Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Role playing

Post subject: Battle in the Woods
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:30 am 

Forest sat back in his chair and listened to the sounds in the trees. It had been a long time since he had been able to sit in his home without the worry of guards trying to capture him. The rebellion had subsided, the Monarchy was restored and Forest was no longer a hunted man.

Rest, however, is not for the weary. A heavy knock came at his door.

Months of surviving alone had changed him. Made him less trustful. Where once he would have answered the door without question, now he charged a ball of energy to petrify his attackers. He threw open the door his hand ready to strike....but his reaction was miguided.

In the doorway stood a large barbarian. A strong beast of a man with lightning reflexes. Forest lowered his hand. The ball of energy would have bounced off his thick skin anyways.

"This always how you welcome frinds?" Everlast asked grinning at his old friend.

"Forgive me" Forest sighed, "I'm still getting used to being a free man."

"Well, don't get too comfortable. There is news from Tanglewood Forest. Something is happening in the woods. Goblins, were-rats, and other creatures are attacking travellers on the Queen's road." Everlast informed him.

"Well, I guess I don't have time to rest then do I?" Forest smiled. He loved adventure and this was another chance to see action. He called forth a small air elemental and bid it send word to his allies. A battle was approaching.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The battle had gone well. Forest and his allies had cleared most of the meddlesome creatures out of TWF and had bartered with the fairies and tree folk to brew potions that would aid them in hunting the greater cause of all this mischief. The army was mobilizing, but Forest and his allies were not regular foot soldiers. They would be beter off as a seperate unit. But first, they would have to gather more information on what they were up against.

So far, Sutra seemed to be the only person who knew what had been happening. It was time to pay him a visit and see what information he held...

Post subject: Re: Battle in the Woods
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:18 pm 

Tying the last knot behind his back, Sutra pinned the message to the man's chest. He was sure the man's dagger would make an appropriate pin. The muffled cry was cut short by a sharp jab to the forehead.

'Ssshhh. You'll wake up the goblins. Now we wouldn't want that before you delivered your message now would we?'

Pulling the cloaked figure, Sutra leaned and whispered into his bloody ear.

'Deliver this little letter. If you live, fine. If you don't, well...I'll see you...on the other side.'

-----------------

The pair of fresh guards stood at the quiet town gates. It was early and their fire had died down. Though the sun began to light up the eastern sky, warmth was a commodity these past couple of frigid days.

The figure rushed up from the tree line. It rushed the gates. Wounded, it limped with rushed urgency. It appeared to be a man. He seemed bound, arms above his head, hands behind his neck, running. The screams were unmistakable, goblins.

The young guards raised an alarm, the sun not having peaked over the Eagleshire Sierra, the goblins had but a few moments to wreak havoc on the slumbering outpost.

'Take the shoot! Take the SHOOT!', the boyish archer raised his old bow, it squeaked with signs of wear and tear. It was the best the armory had to offer, for only 4 talons, he would have preferred being a smith.

The hooded figure closed in at about 20 paces. The boy aimed above the man's head aiming for the nearest goblin. It's eyes burned with hunger and rage. Nervous tension gripped the young mans heart and mind.

'DO IT!'

He blinked for a second. His friend let out a yell and immediately fell silent.

'What the!'

The novice archer opened his eyes and stared as the hand full of goblins rushed the tree line shadows and disappeared. The running man had come to a stop. His arrow shivered, buried between the man's eyes.

'Ah shi...'

-----------------

The guards dropped the dead body at their captain’s feet.

'We found this on the body sir.'

The archer stood by nervous and listened to the men speak. The captain murmured the recipients name to the men.

'Sir Forest.'

S

[con't]

The general who advances without seeking fame and retreats without fearing disgrace, whose only thought is to protect his country and do service for his sovereign, is the jewel of his kingdom. -Sun Wu

Post Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:11 am 

Forest had heard that Sutra was often seen near Midnight Sun. Gathering his companions, he headed out to find him. Forest had been involved in dealings with the Darkl Lords of this Kingdom. He knew how secretive they were, and how hard they could be to find. he did not assume finding one of their squires would be much easier.

They were about halfway to Midnight Sun when they saw a man on horseback bearing a Kingdom Banner. They slowed and awaited his approach.

"Make way" the man shouted, then he paused. He saw a device of Eagleshire on the saddlebags.

"I am seeking Sir Forest Evergreen, Duke of Eagleshire. I have an important message." he said.

"I am Duke Forest" Forest replied.

The man dismounted and kneeled. "A message for you, your Grace."

Forest commanded the man to stand. Being raised by gypsies, he had always felt awkward about titles and such. The man handed him the message. Forest noted it was smeared with blood, and a bit of the wording had been ruined, but enough of the message was clear.

"It is time to go to the capitol." Forest stated. "We have business with Regent Blaise."

With that they set off...

Puppet Master of the EH

"Of course you are Forest. You're like the Mr. Burns of EH." - Finn

(insert titles and awards here)

Post Posted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:50 pm 

Forest and his companions rode quickly back to the capitol city. It was the first time he had been back since the rebellion had started a year ago. It was an odd feeling, to be in a place that was like a home to him, but still feel unsafe.

The gate guards aloowed him to pass and soon the horses were stabled and messengers had been sent to the Regent.

Though time was pressing, Forest waited patiently for his audience with Blaise. She had information about what was going on and he needed something to work with. Hacking and slashing had its place, but he wasn't going to be able to help the Kingdom unless he knew what he was up against.

Finally, the doors to the regents private chambers opened and a royal guard came out.

"Sir Forest, Duke of Eagleshire, Regent Blaise awaits you inside. Your companions must wait here. She will see you and you alone." the guard announced.

Forest nodded to his companions and went inside. "Your Highness, I need a word with you about matters of Kingdom safety."

Blaise turned to face him, "I am glad you finally arrived...."

Puppet Master of the EH

"Of course you are Forest. You're like the Mr. Burns of EH." - Finn

(insert titles and awards here)

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Role playing