Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » General Amtgard

Post Posted: Sat Feb 05, 2022 12:13 pm 

1.) What changes would you make to improve our game if you had unlimited resources?
2.) With us returning to play, we have seen a reduction in players declaring for local offices. What is your plan to support and increase players running for Chancellor (PM) at the local park level?
3.) The role of Prime Minister, while one of the more important positions in our organization is not a glamourous one. Why are you seeking it out, and what qualifications do you bring into the role?

Post Posted: Sat Feb 05, 2022 5:51 pm 

I know exactly what I'd do if I had unlimited resources. I'd host a weekend symposium for every single KPM in Amtgard, plus one monarchy member. I'd make it a destination high-end place, airfare, food, and lodging included. A three-day weekend to talk about challenges in the kingdoms and to find solutions that could be available if issues were simply shared. I'd bring in financial folks to talk about long-term, sustainable, fiscal planning, as well as the ORK folks to hear the real issues the PMs are faced with when trying to communicate needs to the ORK team. I'd also fly in the AIBOD so they can talk to the kingdoms (and they can talk back) about the real fiscal issues the kingdoms are facing. Symposiums would cover topics like new-player interest in offices. How to recruit and sustain the corps of folks on the park levels who would take over PM positions, seeing them as challenging, not a drag. Other symposiums would include how to train newbies to the office of both local and KPM, how to widen the field of folks wanting to be a PM or KPM, and new ways the Kingdoms could reward them. This is what I'd do if fantasies could become real.

What I'd like to do is to work with the monarchy to actually create a local park-level position of apprentice PM. One that would be awarded by Crown and/or Lion or Rose. Where anywhere from one to three people actually learn the job of PM by doing the duties under the elected PM. It would be a one-time training period. The apprentice would assist in all aspects, but the logins and final money-handling would be to the PM. However, the apprentice could 2nd count the park funds. Learn how to keep records, how to get folks waivered, how to get folks to sign in, how to do proper receipts and receipt recording. They would learn how dues are also split with the kingdom and should be knowledgeable on how the kingdom is also fiscally responsible to the AIBOD. Further, the Apprentice should also know how to access whatever funds for their park is being held by the Treasurer of the EHBod. If any PM had an apprentice working diligently during one reign, it could also stand as a hydra for the PM or the apprentice.

I"m seeking it out because I'm actually enjoying it. I like having my fingers into pots and watching the amazing service of the others in the Monarchy Team and on the EHBOD. In addition, I get to meet more people from different parks than my own home park of King's Point. I also don't mind just sitting and doing data entry. I don't fight much, yet a few people have marked the times that I have. However, I like being able to problem solve, and figure out ways to get things done that our people need. I very much enjoy using the MORK on the park level, and not having to worry about sign-ins. I'd love to see us being able to do this on the Kingdom level as well. As for my qualifications, I'm an organizer. I get a kick of bringing order to chaos. I'm not sure these are qualifications, but they are reasons. In mundane life I'm a teacher and responsible for the publication of a yearly photo journal documenting the school year - otherwise known as a yearbook. I normally have a team/class of 10-15 14-year olds to organize and teach. However, I'm also responsible for maintaining good records of sales as well as critical money-handling and reporting. I've served as KPM in the Burning Lands twice, once under Trinity (where we had to relieve the KGMR), and once under Queen Verana. However, this was back before there was an ORK, and I ensured the PM's after me had better recording ability than was handed to me. I've also been the semi-permanent Pm of King's Point since 2015 with one year-long absence.

I'd love to do one more reign as KPM, but I'd also love to have someone actively learning the ropes, too. Being KPM is not difficult, it's data entry, it's keeping a sense of humor, it's leaving things better than you found them, but it's not really difficult. It suits me.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:01 pm 

1.) What changes would you make to improve our game if you had unlimited resources?

Unlimited resources? I'd pay our players. Enough to live on, and expenses when they traveled to events. I'd give officers at park and kingdom levels bonuses to that for volunteering their time and energy to keep this game running. Not to mention buying land for events and developing it to suit our needs. Castles, village-style lodging, all the aesthetic of a fantasy world, with all the commodities of our modern one. Plus dragons. I'd definitely pay some researchers to make dragons a reality.

2.) With us returning to play, we have seen a reduction in players declaring for local offices. What is your plan to support and increase players running for Chancellor (PM) at the local park level?

Those who want to volunteer, are already doing so, and trying to run a kingdom wide campaign would be ineffective. Instead, I'd like to encourage our current Chancellors to find those who 1.) What changes would you make to improve our game if you had unlimited resources?

Unlimited resources? I'd pay our players. Enough to live on, and expenses when they traveled to events. I'd give officers at park and kingdom levels bonuses to that for volunteering their time and energy to keep this game running. Not to mention buying land for events and developing it to suit our needs. Castles, village-style lodging, all the aesthetic of a fantasy world, with all the commodities of our modern one. Plus dragons. I'd definitely pay some researchers to make dragons a reality.

Those who want to volunteer, are already doing so, and trying to run a kingdom wide campaign would be ineffective. Instead, I'd like to encourage our current Chancellors to find those who are on the cusp of volunteering, encourage them to take that final step, and then help them in their new office.

3.) The role of Prime Minister, while one of the more important positions in our organization is not a glamourous one. Why are you seeking it out, and what qualifications do you bring into the role?
These have been cross posted on the Black and Gold.

Prime Minister is a role that must be done well. It is one of the most important duties in the kingdom. I am running so that the office of Prime Minister does not fall into a cycle of uncontested elections. I cannot boast a large catalogue of clerical experience, but I am already in several leadership roles in amtgard. I am currently Baron of Falcon's Moon, and a member of the BOD. I am a cross gamer and have leadership experience from multiple games, so my portfolio is diverse. I understand that not everything can be done by one person and plan to appoint assistants to aid me in the duties of Prime Minister. I want this game to thrive, and intend to do whatever I can to help it do so.

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » General Amtgard