Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Role playing

Post subject: Homecoming
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:24 pm 

After helping the caravan reach it final destination. The battle still lingering in his mind. He had turned against his baron to serve the crown. He risked his small temple in the north of the kingdom by remaining with the caravan to the end. Though most of it's treasure had been looted. He left his horse at the local stable for a quick return was needed. He gathered what little energy he had left and in a small shimmer Typhus was gone.

A shimmer in the room and then a growing figure appears. Typhus is home and he is not happy. His servants are dead yet his temple still stands. His scream of rage can be heard from the darkest pits of Hell to the highest peaks in Heaven. "Vengeance will be mine!!"

He turns to his alter and kneels. Beginging the incantations hoping to see the recent past f this location. He see swords but no person is weilding them could this be a trick or an unclear vision. His servants are killed mercilessly, even those that beg for release and offer their service to the Baron of Finders Keep. Their souls impossible to call forth.

He thinks to himself, "Traitor to a baron I may be, yet I am true to my kingdom and more importantly my gods." He readies himself for the forthcoming attempts on his life. Resting as he is able to gather his strength. Typhus, the dark cleric readies himself to fight alone in a hostile land.

Kracker Baron

Post subject: Re: Homecoming
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:21 am 

Having finally compsed himself enough to vebture ouyt of his Temple. Typhus went to a large gathering. He walked with confidence having secured some protection at great cost to himself. He walked literally unmolested amongst people that had caused so much damage to his plans and interests. The same ones that called him traitor on the field of battle. Acted as though he was not even there.

His lady had been revived after an attck at the crowning of the new Queen. The one responsible was in his sights and little did he know it. The order had not come from him, Typhus was sure of that, but his hand had laid the poison. With no effort at stealth or trickery Typhus boldly walked up to this assassin, one who made him shudder not. "Rage, how are you doing?", he said confidently with no waver in his voice. He laid his hand on Rage's shoulder and let the Death Magic flow through his palm. The withering affects took Rage instantly to the plane of the netherworld. There to meet Mallibus the one the red haired barbarian wished to raise. Typhus felt a sudden drop in his awareness and fumbled over the incantations to sever his spirit and leave him there. Yet he new of no healers in the area that would help this damned soul return.

That done he now sets his sights on bringing his own guild together in unity of purpose. This is proving harder than he thought. He has now made many enemies he is aware of this.

Kracker Baron

Post subject: Re: Homecoming
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:38 pm 

He reread the tattered parchment as he hid under the comfortable shade of his makeshift tarp. The rain pattered hard as he waited for it to cease.

The powers to the west had converged, he waited for word; anything positive that the gods would empower them with again. He waited for a change. He waited for the dark gift to double in his chest.

He held out his hand and gazed intently on the mark seared on his palm. Nothing. He could swear he could hear himself growl with displeasure.

He scanned the note again....

---v--v-v-vvvvv------vvvv------------vvv---

Dear Members of the Guild,

I am writing this in the dark of night. With only the moon for my
candle. Here at finders keep all of my acolytes have been slain. This
barbarian has gone to far. I ask that we take a vote on whether or not
to withdraw our arts from them and his supporters. If we vote this way
then all members of the assassins guild and Sable Pride as well as
those who fought for Finders Keep during the raid on the Kingdome
caravan will be denied the heal arts we control. If we vote against
this then each individual member of the guild may choose their own side
with no repercussions from the guild. However we vote I will let the
Queen know whether the guild takes her side or remains neutral.

In Service,
Typhus Deathcaller
Dark Cleric
Guildmaster of Healers
Kracker Baron

----^^^^^^----------^^----^-^------------

================================

Sutra stepped into the desolate temple. The upturned altars and broken candles lay disheveled on the scorched floor.

Sacrilege, it hung heavy in the air. Sutra, though not obedient to the gods worshipped here had enough sense to know something sacred such as this should go unscathed in war. This was not the case.

He scanned the evidence and realized it to be the work of a senseless madman, young ones bent on proving their grit. He shook his head.

Not assassins though. Even the most uneducated layman could recognize the fact.

Sutra had been there, aiding the royal caravan by accident. He had met the master of the healing guild. Typhus. He had been privy to much about him but stood by his side nonetheless. He was as surprised to see the shades of death gather among the enchanted citizens of Finders Keep as Typhus himself.

There was always more to the story than meet the eye. Sutra only wondered when he would meet with his own guild master. Would he be reprimanded for being in the wrong place and at the wrong time? Will he be allowed to know the true intent of The Guild?

Perhaps this was a personal vendetta Typhus had against The Guild, gladly willing to drag the faithful down with him.

Sutra stood as he swept a handful of ash from the face of a beautiful statue of mother and son. He frowned as he began to question.

'Has Typhus told them it is he who started this personal war between the shadows? Is he truly loyal to the crown, or does he simply want the royal hammer to smash the dark ones for personal gain? With the queen missing, is she in danger or being protected?'

Sutra tried to quiet the roar of possibilities growing insistently demanding.

'Ssshhhh...'

Sutra smirked again as he turned away from an altar he had set back in place before heading back home.

Time would tell.

S
[cont]

The general who advances without seeking fame and retreats without fearing disgrace, whose only thought is to protect his country and do service for his sovereign, is the jewel of his kingdom. -Sun Wu

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Role playing