Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Announcements » Old Althing Results

Post Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:00 pm 

Greetings Kingdom of the Emerald Hills,

Sutra here with a quick change up on the dates for the next Althing. Voting will take place at all parks on both days during the weekend of June 9th-10th.

Official Althing will be held at Eagleshire on June 10th at 2pm.

Wanting to make sure the kingdom gets it's proper 2 weeks notice before an Althing!

Thank you Lady Dreanya for pointing that out!

Humbly,
S

p.s. Don't forget! June 10th is also Eagleshire's Park Quals and Park appreciation day!

http://eagleshire.com/summerevent.htm

The general who advances without seeking fame and retreats without fearing disgrace, whose only thought is to protect his country and do service for his sovereign, is the jewel of his kingdom. -Sun Wu

Last edited by sutrasx on Tue May 15, 2007 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 8:48 am 

Don't forget! Send in those suggestions to me before midnight, Friday 11th.

The next Althing is scheduled for May 26-27th.

Regards
S

The general who advances without seeking fame and retreats without fearing disgrace, whose only thought is to protect his country and do service for his sovereign, is the jewel of his kingdom. -Sun Wu

Post Posted: Mon May 14, 2007 10:54 am 

With the deadlines having come and gone, here are the agenda items for the next kingdom Althing for May 26-27th. Voting will take place at all parks on both days. Official Althing will be held at Eagleshire on the 27th at 2pm.

1.) Make the dues paid membership $6*, from the set $5.
2.) Allow any kingdom (subgroup) park outside of the 150** mile radius, a 1/3 discount at kingdom events held at Tanglewood Forest.

*Per the 7.2 Amtgard Rules of Play Rulebook under the Intro, Persona Guidelines section: "Dues paid members are also the only ones who may vote in elections. Dues are six dollars every six months and all dues collected are used to pay for rulebooks, newsletters, loaner gear, and other group expenses." This agenda item is being submitted because the cost of printing rulebooks/newsletters easily outweighs membership dues. We take pride in making these items accessible to the kingdom, and since our kingdom/park system is not based on a 'tithing' process (where parks hand over a certain percentage of park funds to the kingdom treasury), bumping the dues paid amount to $6 will greatly help the kingdom in these endeavors.

**This agenda item is being submitted so that kingdom member (subgroup) parks find travelling to kingdom events easier, and it offsets the following ruling found in the EH Corpora: "Althing items pertaining to the finances of the Kingdom or RGK Treasury may only be voted upon by members who are residents of parks within 150 miles of the Kingdom Center (Duncanville, TX)"

Please provide any questions or comments for discussion as a reply to this thread.

Regards,
Sutra Bahuas

Post Posted: Mon May 14, 2007 3:04 pm 

Sirrakhis,

Excellent points! Allow me to quell any doubt about whose submissions these are. They are mine, and I made sure to add the */** explanations at the bottom so that it did not appear that the agenda came off as purely unfounded.

#1. The desire to increase dues paid membership to $6 is to help the parks themselves actually. For the past year and a half, newsletters have been donated to the kingdom. For the past year, both Sir Morgan and Lady Dreanya have donated an awesome Rulebook binder combo with a ton of other printed goodies. I personally donated 50 full size rulebooks before midreign.

The dilemma is that eventually this donated/kingdom provided luxury of newsletter's and rulebooks will be exhausted. I propose that because the kingdom is not set-up on a tithing system, that the parks themselves provide any printed materials i.e. newsletters/rulebooks to their populace.

Surtric Math: (not error proof) A Kinko's print of a rulebook is easily $5-$6. Get them in 100 count bulk and you may get a $3 per set price. Sirrakhis, you mentioned that park printing costs don't reach a theoretical $40 baseline. If we move to make the parks responsible for providing their populace rulebooks/newsletters, then $40 may not cut it (if you can get a great deal on printing/copying - please let us know!) I just want to make sure that the parks are financially prepared for that change when it comes. I also understand that a 20-40 page newsletter is not a requirement, so trimming it down to 4-8 pages is extremly reasonable.

I have provided the past three reigns worth of newsletters because of the desire to instill kingdom pride, especially in that venue. It's for the personal satisfaction of being able to say our kingdom has the best newsletter in all of Amtgard. That's just me.

At the moment, Lady Dreanya has provided the latest release of the rulebook to the parks for half price. The parks covering half the cost, the kingdom picks up the other hald. Eventually we will want to work towards making the parks much more financially independent in regards to printed resources previously provided by donating third parties and freely distributed by the kingdom.

I am in no way saying that our parks are not already taking steps to provide their populace with much needed materials, I just want to shed light on any gray areas regarding who should foot the bill for certain items.

In my mind, making the park monarchy financially responsible for getting rulebooks (and any other material that is included with membership privileges such as newsletters) will spark a renewed interest in raising funds at the park level. It would help drive park pride up (Eagleshire is an awesome example) and the populace as a whole could pull together in offering kingdom approved fundraisers and such for padding their park coffers for future endeavors. Park caravan gas card's anyone?

#2. You make a good point that making concessions for any long distance guest/visitor is good. I totally agree. So maybe this can open up an Amtgard wide Althing to grant out-of-kingdom visitors to other kingdom some sort of benefit to visit their events besides the sure fire fun and amusement they are guaranteed?

