Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Announcements » Old Althing Results

Post Posted: Sun May 12, 2013 8:50 pm 

I will now be reviewing submissions for the May Althing. Please PM me with your submissions.
Submissions must be in by no later than May 26th. Agenda will be posted at closing time. Voting on that agenda will be held along with crown elections on June 8th.

Thanks,
King Solithan

Post Posted: Sun May 12, 2013 10:30 pm 

1 change wording from shall have althing every other month to can have one everyother month
2 If we are going to demand a confederacy to become a prncapality and demand 3 parks then allow them to gather their number from 3 parks aswell then giving the to gather from one spot for kingdom. To demand 3 parks for confederacy and demand a confederacy to archive principality but demand numbers from one location is contradictory

Post Posted: Sun May 12, 2013 11:55 pm 

That is from the BLBOD requirements for Kingdom. They do not have to meet on the same weekend, but one location (in a given month) must have a certain number of unique sign ins. Since the purpose of a confederacy (and a Principality) is to work towards Kingdom status, it makes sense tha they should follow the BLBOD protocols for attendance.

Puppet Master of the EH

"Of course you are Forest. You're like the Mr. Burns of EH." - Finn

(insert titles and awards here)

Post Posted: Mon May 13, 2013 2:14 am 

the BLBOD does not requuir the same as kingdon for principality. That was our decision. and having 75 at 3 parks IS working towards Kingdom status. Having 75 at one location is achieving what is needed for kingdom

Post Posted: Mon May 13, 2013 12:32 pm 

Forest, where exactly does the blbod say that? I can't find anywhere where it says same location.

Squire to Sir Logan T. Black
Clan Chieftain of the Turtle Clan
Ship's Surgeon, HMS "Turtle's Revenge"
Gaslight Sky Pirate

"Dwarves and mountains have one thing in common: It takes an almighty hammer and a tremendous amount of persistence to overcome them."

Post Posted: Mon May 13, 2013 12:49 pm 

A group may become a kingdom after achieving all of the following criteria:
1. Five or more years of existence after initial contract approval by the
B.O.D.
2. Average yearly attendance of seventy-five unique players per month.
3. Approval of the Monarch of the sponsoring kingdom.
4. Achievement of non-profit corporate status.
5. Approval and agreement by the B.O.D. that the Grantee has adhered to all
terms of this Agreement.
6. Kingdoms must allow all sub groups under them to participate in all
Amtgard functions as defined by their NPO status (including elections and
running for kingdom offices).
Kingdoms may not form within one hundred and fifty miles of another
kingdom’s crown lands (defined as the city where the kingdom’s first
monarch held office). Kingdoms have all rights and responsibilities as
listed in the Burning Lands Corpora (or in the kingdom corpora approved
at the time kingdom status was granted the group for as long as it does not
violate the tenets of this Agreement or the Kingdom Agreement.) (This
includes awarding knighthood, permanent titles of viscount and above,
orders above 8th level, etc.)
7. Approval of the Circle of Monarchs.
ii A

no where in here does it say anything about same location. All that is required is 75 unique signatures.

Gaslight Sky Pirate

"Dwarves and mountains have one thing in common: It takes an almighty hammer and a tremendous amount of persistence to overcome them."

Post Posted: Mon May 13, 2013 1:26 pm 

"2. Average yearly attendance of seventy-five unique players per month."

This is meant for a single park or event. Remember that for a long time all Kingdoms were static crown and attendance only counted at the Kingdom park. I have been to multiple CoM meetings and this is what is expected of groups putting in a bid for Kingdom status.

The reasoning given is that if a Kingdom is going to be made up of multiple smaller parks, and not one large park, they want to see those parks working together and not functioning as 3 separate 25 person parks that don't interact.

So when this was written, it was designed on the 1 park premise. If you want more in depth detail, contact the BLBOD. They are good at answering questions in regards to this and recently have seen 2 groups make Kingdom with another bid coming up this July.

Puppet Master of the EH

Post Posted: Mon May 13, 2013 2:31 pm 

Actually I think I will contact the BLBOD because I beleive only we are preventing them from becoming a Principality
\

Post Posted: Mon May 13, 2013 2:41 pm 

Yes, we are the ones that have set the requirements to be a principality. That is not a BLBOD issue. I was explaining the reason we are asking them to meet the 75 unique sign in criteria.

Puppet Master of the EH

Post Posted: Mon May 13, 2013 3:14 pm 

I could understand that if all our parks were in a contained area like DFW. Dreadmoor is all of Oklahoma, all of Arkansas, and one park in Tennessee. "Average of 75.....that's all it says.....says nothing about one location... letter of the law is what it is. If they had intended 75 at one location they would have worded it that way.

Gaslight Sky Pirate

Post Posted: Mon May 13, 2013 5:40 pm 

I belie that Dreadmore deserves To be taken to Principality status with the numbers they currently have. And then cont to work towards kingdom status from there.

Post Posted: Mon May 13, 2013 9:14 pm 

falamar wrote:
1 change wording from shall have althing every other month to can have one everyother month
2 If we are going to demand a confederacy to become a prncapality and demand 3 parks then allow them to gather their number from 3 parks aswell then giving the to gather from one spot for kingdom. To demand 3 parks for confederacy and demand a confederacy to archive principality but demand numbers from one location is contradictory

1) Althings are supposed to be scheduled every odd month. That would make them every other month.

2) As has already been mentioned, the principality requirements were set up so that a principality can immediately put in a bid for Kingdom. I personally consulted Kurse, the President of the BLBOD at the time, to make sure that this wording was sufficient for their requirements for a Kingdom. I think that it would be counterproductive to have it set up differently.

Post Posted: Mon May 13, 2013 10:29 pm 

1: you miss understand I would like to see it worded "CAN" Meaning one doesn't need to scheduled one automatically. I believe it is a misteak to automatically schedule one and ask the pop to come up with Ideals to change our gov every other month but still be able to if ness

PS.....thank god I finally got a discussion going where more than on person replied lol

Post Posted: Mon May 13, 2013 10:52 pm 

Docsi wrote:
I could understand that if all our parks were in a contained area like DFW. Dreadmoor is all of Oklahoma, all of Arkansas, and one park in Tennessee. "Average of 75.....that's all it says.....says nothing about one location... letter of the law is what it is. If they had intended 75 at one location they would have worded it that way.

Docsi, you sat on the CoM and listened to the Northern Lights bid. They noted what location each month had the 75 sign ins. It isn't total across parks, it is at 1 location. It can be a different location month to month though.

When the CoM is looking at a bid, that is what they are going to look at.

Puppet Master of the EH

Post Posted: Mon May 13, 2013 11:05 pm 

Northern Lights also has a MUCH larger population fit into a much smaller area. Also they were a principality for 10 years....Dreadmoor 'hopefully' won't take that long.

Gaslight Sky Pirate

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Announcements » Old Althing Results