Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Announcements » Old Althing Results

Post Posted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:24 am 

In respect to Principalities having the right and duty to hold their own Weaponmaster/Dragonmaster, Mid-reigns, and Coronations. All Kingdom level events such as weaponmaster/dragonmaster,Mid-Reigns, and Coronations be officially located in parks chosen not only for Kingdom Fiscal responsibility, but for distance and convenience based upon the 150m radius from Kingdom "Proper"
yes / no

Change XI.A.3.d to: "Principality residents shall continue to have all rights and privileges as EH residents."
yes / no

In order to align the EH High officers with all other kingdoms; Merge the in-game functions of Treasurer with the PMR and rename it PM. And assign the corporate functions of PMT to a new BOD officer position named Treasurer. And instruct the BOD to adjust its Procedures to reflect this change. And appropriately delete or alter references to PMT in the Corpora. If approved, this will go into effect September 2014, effectively making the March 2014 election for PMT a 6 month term. Note that this will allow the PMT BOD seat to simply be handed off to the PM who was previously voted to be gaining a BOD seat at that time.
yes / no

In order to align the EH High officers with all other kingdoms; Return the PM position to a 6 month term, elected in the Spring and Fall, And return the title the PM could receive to Baron/Baroness.
yes / no

Post Posted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:05 am 

Could we change the first period in item #1 to a comma? It's making me a bit crazy.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:42 am 

Agenda item #1 may qualify as the stupidest, most useless piece of bullshit politicking I have seen in this Kingdom in a long time. [smilie=icon_rolleyes.gif]

Puppet Master of the EH

"Of course you are Forest. You're like the Mr. Burns of EH." - Finn

(insert titles and awards here)

Post Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:13 am 

I am encouraging everyone to vote no on item one, because I still want to have camping events. Having Coronation and Midreign as stand alone weekend long events is a long tradition in this kingdom and not something that should be discontinued with little or no discussion.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:09 pm 

To give my thoughts on the other items:

Item 2 is a reassurance that members of an EH park that is part of an EH principality are still EH members and as such have all the rights they had before they were elevated to that status. I support the idea that someone cannot lose rights simply because their park has grown to a certain level.

Item 3 is a recognition that Treasurer is a non standard position that better fits as a BOD function rather than a high officer that has no in game duties. Also it would align with what all other kingdoms do with a BOD treasurer.

Item 4 is a motion to keep our Kingdom Prime Minister position the same as every other kingdom. And also to not scare away candidates that would not want to commit an entire year to a high officer position.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:21 am 

If you look at the other kingdoms and how they treat Principalities. Our laws treat them better than all but one. I did my research, Most of them have NO voting or running for Kingdom lvl offices but one. Only one Kingdom give them all rights. Princip[ality is meant to be that stepping stone to kingdom, They are suppost to handle all their own events and functions them selves as if they were their own kingdom. If dreadmoe isnt ready to do so the Disban them all from Principality and no cofederacy and bring them back to kingdom. Soul's Crossing is a perfect example of what they should be doing.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:28 pm 

Falamar,
Dreadmoor has been having its own ER/Coronations and mid-reigns for over five years now. We have a BoD in place and have our first WM/DM planed for next month.
We also have our own Corpora in progress. Now apart from a WbW type event exactly what are we missing? Please enlighten me.
I don't understand where all the hostility towards Dreadmoor is coming from. Yes we want the right to vote in Kingdom elections/allthings because they effect us as we are still apart of EH. But so what? If you were in the same boat would you not fight for a right to voice your opinion? To have a say in how the game is molded and shaped?
It really doesn't matter how "Other kingdoms treat Principalities" what we are focusing on is how EH will treat Principalities.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:57 am 