Finder's Keep is inside the kingdom proper (Ducanville,Tx) at 144.6 miles. I do apologize for not having properly designated a starting point for use as a point of refference. What I mean by 'outside of 150 miles' is supposed to be the distance from the kingdom proper 'seat' i.e. Duncanville, Tx. (Please allow me time to properly state why Ducanville is the kingdom seat, I'll have to check with Sir Martello) I want to say it's because it is where the original Amtgard-EH incorporation address is based.

So Finder's Keep would not receive the proposed discount, hence the reference to the 150 mile mark for the privilege to have a say so vote wise in any financial matters involving the kingdom or RGK.

The idea is to make travel for groups outside of the 150 miles radius much more appealing, and I feel it would fractionally offset both travel expenses and the inability to vote in kingdom/RGK Althing agendas.

And in order to quell any questions as to why this should be something we vote on when the EH does not have any parks outside of the 150 mile radius, which was completely true is because of the following reason:

I have been in communications with two of the three parks that contacted our previous monarch (Duchess Reine) since December.

At Endreign, it is slatted that we will be adding these new parks to the kingdom proper:

Mystic Mountains - Mena, Arkansas (286.8 miles from Ducanville)
Riverstone - Tahlequeh,OK (276.3 miles from Ducanville)
Soul's Crossing - Memphis, TN (468.8 miles from Ducanville)

These parks have agreed that they feel that the Emerald Hills would be a good place to call home, and a great banner to stand under.

Two other parks that are slatted to be added to the kingdom proper are:

King's Point - Hurst, Tx (They meet on Sunday's at 2pm and are getting their paperwork sorted out with the BL)
Gecko's Fire - Hawaii (a re-located member of Riverstone is planning on getting things started and sorted out with the BL and wants to petition the EH as well. I told him it would be awesome to take business trips out there in the name of Amtgard. <---Joke)

A possible sixth park is proposed in Plano. There is strong interest to rekindle a park in the area and steps are being taken to see what the most equitable solution is for that situation.

Sirrakhis, agenda item #2 is to bolster kingdom subgroup visitor's to kingdom events that we would otherwise not see. This is a unique situation because the EH (please correct my history if need be) hasn't had a subgroup outside of 150 miles in a while, so with the development of adding three new parks outside of the 150 mile radius has made agenda #2 a strong possibility.

So with this in mind, I hope my #2 submission makes more sense now. I didn't want to start posting back in Jan or March about adding new holdings when things were still being sorted out.

So I pray that my above explanations helps clarify any questions or doubts my reasons, motives, or agendas may cause.

There is nothing malicious or underhanded in my desire to see these two agenda items pass. I strongly feel that they would help the kingdom in the long run.

Regards,
S

Post Posted: Tue May 15, 2007 12:29 pm 

Sutra here with a quick change up on the dates for the next Althing. Voting will take place at all parks on both days during the weekend of June 9th-10th.

Wanting to make sure the kingdom gets it's proper 2 weeks notice before an Althing!

Humbly,
S

p.s. Don't forget! June 10th is also Eagleshire's Park Quals and Park appreciation day!

Post Posted: Wed May 16, 2007 11:12 am 

Also, wanted to reopen the deadline for Althing submissions since the Althing has been rescheduled!

So, if you have any submissions, please send them to me to be included in the upcoming agenda by the 25th of May, no later than 11:59pm!

The Althing will occur on June 10th at Eagleshire and I will be posting the agenda on the 26th of May to ensure that 2 week populace notification requirement is meet.

Thanks again!
Sutra

----------------------

Sutra here with a quick change up on the dates for the next Althing.
Voting will take place at all parks on both days during the weekend of
June 9th-10th.

Wanting to make sure the kingdom gets it's proper 2 weeks notice
before an Althing!

Humbly,
S

p.s. Don't forget! June 10th is also Eagleshire's Park Quals and Park
appreciation day!

Post Posted: Sat May 26, 2007 7:58 pm 

June 9-10th Kingdom Althing

Agenda Ballot for the Kingdom Althing at Eagleshire (All parks are voting) for June 9-10th.

Voting will take place at all parks on both days. Official Althing will be held at Eagleshire on the 27th at 2pm.

------------Ballot-----------------

1.) Make the dues paid membership $6, from the set $5.
Yes/No

2.) Allow any kingdom (subgroup) park outside of the 150 mile
radius, a 1/3 discount at kingdom events held at Tanglewood Forest.
Yes/No

3.)Corpora: Change section II.H.2 (GMR) from
"Works with the Monarch and Prime Minister to ensure the rules are
applied accurately, fairly, and honestly on the battlefield"
to
"Works with the Monarch and Prime Minister to ensure the rules are
applied accurately, fairly, and honestly"
Yes/No

------------------------------

PM's, print this ballot out and do what you do best!

Regards,
Sutra Bahuas

Post Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:11 pm 

Because the Althing is the same day as the Elections, the Kingdom ballot will incorporate both. I will have these for the PMs for this weekend. I will be at MWG and FK. Morgan will be at ES. and I'll make sure the ballots are at MS before the voting.

LDJ
EHPM

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Announcements » Old Althing Results