Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Role playing

Post Posted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:08 pm 

I closed my hand to put away the light. Then climbed within my small tent. Snoors probably sustained the night. Darkness in my mind. Intellect rising. I awake.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:15 pm 

Brazen and burning, peering through the trees.
I set my mind to decide my course.
1/2 of the journey left for further,
A tired mind bent on frustration.

My soles sick and sour mock my heart in a darkened hour.

Tear into my breast and brandish my houseguests. Take leave of the jungle and bring me to my ship.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:45 pm 

It was sullen and late in the morning. A chill wind swept across the beach. Terrible squawks erupted from long winged white birds. They dived into the sea mercilessly bringing up in my heart a desire to kill. Watching their savage ballet fishing exercise, something bit my mind, and my nostrils flared, sucking in the scent of the rolling water. Waves crashed and my mind broke free and I began to tromp into the ocean and make way to my sloop. I was anchored quite shallow but my boat had little draft, so I had no worry of being beached.

By the time I reached my vessel my cloak was thoroughly soaked and lifting my wretched body over the top railing was murder. I flexed every muscle in my arms and my back until I could finally hook my feet over the side, until then, I struggled with great regret for not installing a ladder.

Last edited by ZigTheFurious on Fri Jun 30, 2006 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:50 pm 

The voyage north was slow as I had to follow along the coast line to avoid the ravages of the ocean's brutal waves. My boat only being a wee little thing with enough space for me and three weeks rations, plus the necessary tools to do almost any repair upon my vessel.

I slid by the beaches dodging reefs and navigating through mazes of mangroves. Only a couple of times did I fear beaching my ship in the shallows. The wind was very fair to me the first day as I kept up a steady pace and my sails rarely showed slack. I thanked my father, God rest his soul, for all the long hours he taught me seamanship and navigation. He was the best sailor I've ever known. He wasn't much of a salty dog though. He kept himself well shaven, well dressed, and well fed. Rarely would he indulge in the pleasures of good drink. A pint of ale on Saturday's eve is all he would concede to the devil's drink. But sail! Sail he could. He could outmanuever and outrace anyman he came across.

I've never lived up to his great abilities at sea...but I'm damned close.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:54 pm 

A calm wind brought me into a darkened cove on a dark summer's evening. Hot and humid, my clothes drenched in my own fluids. Salt like beach's sand clinging to my brow. A giant in my head with a mind to kill.

I am home. On the tip top of the low hill rolling up like palms upturned put together at the ridge. My humble abode. Hermit's sanctuary. Backlit by darkness and purple hues that fade into pink and almost orange. The large mamosa silhouette empty and hanging as all good mamosa's should do. Joy rose up into my breast at the sight of my cherished home. Then I coughed.

"What a barren place this is. No civilization. No roads. No drunkards taverns! What am I to do here!"

Post Posted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 6:18 pm 

I kicked in the door. Then poured a pint of ale. I drank it quite quickly. Then poured another for my bastard child. I found a comfy chair and lounged. Picked up a lute and strummed a darkend harmony.

"oh dark lord, my saviour."
"descendant -- of the crown."
"pick up your legions"
"and"
"bring -- them down"

Post Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:10 pm 

Fire light played excitedly upon the vaulted ceiling of my home. I smiled and enjoyed the muscles pulling in my face. Air filled the nasal cavities of my drifting mind, soothing my peace and encouraging relaxation.

I put the lute down and began to look around.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:54 pm 

My eyes glanced over the belongings of my home, broad in focus, taking in large expanses at a time. Upon the northwest wall I became transfixed. Mounted high, I craned my neck to center in on my brother Zyax's old wooden practice shield. The grey paint was old and the grain patterns of the wood had gradually emerged over the decades. Now, the black two-headed phoenix hovered in the midst of a peeling gray time rift; so was the image of the swirling grain.

I felt my heart beat increase and my thoughts began to dwell on my brother. Many years it has been since I've shared his company. He, settled in the central kingdom, and I in the east. I recalled a drunken brawl, in which he smote down his foe with a single strike of his leaden mug. He said he could kill with it and so he did. A solid back-handed blow to the temple of the larger man sent the infidel crumpling to the ground. The ignorant wretch convulsed prolifically; blood oozed from his mouth and slowly he ceased moving.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:16 pm 

Memories are what this place brought to me. The history of all that was before, now seemed to emerge from everything in sight, and my heart swelled, as my eyes filled with the water of emotions. I sat alone in the relative darkness. I felt alone; The only human alive for a space of a hundred miles. Surrounded by artifacts and treasures that were very fond to me but also entirely dead. I pulled in the cool evening air through the channels of my nose and loosed my mind to a stillness and state of peace.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:18 am 

I filled my cup and drank through to the bottom. The time passed quickly and I drew tired. Sleep filled my vision and I went to rest.

Many weeks followed in similar fashion as I planned my journey North, back into the lands of my exile. Scouring maps and charts, counting my food stores, and mending my winter clothes filled the days and my thirst for booze filled my nights. A growing urge began to fill my breast. A deep need to travel gradually overtook me. I decided to endure this torture for yet another week and make solid my plans.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:27 pm 

My house had grown rather dusty in the days of my absence. With a ragged piece of cloth cut from an old tunic I had long since outgrown, I wiped free the dust of weeks from my tables, and shelves, and all other assorted surfaces that fill up a house. The pleasant scents of linseed and lemon juice lingered subtly in my nostrils and I smiled for the satisfaction that I recieved in viewing my glossy new abode.

Post Posted: Fri May 08, 2009 12:08 am 

The time was right, the winds blew favorably. I had nothing left to do. I packed my sacks and strapped on a rather light twohanded sword. I put down prayers to all that my faith allowed. I walked 200 paces from the door then turned around to take in the vision of my home. I closed my eyes. "Palace of slumber. Realm of solitude. Take to the sight of dreams in the daylight." To all but me... a mound of dirt littered with skulls.

I strode to the north. Mountains and mists rose before me. A snake slithered away beneath the rocks. I snacked on an apple and enjoyed its bitter taste. Step by step the time passed, the wind slowed, the sun set. I pulled my cloak tight because I became cold.

Post Posted: Mon May 11, 2009 10:40 pm 

In the darkness, I made camp against a mountain cliff wall. An overhang kept the rain from falling on me. There was a bit of wind but my thick cloak rebuked it. While on my way I had found a few fire stones. I had always played tirelessly with them in my youth. From the dry birch trees I assembled a small fire's framework. I struck the stones together several times until the sparks became fire. While I blew upon the infant flames I marveled at how the collision of solids could lead to such freedom.

Post Posted: Sat May 16, 2009 3:07 pm 

As the night wore on I grew bored of the night's stillness. I was not yet sleepy. My mind drifted to the lands that I was approaching. Past these mountains began the hills of emerald. Rolling one to the next, all before you, the sun raising the color to your eyes. The corruption of this lands ruling class had led to my exile. Truth of the matter is that I did nothing to mitigate their anger towards me. Their gruesome mentalities only brought rage to my heart.

It had been several years since my residence in this kingdom and now I have returned, even if it be only for a brief time. In my mind I saw a great gathering and knew that I must go. Perhaps old allies would welcome me. Certainly enemies would be plentiful.

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Role playing