Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Role playing

Post subject: Finding Sutra
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:48 pm 

As Thangorn walked up the hill he knew that over it would be the duchy he had longed to be in once again. As he started to reach the top Thangorn triped on stone, but he noticed a pair of tracks going to the duchy...One older and smaller than the other, almost imeidiatly thinking of Sutra he jumped up and ran eager to see his old friend once again

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

" I'll take a room for the night, " Thangorn said to the inn keeper as he laid his bow down on the wooden counter top

" A'right, Laddy but i'll need meh money first" the inn keeper replied

" No chance of letting this be on the house?"

" Your not going to free load off me now scram you piece of filth! "

" You dont have to insult me. If you want me to 'scram' just ask" Thangorn retorted as he left the Tavern. But as he walked down the road he felt disipointed in not finding Sutra. As he settled down under a tree he dicided he would look tomarrow and fell asle

Post subject: Re: Finding Sutra
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:13 pm 

The sun settles again. The clouds move on.

The wet thud didn't stir any emotion. The hammer did what it was supposed to do. The steer lays on the parched earth, motionless. An occasional twitch caused dust to rise. Nothing more. Her voiced called him in for breakfast.

The steer hung from its haucks on the glistening hooks. He had only managed to deglove the animal to the waist. The blood trickled down its black nose. Muscle and sinew seemed to glow in the morning sunlight. Gripping the steers tongue, the diagonal cut freed the stiff tongue free from the root. It was his favorite dish. He figured he'd have some for dinner.

Reaching over he sipped bitter-doctored coffee from the tin cup. Coughing up dirt and spirits he turned from the seasons meal and headed towards the cottage. He would finish the job later. He always did.

Breakfast was typical. Bread with moldy cheese, a few slices of cured ham and some eggs from the last two hens the family had managed to salvage. The cup of sweetened water was no better. This is how it is everyday. He wanted to die. Hard times came quick, like a thief in the night. Wonders if his wife and three children would make it without him.

Shuffling back to the small cutting block he fashioned out of only tree they had on their land, he prepared to finish the ordeal. He stood there, the hooks swung gently in the slight forgiving breeze. The dog lapped at the pool of blood on the ground ignoring the slack jawed man. The bloody tongue sat on the cutting block, swollen and still.

Damn neighbor, must have come by while he was breaking, stole the steer. Looking around a few yards away, it was the trail of sanguine mud that caught his eye. Following it a few paces ahead he surveyed the land around and saw no sign of the missing animal.

The glint stood out at the horizon. About a quarter of a mile away. He strained to see what the source of the odd shape was. Covering his brow with trembling hands he saw it. He could make out the steer dragging itself, half degloved into the wilderness. The animal stopped and turned to face him. He could see the fresh muscle open to the afternoon air. Its mouth gapped open revealing only a stump for a tongue. It’s red eyes glared back at him.

He knew it was done. His bad luck and fortune just became fatal. He would suffer. His children would suffer. Their children too.

--------------------------

Fire engulfed him. He wailed out for mercy.
No mercy boy.
You must understand.

Forgive me.

[cont]

S

The general who advances without seeking fame and retreats without fearing disgrace, whose only thought is to protect his country and do service for his sovereign, is the jewel of his kingdom. -Sun Wu

Post Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:04 pm 

Disregard this I posted to the wrong section. Sorry for the OOC.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:15 pm 

The forest was so alive!
Oh, what a small joy it was to walk about it's verdant beauty.
along the aisles of ancient oaks and cedar, a lone figure dressed in black walked, motioning at some points to the left and right, and mumbling incoherently. Any sane man would take the figure as some fool, but to Nexus Crow, the trees spoke. And what stories they would tell!
Some of them, old friends.....and some of them quite new.
As he walked along, Nexus Crow saw a small being sleeping under a tree. The grins on his face could not be concieled by the heavy black cloak that flowed around him.
"I never thought my luck would be this good!", said nexus as he slowly bent down to study the face before him. "Yes, this IS the one!" NExus could not help but feel insanely happy inside.
Nexus crow reached his hand out to shake the figure before him and spake to him.
"Excuse me my good sir, have you seen Sutra?"

What luck.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:21 pm 

Indifference. And the silence will reign undisputed.

They never came. Not once.

The seven marks glowed brightly now. The 5th one fell quite. It flittered like a jaded dream. With a final gasp it flickered out. The scythe found it ripe this time. No longer pulled from its root, it was out right thrown to the fires.

The heat, how he remembered the blistering heat. A darkness consummate.

