Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Role playing

Post subject: The Wanderer
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:35 pm 

"I have seen the Great White Light from which all healing flows. Stunned by the radiant beauty of an almighty and unkown Goddess, my unwieldable fire sat motionless for an ageless lifetime. Slowly my body and my thoughts returned to me. That Goddess would have kept me trapped eternally, but that light has gone out. She gave me the wings to control my power, but kept me chained to her. Now, I am free to soar like never before!"

The confusion of dark dreams and flashes of forgotten memories drove the Stranger away from his new home of Eagleshire. For many weeks, he ran through strange lands neither sure of what he ran from nor what he chased after, but finally he found it.

In the dead of the night in the heart of the forest, the Stranger stumbled upon the remains of a long unused stronghold. From the broken walls and the charred remnants of buildings it appeared the fort had been sacked and then abandoned by its captors.

A power took hold and drew the Stranger searching from building to building until sifting through the ashes he found what was calling him. He picked up the neckless that once belonged to the king of the Fire Monkeys. It was a talisman, born from a land beyond the boarders of Amtgardia on the wings of a red dragon.

The Stranger stared into the eyes of the faces carved into the talisman and memory came flooding back to him. His great plans ruined, his flight into the wilderness and exile, the destruction of his stronghold, his journey through the Otherworld, the end of mankind, the betrayel by his great spiritual mentor, and the rage with which he utterly destroyed that Oracle.

He remembered the surging power that overtook him as he traversed time, space, and the void like a great comet burning across existenses brighter than the sun. He suddenly remembered the healing of his mind, how he wrenched free of his prison beyond the void, and how he travelled through the crushing blackness of the maelstrom as he plummetted back to the world he knew.

The Stranger sat there for while in awe staring at the tallisman before uttering to himself...

"I know my name. I remember my purpose. I AM GROK!"

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Role playing