Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » General Amtgard

Post Posted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:52 pm 

And BTW Forest the BOD said we wanted a per event contract

Post Posted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:09 pm 

Hell yeah. Wow.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:51 pm 

falamar wrote:
Forest... you are a friend... But BS! You have taken anything with McFadden or TWF as a personal afront since day one, you didnt like it in the beginning and you damn sure dont like it now, alot of people agree with me but prob wont say so, I take most things you say on this subject with a grain of salt.

My feelings about McFadden are not relevant. The BOD approached the TWF landowners with a desire to rework the 11 year old lease. McFadden refused and suggested a per event cost instead.

As for the rest, those are facts. Locking the restrooms and threatening to remove land grants based on how people voted in game happened. It has nothing to do with if he and I like each other.

So again, if those things, which are a conflict of interest, are not resolved in writing, I don't see why we would go back to TWF.

Puppet Master of the EH

"Of course you are Forest. You're like the Mr. Burns of EH." - Finn

(insert titles and awards here)

Post Posted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:42 pm 

did you see my post above or are you just wanting a arguement? And lets get one thing straight #Jugs made alot of the threats and arguement and she is out of the picture

Post Posted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:47 pm 

Alot of the ppl who wanted to walk away from TWF(not you or yours) did so in the hopes that he would see he had no leverage to do shit and that it would bring him back to the neg table to get what we wanted... guess what it worked and you still want to bok at it, thats ok Forest me and alot of other even GD knew no neg would have you supporting this, so all is as expected

Post Posted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:33 pm 

Hmmm so me saying that I want the issues resolved on paper is me not wanting a resolution? Ok, let's go with that. I withdraw my request for the actual issues to be dealt with and oppose a return to TWF for any reason, no matter what gets worked out.

(There, does that make me fit the role you want me in better than me being reasonable and stating what my concerns are?)

Puppet Master of the EH

"Of course you are Forest. You're like the Mr. Burns of EH." - Finn

(insert titles and awards here)

Post Posted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:59 pm 

DID YOU NOT READ ALL OF MY POST SIR? I said that I needed to contact Logan since he wrote this and that those questions were discussed and no added and I am going to find out why, But go ahead and keep arguing it just shows you are taking it personally Sir!

Post Posted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:26 pm 

Falamar asked me to post on this.

I was asked to assist with a basic individual use contract.

The three basic threads of concern that I see are:
1: Landowners ability to remove people from site
2: Use of facilities
3: Cost to use the site

1. The land owner has rights granted by the State of Texas which we cannot take away. That being said McFadden agreed to have a third party representative for Amtgard use of the land that would be agreed upon by both parties and would act as the contact and enforcement agent for the land for the duration of the contract.

2. The facilities are intended to be covered under the map of public use areas. The map has not been created but would have to be verified and agreed upon at the time of signing the contract for use. If the Land owner denied use of the facilities without a legitimate reason the kingdom could choose not to pay due to breach of contract.

3. The cost of the site, as best I understand it, is on par with the other sites we use. This is an item that was specifically taken into account and discussed by the BOD before it was included in the agreement.

My personal recommendation is that each person vote their conscience. If you feel that this agreement does not adequately protect the Kingdom or is not in the best interest of the Kingdom then oppose the agreement, if you are satisfied with the agreement vote for it.

If you oppose the agreement I feel it would benefit the Kingdom if constructive criticism could be given in an attempt to produce a future agreement that would be acceptable to the Kingdom.

If there are other questions or concerns in regard to the agreement being discussed I will do my best to provide the information I have.

Thanks,

Post Posted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:43 pm 

My concern is the land owner being a douchebag more than kicking people off site.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:02 am 

You will not know if he has been taught that lesson till we return

Post Posted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:10 pm 

Since we have begun using Atoka, the pavilion rentals per night, have gone from $75.00 to $50.00.

As far as I have been told, all of them rent for the same price. Bonus is: they have lighting

Post Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:14 am 

Pretty sure it was $40 at the last event.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:11 am 

it was

Post Posted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:33 pm 

My problem with this contract is the way it is worded. RV hookups are $10 per night on a per person basis. I presume this is supposed to mean that the owner of the RV will pay the landowner personally but the way it is written it says...If I have 6 people in my RV I owe $60 each night. Or a total of $120 for 2 nights stay. It is the same with the stalls on merchant row. Also the $40.00 PER DAY for the Tavern. Even if we leave on Sunday do we pay for that day since the dates are on the contract? $80 is a lot for that shack while we are also paying for the alcohol but $120 is way too much. Also for that money, is that area also going to be mowed/cleaned for our arrival? It is not listed.
If it was worded more like "RV sites are $10 per night per vehicle to be paid on an individual basis" or "Merchant stalls are $10 per day per site" and take out the per person, it would be clearer and much less expensive.
I know people think "Well just use common sense", but where people and emotions are involved, it is better to make things as clear and concise as possible to prevent misunderstandings.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:34 pm 

Here is my thoughts on it. I have financial records for the last few events that were held at the varios sites we have used since TWF. I have been informed that Midreign will be back at TWF. Under the new agreement we will see exactly how much better of the kingdom is financially when placing everything together. I am not going to count WBW into that equation. Midreign will be compared to the last 2 midreigns and the coronation at Mexia (those numbers might be slightly skewed but we will see.)

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » General Amtgard