Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Role playing

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Finding Sutra
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:26 am 

He smiled as the odor of the salty air filled his senses.

THe meeting had gone as planned....and now, the clock had begun to tick. Soon, very soon, he would have what he wanted. He remember his journey to the sea, starting on foot nearly two weeks past so as not to appear as anything more than a wandering bard.

Down the path towards the harbor of Innis, Nexus Crow walked with a renewed vigor to his step, taking in the beauty of the bright day. A small ship rocked to and fro against the docks, manned by a quaint crew of a dozen or so men. As he neared the small ship, a small balding man addressed him in a rather forwaerd manner.
"you looking to buy my good sir?" said the froggish man to Nexus
"It's funny you should ask, this is exactly what i'm looking for" Nexus replied, looking up at the ships Crows nest.
The deal was made and the little man went merrily on his way, hooting and hollering and jumping up and down enthusiastically as he waved a large stone around in the air in his hand.

NExus looked down upon his "Crew" , as it were and smiled.
"Gentlemen, it is my esteemed pleasure to have you serve under me. I require you only to take me one place, then, i will give up this ship and you can all have it for yourself". Nexus turned and made his way to the mast, letting the quick wind pass through his hair and over his face.
"We sail East until we can't go any further!" And so the journey began.

Weeks passed.......And still no sign of land, only fog. Fog that reached for miles into the far horizon. On the twenty-third day of sailing, the crew began to shout to their master, calling him to the deck. NExus quickly jumped up from his cot and raced to the top deck, soon enough to see the first cannon being lit from another ship, only a short distance away from his very own. The blast hit with unnatural ferocity as men screamed and ran away from the site of destruction.

It was all over in an hour. He had let himself been taken captive. His crew, slaughtered. As Nexus was drug to the middle of the ship under the main mast, a slew of purple tabards lined on each side of him, their rapiers drawn and their head low. From deep within the main cabin doorway, a dark laugh could be heard, cold and cruel and filled with some strange adventurous spirit. Soon, a figure could be seen standing in the doorway. The man walked towards Nexus slowly, looking at his new captive and evaluating him.
"Welcome stranger, it would seem you've become a new addition of our little family....from now on, you will be called swab" Said the man, pointing his rapier at nexus' throat.
From beneath his hood, Nexus smiled and replied.
"It's a strange way to treat a brother of yours, last time i checked Fytakin killzmany"
"How dare you!, you are no crew member of mine" Cried the captain as he tore the hood back from Nexus' cloak. HIs face changed as he looked upon the face of his captive.
"LEt him go!" yelled Fytakin. "You did well, but it seems we've captured somebody who's already one of us!". the captain laughed.
NExus looked at the captain of the Fallen and smiled wildly. "It's good to be back cappy, it's been a long time."
"Nexus, you bastard, it's good to have you here again......so tell me, what do you need this time?"

For the fist time in a long time, he felt like he was home. Now, he just had to see how his other friends were faring with their scheduled tasks. For now, it could wait. Tonight, their would be celebration.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:18 am 

"D Sharp"

The grey sea churned in the aftermaths of the morning storm. Thick
fog clung to the horizon like old, dusty curtains, dank and heavy.
From the north, a chill wind blew bringing with it from the mist a
great mast veering out from the darkness. All acroos the harbor a
voice could be heard singing a song, dark and low like the cry of
some mourning innocent. The fishermen all scanned from the docks into
the sea, watching the emerging ship draw closer. As the ship became
more visible, the men noticed a black and purple robed figure
standing on the very front of the ship, looking back at them, moving
his mouth along with that same darkly enchanting voice. Chills seemed
to make their way down every mans' spine, their own souls trapped in
a solitary nightmare, each man caught in a trance of agonizing
terror. It was all over before it even began, for everyone knows that
with the north wind brings the Fallen. Legends run along the various
coasts telling of a ship that ravages the seas with a crew donned in
the shades of night and captained, it is said, by the devil himself.
And this time, like so many other times before, another village had
been taken, lost to the song that sang not for the Fallens' victory,
but as a death march for the villagers impending doom. Nexus Crow,
the now Dark bard of the Fallen, smiled from the confines of the ship,
still singing his haunting tune and letting it resonate down into the
village as his brothers headed ashore to claim their treasures. He
could already smell the sweet scent of burning flesh mixing with the
salty air.
"A pity", he thought. "so much effort put into a song and not a
single clap afterward."
He chuckled to himself silently and returned to the cabin below.
There would be plenty more songs to sing come the next dawn.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:05 am 

Thangorn Waterwalker";p="724 wrote:
Thangorn jumped forward and turned around while pulling out and hooking and arrow to his bow.
while aiming the bow at the soldiers head Thangorn replied" I was looking for a barb wire and I'm looking for my friend. Now tell me what your doing out here before I shoot you in betweeen the eyes!"

