Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Role playing

Post Posted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:45 pm 

(ooc: this is a rp history of the park my friends and I are in the process of forming in Durant, Ok. It also has a little history about myself /shrug)

Stripe sat in his new chambers. It had been another long day of battle against the monsters that called this area home. ‘What was I thinking, trying to settle this area?’ His warriors had finally cleared out the last swarm of undead, with help from a group of orcs. Those orcs were going to be a problem though, they were already reverting from the beaten down group that had stumbled in looking for help from the necromancer, back into the brutal blood-crazed brutes they are. ‘I’m going to have to talk to Grulga again, see if he can get his minions to calm down.’
Stripe Frostsorrow had been wandering for many years, ever since he was… created… ‘blasted lich’, but had finally found a place in Riverstone. At least, it had been for a short time. Stripe is a Deathknight, he was tolerated at best in Riverstone, the leadership and a few friends he had made there, but he had heard the whisperings and seen the glances. He might be a cold undead, but that doesn’t change the fact that he wanted a place to call home. So he had left, after consulting maps and charts, Stripe had decided to move into the wilderness between Dreadmoor and the southern parts of Emerald Hills.
There were a few paths through the area, but most travelers went heavily armed against the numerous orcs and worse creatures and traveled quickly. Stripe, had decided that if he could not live among the people of Emerald Hills, he would set out to make the untamed regions of the kingdom safe for travelers. He set up a small outpost about mid way between the two populated regions of the kingdom.
Almost immediately he came under attack by orcs and goblins. These he was easily able to handle alone, even when he stumbled upon the small pockets of undead and demons Stripe was able to fend them off and even destroyed a few of those pockets and closed some of the demon portals. This went on for months and Stripe had made almost no impact in the area. One day though a group of wildmen came to his camp under a white flag of peace. Stripe had seen the men a few times, they were mostly hunters who traveled the area and turned the monsters’ ears in for the bounties on them.
This group that approached him seemed different though. The look in their eyes was not that of the greedy bounty hunter looking to get rich, but the look of men that wanted to settle down and have a place they could call their own. Damein Vox, their chosen spokesman and Stripe discussed long what they both wanted. Finally the men agreed to work with a deathknight to carve out an area of civilitation for themselves.
The first thing they did was raise a fort for defense. The Fort of Okhisa Aluma was designed for selter and defense. Unfortunatly, the building also brought attention from a necromancer, whose castle was just a little to the north. The defenders had no chance against the onslaught from the undead monsters. The fort was destroyed but the small group managed to escape. They set up a mobile command center and were approached by Grulga, a massive orc/ogre. Grulga led a large tribe of orcs and ogres, and wished to join forces with Stripe and his men to take down the necromancer.
Stripe and Grulga, led their forces in several successful hit and run attacks against the undead forces, until finally they managed to break into the walls of the castle and confront the necromancer, himself. With just the two leaders against the evil creature, there was a fierce battle in which both saved the other many times. Finally, with Stripe distracting the fiend, Grulga stabbed it through the heart!
After the battle, the battle weary group slowly began clearing out the castle and the area immediately around it. There were many more groups of undead, but eventually they were destroyed and Stripe and his group of friends moved into the castle and renamed it and the lands around it Apudne Tevelme! However, the troubles are just beginning, and it will be a long difficult journey to make this fledgling land safe from the wild monsters still roaming the region.

I may fall but I will arise again and again, eyes blue alight to fight for the cause that is embedded in my stilled, frozen heart.

~Dreadlord Stripe Frostsorrow~

Post Posted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:51 pm 

Stripe awoke early, excitedly. ‘Today the kingdom comes!’ ‘Yes, more bodies for your army of undead’ Stripe shook his head to clear the last thought, he had been hearing this other voice ever since he and the orc chieftain had killed the necromancer. Stripe had heard rumors of the gathering scheduled for this weekend, but had been unable to confirm it until yesterday. Linkous Darkonus had been out scouting the lands to see where their orc neighbors had moved to and had seen 2 large camps, both flying the Emerald Hills colors and one with the Dreadmoor flag as well. Linkous had slipped into both camps and found that they were meeting at a location just to the north of the castle for a few days of war games and revelry.
Stripe set to work preparing as many of his men as possible to go meet the group; unfortunately he had sent several out to seek out more of the wild men that lived in the region. Of course there was no guarantee that they would be allowed to fly their banner on the field but even so they would lend their skill to whomever they pleased. Stripe also hoped to establish Apudne Tevelme as an official land of Emerald Hills and creating friendly ties during this gathering could be just the thing to do it. ‘Yes, gain their trust, then slit their throats and raise them as an army to sweep across the land and bring it under your black hand!’ Stripe again shook his head to silence the voice. He didn’t have time to ponder what the voice was or how to stop it; he had too much to prepare for. The kingdoms arrival, while welcome, made the days busier than the already arduous task of making sure that the orcs and other numerous monsters didn’t overrun the castle and destroy all that had already been built.

I may fall but I will arise again and again, eyes blue alight to fight for the cause that is embedded in my stilled, frozen heart.

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Role playing