Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » General Amtgard

Post subject: DFW Amtgard & Meetup.com
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:56 pm 

I made a Meetup group for DFW Amtgard; please join. I’m still adjusting details, but please feel free to add to the event descriptions for your parks. The more people who create a Meetup account and join the group, the better chance we’ll have of attracting more players. Adjust your email settings so you don’t get spammed with every park day announcement. http://www.meetup.com/DFW-Amtgard/

Post Posted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:09 pm 

The DFW Amtgard meetup page became viewable on the whole Meetup site on Monday, and I've since spoken to seven new people interested in learning more about Amtgard and visiting the parks. :D

It would be a great help if anyone has the time to create an account and comment on the page and events, and welcome new people. I look forward to seeing where this could go.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:35 am 

We had a few new people at Bright Forge this weekend who found us on Meetup.

The problem so far is that few established players are on the site, so one new person travelled out of her way since 0 RSVPed on Meetup to attend her nearest park (MS). I'll add a note to each park day about that, but people will only see it if they read all the event details. The info they get at a glance is time, date, place, and number of attendees.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:18 am 

Woohoo! We just reached 40 members on the Meetup group, over 2/3 of them new and interested in coming to play. That's a big number for such a young Meetup group!

If you can take a few minutes to join (free) and two seconds per week to click that you're attending the park day, interested newbies can see whether anyone will be there so it's worth their time to come out.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:53 pm 

Additionally, the settings (should) allow all Meetup group members (looking at you, park officers) to customize the description on weekly events to drum up interest for special events, battle games, workshops, tourneys, etc.

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » General Amtgard