OOC: Poor role-play. To assume that you would be able to jump away, pull out an arrow, knock it, and aim it at Tuk! before he could swing a sword either makes your character a god amongst mortals (never good to make yourself overly powerful) or means that Tuk! is completly inept with a sword(which does not hold at all with his character being a general of EH armies).

I reccomend replaying this and finding a different way out of the situation.

Sorry to interrupt the role play.

Puppet Master of the EH

"Of course you are Forest. You're like the Mr. Burns of EH." - Finn

(insert titles and awards here)

Post Posted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 1:20 am 

The sun burned low in the sky. From a distance, it was as if the blood from the heavens had fallen, and instead of dissolving into the sea, had floated atop it, reflecting it's menacing glory upon the realm of man.

To the east, a mast could be seen rising high into the air, meeting the horizon and coming into view, splendid and terrible as the squalls of the dying season. High in the mast, Nexus Crow looked beyond the stretching sea and toward the shores of Gaelmaia, the last great harbor of man. At one time, Gaelmaia had been a more peaceful place, but as all things in these dire times, it had come upon hard days. The ship of the Fallen would not plunder here, there was nothing to gain. It was a place where pirates were born..a place where those who wish for more leave themselves to ride the salty deep into the distant shores of foreign lands. Nexus had been here before, but only once. It fascinated him, that in all of his existence, he still hardly knew all that there was to see. Yet, he had never bothered with this thought before and business came before any pleasure.
As the ship took up port for the day, Nexus abandoned his quarters and slipped out of the ship, sneaking off into the night once again. It would be yet another good while before he would ride on the devils' nightmare again. For now, he had plans to carry out.

Nexus soon found lodging at a small inn called "the Dragon Star" on the northern part of Gaelmaia, far from the wharf and the foul stench of the fish market. His room, which he found to be quaint and unusually tidy was soon stripped of all it's furniture with a bit of clever magic and was, like many times before, decorated in the same fashion. a large iron brazier stood in the center of a large seal drawn on the floor. Around it, concentric circles were drawn, ending in long spirals that collapsed back in on themselves. To the far right of the room, a large frame for a mirror with no glass was hung on the wall. Nexus stared into the back of his conciousness, slipping in and out of planes, dodging from one memory to another, thought from thought, dream from dream. From his black cloak, he pulled a tiny bottle filled with a bright silvery liquid and uncappedit, throwing the contents of it on the wall where the frame hung. The liquid, however, did not hit the wall, but clung itself to the frame and soon spread out to become a thin sheet of luminescent beauty. No sooner had the last few spots been filled in when a face appeared before him, becoming dimensional in the surface of the "glass" as if it were trying to escape.

"Greetings again, Lady of the faces" nexus said coldy to the mirror. "It has been many a long year since i last requested your help"

The featureless face spoke, revealing rows of needle sharp teeth behind a half smile. "what is it you wish my lord, for I can see that Malla once lives again by your appearance. Only your blackness could call upon me, a vile denizen of the underworld"

"I wish for you to find and bring to me word from my associate, an assassin of midnight sun. Make haste in you endeavors, and perhaps we could negotiate releasing you from your prison?"

The face smiled again, laughing and displaing her ghastly maw. " I will do as you ask my lord, All hale Malla!" Her words could be heard as she dissappeared into nothingness.

Nexus Crow smiled as he looked toward the window, his breath fogging the panes. No one knew, and soon, the deaths needed to bring the true lord would come to pass. The time of the lady was passing, and her son would walk again. The cults of this dark god would serve as a pleasing distraction while the mission was being carried out.

"All hale Malla, lord of destruction!"

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon May 01, 2006 8:29 pm 

The Soldier, a lone trooper iching for a fight lower his sword and looks at his horse and knods slowly.
" Looking for a friend ..... some friend to leave traps behind? I'm looking for home and your in my way. "
" Carefull what your looking for, sometimes friends that leave traps are not friends, looking in the wrong places will get you in more trouble then your looking for .......sorry to bother you procide Es needs me once again, the Army is growing everyday and needs the trooper so carry on and watch yourself you cauth me on a good day" the soldier takes his horse by the rains and walks away glancing back every so often at the stranger.