The rain beat like a drum on his flesh. Covered eyes, sealed with blood and tears caused slight discomfort.

It was the fact that no one sought him out that hurt the most. His heart beat free now. The burden was gone.

The child cried again. Malnourished and on the brink of death it called out for the loving arms of her mother. She sat on the side of the road. The dust from the passing caravan became muddy bread in her mouth. It choked her, but she had gotten used to it. The still body lay a foot away from the crumpled child too weak to raise her head from four days with out food or water. No one bothered looking at the flesh-covered skeleton.

The stars revealed by the waning sun, he marched with no particular purpose. He heard her muttered pleas for death. She was only 6. What kind of a world is it when a six-year-old wishes for the great sleep he asked himself repeatedly? He wet her lips with his palm, dabbing water from his flask hoping to interfere with the flow of things. It didn't work. She lay in his arms into the early hours of the morning. He wept for her. He had seen gentle death only a few times. His profession demanded a different audience. A much less voluntary type with staunch persuasion required at every turn.

He closed her glazed over eyes with his dry hand. He sat through the blistering sun of the afternoon and into late evening. It was nightfall when he had finished the makeshift headstone fashioned out of stones, when he had a chance to recite a small prayer for the child and her mother. He would ensure this would not happen again, especially at the duchy. No one deserves life more than the young. He cried again. His tears fell like falling stars to the earth.

Why.

The moon stood across from the constellation of the virgin. He stirred.

...shepherd...
...sutra...
...awaken...

The deep breaths stank of decayed flesh, baited and yet unrushed, reminded him of mortal sensation. Slowly opening his eyes he gazed at his own reflection in unblinking yellow orbs hovering over him.

Squinting he made out the dropping jowl and stringy drool ebbing from his enormous mouth. Not good. Teleport. Was it hungry he wondered. Teleport. The footpad weighed like a great stone on his chest. It instantly knew what he was attempting to do. If it were hungry it would have made him into a slumbering snack.

He waited.

[cont]

S

The general who advances without seeking fame and retreats without fearing disgrace, whose only thought is to protect his country and do service for his sovereign, is the jewel of his kingdom. -Sun Wu

Post Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:31 pm 

After leaving the duchy the day before Thangorn set back out into the wilderness trying to find any sign of Sutra.
"Hulllooooooo!" Thangorn shouted, "Sutra? Are you out there?"
Having no luck Thangorn pulled a rope out from his belt, and threw a rope over a branch of an old oak tree, and tied the other end around his waist. Then he grabbed the under end of the rope and pulled him self up to the branch. After untieing the rope and tucking it into his leather belt, Thangorn grabed another branch and hoisted him self up. As Thangorn got near to the top he pulled out a piece of parchment from his pouch and a feather pen, and scribbled down

Sutra,

Fire this arrow at full draw from which ever direction it came from.

Thangorn rolled up the parchment and tied it to the end of an arrow and fired it from full draw in a rondom direction. After repeating this process several times he started to climb down the tree.
At the bottom Thangorn made camp and thought to him self that the chances of Sutra finding one of the arrows and shooting it the right legnth is 1000 to 1. As he fell asleep he thought about were Sutra would be...

Post Posted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:30 am 

The world seemed like a dream at that moment.

Sutra struggled under the massive pads of the great beast, fighting for a final breath to utter another word. His mind seemed clouded and reclusive, falling in on itself like a house of cards. Yellow eyes met his and stared into him....peering deep inside of hismind.
"No!", Sutra thought, "You cant see that!"
The beast let off a bit of pressure from Sutra's chest and breathed a heavy, damp gust into his face, making him feel sick to his stomach.
The beast spoke...but not really. It was a strange feeling, as if the walls of his mind were echoing a rumbling voice like a cave.
"My master has expressed his wishes that you seek his company in the forest of tanglewood to the south" said the lycan, it's eyes again slanting to meet sutra's. "I would think that a man with a mind so strong as yours must be of some importance for me to be summoned....i trust you'll attend". Before Sutra could say anything else, the beast vanished with a blink of an eye, leaving no trace of his existence.

The wind blew silently through the tree tops. The leaves made a blanket on the cold ground. And Sutra lay beneath the tree...contemplating what he had just witnessed.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:42 pm 

After waiting 2 days Thangorn dicided it would be best to go to the forest so close to his birth place...Tanglewood forest. As he packed his things and put out the fire he realized because of it being a common passage for travlers he might find Sutra there and he left at a run.

