Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » General Amtgard

Post subject: Anthropology Afoot!
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:28 pm 

To the Populace of the Emerald Hills:

After a long absence, hello again! For those of you who don't know me, I am Squire Maialee, recently returned after a year-long sabbatical to focus on my undergraduate degree in Anthropology at UT Arlington. It is that degree that brings me back to you. I am currently taking a class on research methods in cultural anthropology. It sounds all official, but to break it down, I'm practicing the skills used by cultural anthropologists in the field. In this class we are spending time with a subculture to learn about who they are and what they do. At the end of the semester we will be writing a short ethnography on the group we worked with. An ethnography discusses a subculture from an insider's viewpoint. With Czar Forest's permission, I will be writing my ethnography on the Emerald Hills.

What this means for all of you is that you'll be seeing more of me in the near future. However, I won't be Squire Maialee for the duration of the project. I need to be able to move about without any affiliations or restrictions, so I'll be creating a new persona, Skye Eventide to start fresh and see the game and the kingdom as if for the first time.

All records of this project will be kept private. In the written ethnography, there will be no information included that will make it possible to identify anyone. Records of the research will be available only to the researcher, and will be stored securely. Copies of the interviews will not have your name on them, and will be kept for possible future research on the topic.

At the end of the project I will make the written ethnography available to the populace of the Emerald Hills. If you have any questions for me or would like to be involved in more in depth areas of the project in the future, please feel to contact me. Thank you all in advance for your help!

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » General Amtgard