Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Role playing

Post subject: The demon's return
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:06 am 

Nothing was out of the ordinary on that fateful night, the night when that being of Inexplicable evil got a shard of immense power….

Virgil was working at his desk when Kevetor entered his chamber. “So how was Midreign?” Virgil asked the champion “Pretty good, what did you think of it?” Kevetor replied
“I heard that it went off really well.” Virgil himself had not been able to go to midreign because of the amount of paperwork he had to do.
“What do you mean heard?”
“I was here the entire time; I regret not being able to go.”
“But you, I, and shadow all stayed in the same camp.”
“Again I was unable to go, I don’t like repeating myself. Kev, was there anything different about me, anything off?”
“Well…. you did show a particular aversion to reflective items like water and mirrors. Where is all of this going?”
“I didn’t get any of the shards did I?” Virgil asked turning pale, realizing what had happened.
“Well I believe you did manage to get your hands on one, you left shortly afterwards.”
“Prepare our defenses, NOW!” Virgil Ordered getting up from his chair and grabbing his sword from its mount on the wall.
“Wait one second, what’s going on here?” Kevetor asked following Virgil out of his chamber
“Mephestophillies has gotten one of the kingdom’s shards. I have no idea what could come of this.” Virgil answered rushing down the stairs of his family manor.

The wind picked up as the demon walked into the middle of the Darkwoods, “This seems as good a spot as any for my greatest creation yet. I have been quiet for a bit too long” He muttered to himself raising the shard into the air. “Alright then, now this shard has been ripping up this realm, so I should be able to…”

“We need to gather all of the forces we can muster.” Virgil said to the other officers at Mourningwood glen “If I am right then he is planning somethi……” Virgil got cut off by the rumbling beneath their feet. They rushed outside of the Armory and saw the giant tower rising from the ground, uprooting all the trees in the area. “It looks like it’s near the middle of the Darkwoods.” Shadow said observing the mass destruction that was taking place. That’s when they heard it that oh so familiar voice, only inside their heads.

“Greetings all of the Emerald Hills, I am Mephestophillies, your future ruler.” It appeared as if he was broadcasting this message to everyone in the kingdom at once “I have grown bored with sitting and watching, so I offer everyone this challenge. In Mourningwood glen my tower has risen and I, not wanting this wondrous architectural feat to go unnoticed, challenge all of you to get to the top.” Small chuckles where heard “Now no challenge is without reward so here is mine, one of your shards that you all have been trying to collect. Quite the reward if I do say so myself, but you should hurry this offer won’t be good forever, after all I do have conquering to do. So my soon to be slaves, you should jump on the chance while it is still good…” the message seemed to be over until “…Or I might just start slaughtering you all.” The last part was “said” in a much darker “voice”.

"I cannot quench your thirst
Because even if you yearn for the truth, you refuse to believe in it.
I cannot quench your thirst
Because no such truth exists that you are in anticipation for.
But I still want to quench your thirst.
Because I am the one the that put you into the desert."
-Frederica Bernkastel

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Role playing