4. Genghis Khan
Honor the great generals of old

Post Posted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:40 pm 

Septumus walked through the woods disinterested in just about everything. This had been an awful month for him. He grumbled to himself with every step. He hadn't really wanted to leave his last campsite but after his encounter he really had no choice.

When he arrived at one of his older campsites he noticed something, an arrow, sticking out of the ground dead in the center of the firepit. What was that on there? A note? He removed it and read it. "Fire this arrow at full draw from whichever direction it came from." What the hell? That would never work. Septumus pulled the arrow out of the ground and stuck it in his bag, might need it later.

It was probably best to bed down now if he was going to wake up before dawn and begin his trip. Hopefully he could forget his problems at Tanglewood.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:01 pm 

*Shivering I stood again. Firm footing on mother was always a welcome sensation. Her excitement shot through me, waves of anxious electricity surging through my veins. I almost stalled in mid step. Yeah, it's been that long. *

The beast, had it come with malice intent, would have made an effortless kill. Yet it didn't. Instead its purpose was to deliver a message. He wondered how many others had received such a similar invocation. Wrapping the dirty rags around his stout shoulders he leaned into the cold twilight's gust. Go south where the forest tangles.

He had joined the quite march of the early morning pilgrimage their once more. It must have been a fresh thousand steps he'd taken to the place he'd known now for at least 20 seasons. It was home away from, well, he hadn't really had a home. Not yet at least. Coughing and occasional laughter broke the solemn silence.

The red lotus bloomed. He blinked and stood still. Disgruntled patrons balked behind him before muttering a curse or two, circumventing the foolish vagrant. He seemed to absent-mindedly gaze into the horizon. Drunk, that's it.

He smirked shaking his head realizing he had enough with the visions. Closing his eyes, he dropped his chin and whispered a prayer. Opening his teary eyes, the sanguine lotus seemed to float as if in a river of air before him. He followed. Pushing became shoving until he stood off of the path, his path led him opposite of the general direction and back to the west.

Taking a moment to peer for any familiar faces he waited. Shaking the dew from his hair he continued on his new path. He was half a day's walk from his destination. Tanglewood Forest.

--------------------------------------

The heckling goblins rushed by the hidden youth. His group had been ambushed from above. They were promised many shiny talons if they came back to Dragdim with a few goblin hides and a were-rat tail or two. The goblins seemed to be easy enough to kill, but it was when they lost their point to a pack of were-rats. The screaming and spilled entrails are what attracted the goblin horde into their direction. There were too many to kill, even if they were easy targets. They were easily outnumbered three to one. It was the cold shadow washing over him that made him gasp. He saw it; with his own two eyes he saw it.

The sheriff stood eager to hear news from the hired mercenaries. The town had grown restless what with the random disappearances of loved ones from the once quite town. The rumors of shadows that moved with glowing eyes had begun to scare even the adults. They were not child's tales anymore. The elders had spoken of a fresh curse placed on them for not sacrificing to their harvest god. The young sheriff insulted such archaic nonsense. He was beginning to doubt his own ration.

He had called across the land for mercenaries, for a fancy coin or two, for any monster or creature hide making itself at home in the surrounding Tanglewood Forest. He was certain, kill the monsters, stop the disappearances. A month had passed and more than a hundred goblin hides, a few were-rats and even a vampire had been bleed in the name of empirical proof. It had all failed so far.

'Ishia, the seventh seal of the Ishia has grown corrupt and weak. Because of your lack of faith, it has been broken! Mallabus will come and cleanse this world...with fire!' His words ended in a vicious hiss to anyone bored enough to listen to them. The old man had been tolerated because of his relation to the cousins-friends-uncles-servant of the founding father of the town. His blind eyes flashed in the sunlight as he spouted ambitious prophecy after ambitious prophecy. The children mocked him as much as their parents. Still, his harbinger went unchanged. For 17 years, the same story of oceans of blood and of the dark ones flowed from his shivering lips.

'Is it true Sheriff Alsike? That the mercenaries can't find the culprit?'
The young guard asked his superior.
'Until, we're certain, I'd be willing to wager the hired 'help' have done a fine job!'
The young man noticed the sheriff shift in his boots.

The young man rushed into town screaming. The scratches across his face and neck appeared to have been the result of a goblin's failed attempt at breaking his neck. He fell at the steps of the town's jail. Gasping and tearing at his chest, he was lifted to his feet by the two guardsmen who were scared out of their wits by now.

