Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Role playing

Post subject: Blackest Sun
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:27 am 

Sire,

To you I give my life. May each traitorous breath stand as a vigil in your stead. I am more than myself and bleed with undying faith. I await your darkest hour. The weak shall burn like spent oil. The unrepentant will seek your mercy.

For I have come to understand that without anger, hate, jealousy, self-indulgence, each day is wasted in penance.

Come to me and instruct me in the way. Unobscure my sight, so that I too may be able to show my brothers and sisters of your true nature.

I invoke you in the name of Mallabus. May you come with insatiable lust for the unwilling.

Asiku
Proffesed Servant of the Mallabus
Cleric of the 9th Degree

-----------------------------------

Sutra folded the wretched parchment. He sat twirling it in his fingers. What in the fathers name provokes such blind and unflinching zeal? The edge of the parchment caught fire rather slowly.

Holding it over his small evening fire, he sat back letting the scrap piece of paper fall to the fire. His head tilted to the side as he sighed. He had read half the book he had 'borrowed' from the one who declared himself a holy cleric of the rebirth. He had burned at least quarter of the book away.

He wondered what became of the fear stricken man he sent to Sir Forest. He smirked. Hopefully he delivered the message.

Leaning back against the tree stump, Sutra contemplated returning to the duchy for a brief visit. He needed the rest. He had much to explain for his short disappearance. The others had to know what he had seen and learned.

Sleep.

It called to him.

He answered.

S
[cont]

The general who advances without seeking fame and retreats without fearing disgrace, whose only thought is to protect his country and do service for his sovereign, is the jewel of his kingdom. -Sun Wu

Post subject: Re: Blackest Sun
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 1:19 pm 

Stepping silently across the dusty threshold, Sutra made his way through the quite halls. The studious silence here was almost therapeutic. He hadn't been in the duchy's library in quite a while. He slipped past a few students that sat at large oak tables leafing through archaic tomes, transcribing them to fresh pieces of parchment.

Reaching the empty table at the back, he shifted through the scattered stacks of books sitting unmolested. She had recently been here.

He pulled the folded message from his pocket and nestled it in the sporadic shuffle of books and notes.

Gazing at the scrawled recipients name on the front, he was sure Duchess Faith would find it soon.

Leaving, he decided to stop at the local tavern for a warm meal.

S

The general who advances without seeking fame and retreats without fearing disgrace, whose only thought is to protect his country and do service for his sovereign, is the jewel of his kingdom. -Sun Wu

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Role playing