. I was happy to see people interested in becoming more comfortable with being a judge.

I refuse the refuse

Post Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:06 am 

out of curiosity, what was the formula used to determine the dragon master scores?

Post Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:13 am 

Non period buttons and closures did not affect my judging. We are a fantasy/period group, I just assumed they were made by dwarves.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:37 pm 

Shamus wrote:
out of curiosity, what was the formula used to determine the dragon master scores?

With five judges:
High and low were dropped (where a judge abstained from voting for whatever reason, their non-score was treated as the low and dropped)
The remaining three judge's scores were averaged
Then on to basic Better Than Average where 3.5 is the base line, and the points for each entry that are above that 3.5 are all added together to come up with the total score for qualifying entries (qualifying by score and number of entries per category)

My apologies to all entrants, by the way, my cold from that weekend has made rounds, so posting of full results has been delayed. Monster beaten, back to work and catching back up on things like this. The formatting of the forums does not allow tables, so I have to set a few minutes aside tonight or tomorrow to get them presentable in here.

I refuse the refuse

Post Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:47 pm 

Thank you to all the judges who spent time laboring over the enormous amount of entries that everyone worked so tirelessly producing. As I have been a judge many times in the past I know it can be a lot of work and very difficult to do a fair accurate job sometimes. A special thanks to DarkTigger for keeping the madness to a minimum for all of us.

I think this has to be the best attended A&S event that EH has seen since I have moved here. Congratulations to everyone who entered no matter what score you ended up with. It can be quite an undertaking to produce even one entry much less the large number that the kingdom's artisans as a whole entered. I hope we continue to have this much interest in A&S and that we as a kingdom continue to use these competitions to improve ourselves as artisans.

See you all at Midreign!

Post Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:00 pm 

I really wanted to thank all the judges first for playing our game and taking time out from that commitment to go above and beyond by judging, Alby, Shamus, Orchid, Garm and Alby's Wife (sorry didn't catch the name :-) ) Wow it was almost like a double date...With Shamus's Wife left on the sidelines to see the outcome. And a great big thanks to Tigger for wrangling judges and contestants, keeping track of things, and making sure everyone filled out everything properly, you oversee cultural competitions pretty well, do I see a run at the regent seat in your future?

Thanks to everyone it's been a great first Dragonmaster for me, and I certainly learned things that I will take with me for future endeavorers.

Best thing I saw entered Sunday at Eagleshire was the bad ass batman/batwoman tunic. Gave me ideas for something neat in the future thanks! Can't wait to see more of your stuff. Was it Flare that entered that?

"One People, One Planet"
haven-int.org
spirit-chronicles.org

Post Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:04 pm 

P.S. I looked around again and checked and there still isn't a break down listed of individual entries from Dragonmaster ? I was curious what each one of my items got a score on so I could figure out what to improve for next time and maybe why?

"One People, One Planet"
haven-int.org
spirit-chronicles.org

Post Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:34 pm 

The info and reason is posted under Dragonmaster Details in the A&S posting section of the forums

Post Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:07 am 

Fenris - Yes I did make that tunic.

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Arts & Sciences » Tournament Results Archive