'What is it boy!' Alsike demanded. 'I saw...it! His...it's eyes. The shad....ows..Please! Nooo!' Alsike slapped the young man managing to shut the boy up. 'What the hell are you talking about!’? The spittle from the man's mouth didn't even make the youth flinch. 'The shadows...they're real! Look! Behind you!!! NOOOO, NOO.....' The choking sounds of a collapsing windpipe blurred the young mans words.

Dead.

'What! The Hell!!!' Alsike screamed, stormed back into the barrack and barked out orders to ready the men. He was personally going to see to it that whatever it was in the forest, it would see its torment come to an end at his hands.

An old man garbed in local alchemy robes approached the newly excited barracks with invigorated interest in the matter of 'demons' and killer shadows. He stood patient and caught the sheriff’s attention.

'Alsike, take this, and give it to your men. Have them drink it, it'll be the only way you'll be able to see what your up agains...'
'I don't need any of your elixirs or potions; I can do this without your help! That's my job, to protect the people!'
'I know, but seriously, going into the forest to hunt this enemy, unprepared will only prove fata...'
'Damit fath..! Almoner, I can do this without the help of your potions.'
'Please, son. Listen to me just this once!'

Alsike, angrily grabbing the bottle from the old man's hand, squinted his eyes at the only man he had once respected, now with proud contempt, hated. 'Fine! I'll be back before dusk!'

Anxiously the town's remaining alchemist sighed a breath of relief. His son was the last thing he had. He wasn't going to lose him now, even if he was an arrogant fool.

As Alsike neared the forest line, he turned and did his best to rally his men, who eagerly stared at the bright green liquid in the flask gripped tightly in their leaders hand. Realizing they men were focused on the old man's concoction, he flung the flask at the base of a tree. It shattered into a million pieces, the bright elixir seeping deep into the earth. If he could see into his men's spirits, Alsike would realize it was not only the bottle that lay broken at the foot of that tree.

The men disappeared deep into the forest.

The town did not sleep well that night.

[To be cont]
S

Post Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:30 pm 

As Thangorn walked to the forest of tanglewood he spotted a previously used camp about 40 feet ahead of him, before he ran over ther he got on his hands and knees and crawled forward looking for any traps, after falling for Septumus's old traps this became a habbit.
"Aha," he thought as he found a barb wire "looks like on of Septimus's old camps." After getting up and walking into the camp Thangorn saw one of his notes stuck to a tree and tracks that looked of a giant rats running towards Tanglewood Forest.

4. Genghis Khan

Post Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:31 pm 

A lone soldier on horse back and dresses in BLACK saw someone stumble up a hill and quickly get up and head for the duchy in that direction, the soldier gives his horse a slight kick and turns toward the duchy shacking his head.

He arrives at dusk to this quite towne and over hears and inn keeper giving a stranger a hard time about paying for the night.

" Lets check the sheets, a old friend...." said the soldier after he dismounts his horse.

He removes the scrolls from his saddle bag walks to the window glances at the stranger and goes through each scroll as he gets comfortable leaning against the inn.

"No, no, not him, killed him, collected him, stab his dog, guteed him, no, no,..." lookiing though the scrolls of wanted posters he looks at his horse.

" I miss battles, it was simpler those days, this bounty hunting fills the pouch but not the soul, plus this guy isn't wanted any way, at lease not yet."

The horse nods and huffs, the soldier climbs back on put the scrolls back in the saddle bag and rides out of towne, and a voice comes from the shadows of dusk,

" General TuK! help me please..."

TuK! Uziel SP-420 STORMTROOPER of SABLE PRIDE, General and DARK SQUIRE of ES

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:33 pm 

Damn it missed alot let me reply

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:46 pm 

A lone soldier.........l saw a stranger in the woods near a abanded campsite, he was told check it out by and old friend, this stranger was checking for traps and knew what he was looking for. The soldier slid quitly from his horse and whispered,

" damn this guy is good..."

He crept up, drew he sword and and tapped the strangers shoulder and said-

" Find anything or just smelling the flower, before you jump up and do something silly, you can explain yourself, and horse can tell if your lying...."

TuK! Uziel SP-420 STORMTROOPER of SABLE PRIDE, General and DARK SQUIRE of ES

Post Posted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 2:20 pm 

" Find anything or just smelling the flower, before you jump up and do something silly, you can explain yourself, and horse can tell if your lying...."
Thangorn turned around slowly and replied to the soldier "I was searching for a barb wire and I'm looking for my friend." Not wanting to get stabed Thangorn pulled out his knife and bow and droped them at the ground.

4. Genghis Khan

Last edited by Thangorn Waterwalker on Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Role playing