Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Role playing

Post subject: The Stranger Arrives.
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:48 am 

The day was cold and cloudy, when he opened his eyes. The stranger found himself alone and surrounded by a hodge podge of broken weaponry, rusty steel, and raw twisted chunks of iron that looked as though they were intended for the forge but never made it. The only thing that remained in working condition was an old iron headed axe.

Immediately he heard people talking nearby and looked up to see the outskirts of a small province. He kept the axe at hand just in case, as the inhabitants approached him. He asked the first man to approach him, "Who are you, and what is this place?" The man answered, "I am the Regent of Eagleshire, the province in which you now stand." Then he asked the stranger, "Who are you, and how did manage to come by such a large cache of weapons?"

The Stranger thought about it. The name he was once called was on the tip of his tongue ready to be spoken but just could not come to mind. Everything else of his journey prior to waking up that morning he had no memory of. He had no idea who made the weapons, whether he brought all these materials with him in hopes of find a near by forge, or if the little folk had laid the odd assortment around him as he slept as some sort of misguided jest that he did not understand.

The one thing he did know was that somehow none of the equipment seemed right. Everything he picked up did not fit his hands, everything except for the axe.

He finally replied, "I do not rightly remember my name, as for the weaponry I have no idea where it came from, but I assure you that it is not mine. As I don't see anyone else that it could belong to, your shire is welcome to it."

The Regent responded, "This is truly a great gift you offer, our shire is small and our armory is depleted. As you can see from what is left among our guard, we have poles, picks, and staves, but we lack steel of the quality needed to make swords." He shouted to Guard, "Men, get this mess to the forge so the black smith can sort it out and make it ready to be added to the armory." To the Stranger he said, "You are welcome in Eagleshire, you have the look of a fighter, come and train with us."

As they trained, fighting came naturally to him in a since that it seemed this was what he was built for, what he was meant to do. At the same time though it felt very foreign as though he had fought before but so many life times ago that the art was now lost to him.

The training was interrupted by a horde of goblins coming to sack the province. The regent shook his head, "Not these guys again! These pesky Goblins raid often since our numbers are so small they think Eagleshire an easy target. If you don't mind, fall in with our men and help us dispatch the little buggars.

And so it was the stranger joined the ranks of Eagleshire and the province was saved from the goblin raiding party.

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Role playing