Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Role playing

Post subject: A plea for help...
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:05 pm 

My brethren,

My shire is in dire need. I say "my" because I am the only one left. We received his majesty's warning about the creatures attacking the land, but in our own self-assurance and arrogance we did not heed the call. We never believed our small, peaceful land would be touched by such evil. They infiltrated us by stealth. It was over before it started. Jasum never returned from a hunting expedition. No one thought much of it. Everyone knew he liked to keep to himself and it wasn't unlike him to be gone for extended periods of time. Something was different when he came back. From there, he systematically turned our strongest fighters until there was no way my small force could stand up to him. Only because of my pure, healing magic was I able to save myself. Not only that, but I have been able to secretly study them. They haven't found a way to get to me, but I fear it is only a matter of time.

I'm begging any aid that can be provided. I not only fear for myself and my shire, but it is only a matter of time before the evil starts to spread. I cannot have that on my conscience. Please, help me in this endeavor for the sake of all that is good.

Humbly yours,
Jaek Nayr

**follow this link for more mundane info** http://tinyurl.com/4phhtxk

Post subject: Re: A plea for help...
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:21 am 

The messenger awaited a reply. He had stood waiting for half an hour, but still, no reply had been prepared. It was not his place to interrupt a meeting of nobles, but he had other places to be, more messages to get out.

Finally, the chamber door opened and the man he had given the message to, as well as a much larger man in similar garb approached.

"Deliver this to the crown of Midnight Rain with due haste. It needs to arrive before the sun rises." the large man said.

The messengers gaze was traped by the mans stare. There was no doubt that this man was unforgiving of failure. He took the message and wiped the sweat from his brow.

"Yes M'Lord. I shall see to it personally." the messenger stammered, backing out of the keep.

After he left, the large man turned to his companion. "This is a bad situation. We should travel up there and help them. We should show them the strength in unity."

"I know." Forest replied. "But we can not abandon the plans we have already made. We can only hope that our message arrives in time to stir up what aid it will. We will travel to their lands soon, and if things have not been set right, we shall right them."

Everlast grimaced, "We will stay the course and fulfill our obligations here first, but I will not sit idle once those duties are fulfilled. Have the stable hands prepare our wagon and make ready the guard for travel. Soon we will go to the lands of Midnight, and if they still are in need, we will aid them. I just pray they survive until then."

With that, the two men parted and set about to finish their tasks. They would not be at the battle in 2 days, but if their message arrived in time, aid would come to those in need.

Puppet Master of the EH

"Of course you are Forest. You're like the Mr. Burns of EH." - Finn

(insert titles and awards here)

Post subject: Re: A plea for help...
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:27 am 

The battlefield had a surreal quality to it. A fireball arched through the air, casting the familiar faces twisted in hatred in colors of red and orange. The combined forces of dreadmoor had come together at the call of Jaek, warriors from Riverstone, Caledonia and five banners had arrived, some just as the main attack arrived. King Alby tossed another fireball at what might have once been Tiverus as coitus, resplendent in his burnished breastplate strove with a demon in the guise of Xenhei. Not since the final days of Silverquill Hold had I seen friend battle friend with such vigor.

Nor led his forces to take the left flank as I joined Faelynn and Nocav to take the opposite side. Someone said something about the king being taken as we forced the vampires into a tighter and tighter wedge. That's when we saw it. There was something different among the vampires. Something more sinister, who's evil power radiated outward, giving the vampires the courage to fight on, even though their numbers had dwindled to a handful. There was a breakout just as I found myself separated from my allies. The vampires seemed to focus on me solely, closing around me. I was able to summon up the song to cause a couple of them to fall back in awe but there were too many of them. I was about to invoke the power of legend but as I gathered the power my concentration was broken as I felt a sharp pain in my shoulder. I brought up my sword but the vampire had position on me. I couldn't get a good swing. As I focused on the one that was already on me, I committed a fatal error. I failed to keep track of the others who had surrounded me. Another sharp pain in my leg and another in my arm caused me to drop to my knees. Then, the battlefield began to fade to grey and then black.

Lettusio-Rex, Dreadmoor Fey Jackalope
Member of the House of H.O.P.S.

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Role playing