There is no hostility, you just want to imagine it. Trying to make demands on where Kingdom events and functions..ie// WM/DM in Tulsa. Camp events in Atoka. .....You don't use Atoka why demand we do. Your politicians need to be foucusing on yourselves NOT Kingdom. And you do have the right to vote in althins and run for office. If you can covince Kingdom Prime that an out of state High officer will be present enough to do the job. The only thing you can't do is vote for Kingdom Officers. Dreadmore has more than ample time to get the BoD and corpora done. And look back at all the crying and complaining it took to get you to assemble a DM/WM. You are a Principality now.. Dreadmore is your land now. Yes you still fall under the rule of the EH. Do you want us voting on your corpora, or voting and running of your officers....We are not even allowed to access youe ORK, Why..because you are suppost to be managing your self. Stop trying to run the equivelent of 2 kingdoms. I promise you that if you put half the effort into yourselves that you are doing trying to cont. to force kingdom your way, you will succed.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:14 am 

Hmmm. If I remember right, both Alby and myself visited EVERY park at least once and many on multiple occasions. What southern monarch can say the same in the past five years?

Squire to Sir Logan T. Black
Clan Chieftain of the Turtle Clan
Ship's Surgeon, HMS "Turtle's Revenge"
Gaslight Sky Pirate

"Dwarves and mountains have one thing in common: It takes an almighty hammer and a tremendous amount of persistence to overcome them."

Post Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:10 am 

Look i'm not going to get in a big debate (or a flame war for that matter) with you. You have your opinion and I have mine. The fact of the matter is most of Dreadmoor couldn't care less what is going on in EH at this point. We've moved on to working on our Principality. And while it would be nice to be able to vote for our King it will probably only last until the next all thing. I for one agree with all of Elders points.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:51 am 

Doci there was no accusation in there over what Kind of job you or Alby did.. obviously you handled business. That is what makes you both the Leadership Dreadmore needs. And a flame war LMFAO! You have no concept of what a flame war is untill you have faced me in one, This is a discusion at all lvls, quit trying to make this out to be something it is not. And if you don't wish to debate the issue then why ask me for the reasons? I belive it is because you have no arguement withstanding. Quit crying about what Kingdom is doing and take care of yourselves, you have almost all rights and Privileges of a kingdom. This is not a park lvl principality this is the last step before Kingdom its self. Jeez... be proud! Have you heard a peep out of Soul's Crossing? No.. they are happy to handle themselves and if they need something that only kingdom can offer...they ask and recieve. They are not asking for events or function held in their lands. They just want to be reconized for the good work they do..

Post Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:57 am 

Oh and Doci. I to traveled several places several time and held Kingdom lvl compititions so no one felt left out in any way. The responsibility of travel should ly on the shoulders of the Monarch.not the populace. And especially the popilace of Kingdom Prime. This is the Kingdom they built and forcing them to travel to another state to hold Kingdom events just because we decided to sponcer you is wrong.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:32 am 

I think ! needs further explaining

Post Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:47 pm 

Dreadmore...This does not effect you negitivly. If that was the case then it would have negotivly effected ALL Principalities before you. People have accussed me of hostility over this issue. This is a misteak. It is no different than when I took office. I saw Dreadmore have the upmost potental in succeding in becoming a Kingdom. You need to either cut the umbilical cord and move forward or simply comeback to Kingdom. I looked at your record and noticed that the more your people concentrated on Kingdom, the more your numbers shrank. So I made the threat, that you were going to raise your numbers and work on yourself internally OR I was going to disban the Confederacy and bring you all back to Kingdom to start again. Well it worked... You got your numbers up worked out some issues and made me proud of your recovery. So now... Bam Principality. It is like pushing you out of the nest to fly on your own. A parent does not do this because of hostility or have for it's children, It is because it is time to grow up.
The rules of the Principality is exactly that. To have you take flight toward Kingdom! Through all this infighting, look what you have accomplished. You got your 1st DM/WM coming......This is as it should be. We will still be here to assist you in becoming a Kingdom, We are your sponcer. I f you need Kingdom lvl notice, it will happen, just as it has in the past. You are allowed to give up tp Lvl 9 Awards.
I support Dreadmore 100% and belive this is the right path for you. To succed. All you have to do is like that Teen leaving home has to accept that they have to work and live on their own, so must Dreadmore accept that they must do this to succed, knowing that your parent Kingdom is watching and willing to help but must let you stumble from time to tim to learn
With Respect
Sir Falamar LaCrane

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Announcements » Old Althing Results