Post Posted: Mon May 08, 2006 9:26 am 

He stood leaning against a cool column biting deeply into a green apple. Having taken the invitation to the newly opened royal grounds known as the Tanglewood Preserve, he enjoyed the beautiful spring day among familiar faces.

She sat quietly in the company of good friends. Her smile and sincere laughter captivated those in her company. It had been a good day of revelry.

His heart ached for what was to come. He had taken the assignment knowing only he could do it justice. She would not die dishonorably. She didn't deserve that. Not now.

He stalked silently next to her and whispered, "M'Lady Blaise, a word with you in private?" Her carefree gaze made his heart break a little more. A nod and a few paces away among the tangled garden they spoke.

Her gaze befell the flowers painted by unseen hands. Sutra missed a calculated stride being a step behing her. She smiled. Pulling the mask over mouth, the beautiful scent was hidden from him, the mask pressing hard against his nose. A sadness came over him.

Producing a dagger, he stopped and inaudiably whispered. She stopped with a furrowed brow as she peered over her shoulder.

"Come again Sutra?"
"Please...m'lady, believe me when I say it's nothing...personal."

She didn't understand until she felt the electic jolt of cold steel pressed against her back. How could he betray her?

It was his proffesion that disallowed him the pleasures others take for granted in this life.

She stood frozen.

He held the blade in his right hand. A jagged piece of cloth from her royal attire clinging, the glinting bead of sanguine moisture shone angrily on the bright weapon.

The once blue sky began to churn violently with dark clouds.

Sutra was gone.

S
[cont]

The general who advances without seeking fame and retreats without fearing disgrace, whose only thought is to protect his country and do service for his sovereign, is the jewel of his kingdom. -Sun Wu

Post Posted: Mon May 08, 2006 7:10 pm 

After meeting up with a random soldier not a few days ago Thangorn went back to looking for Sutra in Tanglewood forest

4. Genghis Khan
Honor the great generals of old

Post Posted: Mon May 08, 2006 8:37 pm 

It was a day of relaxation. the Monarchy was hosting its bi-yearly competition of the arts of culture and war. Forest was enjoying both. As the day wore on, he grew tired from the fighting of the tournament, and decided to take a break and chat with friends. It was a rare, peaceful day in the Hills.....nothing lasts.

"The Regent is dead! Blaise has been killed!" a voice cried.

Forest turned to look. Indeed, there lay his Regent, his friend, his companion in arms, with her life's essence flowing from her. Some people were looking for the attacker, others cried in grief. Forest paused a moment to look at how peaceful Blaise's face was in the "eternal slumber". It was rare to see a kingdom officer without a furrowed brow of worry or stress.

After a moment, Forest saw that no one had found the criminal responsible, and no one had come to the regent's aid. So he did what came natural. Extending his lefy arm, he called forth the healing powers of the Four Forces.

"Extension" he started and then began a spell to breath life back into his fallen friend.

Blaise came to life clutching at her side, but the wound was already closed, and the knife already gone.

Forest casually walked over to her and helpped her to her feet.

"Now that I am done fixing you carelessness....whom shall I "repay" for such actions?" Forest asked, smiling a wry smile.

It was time to be the hunter instead of the hunted. It was a nice change from the recent past.

Blaise whispered in his ear, and Forest turned to gather his companions...

Puppet Master of the EH

"Of course you are Forest. You're like the Mr. Burns of EH." - Finn

(insert titles and awards here)

Post Posted: Tue May 09, 2006 10:36 pm 

Thangorn, after searching for 12 days, ends up back in the Barony of Midnight Sun.
“HAV’N I TOL’ YOU BEFORE YOU SLIMEH’ PIECE OF FLITH STAY OUT OF MY INN!” Shouted the barkeeper as he threw a bottle of whisky at Thangorn
“ Ok, ok I’ll leave its not my fault my job doesn’t pay.” Thangorn replied to the barkeeper while catching the bottle and putting it in a leather bag at his waste
“Hey your to young for tha’.” Said the barkeeper
“I know.” Retorted Thangorn while running off with the whisky at his side. ‘I guess I’ll just sleep under a tree tonight’ Thangorn thought to him self..

4. Genghis Khan

Post Posted: Wed May 10, 2006 2:28 pm 

Xavir the dark elf assassin walks through the forest looking for his next bit of practice while quietly contemplating the thought of attempting to find Sutra he wanders for hours pegging small animals with bow strung across his back and sword at his side and a small cash of throwing knives in his jacket. he loves the sound of silence that comes form the forest.

"Ahh i have come to a decion i will hunt for Sutra and learn all that i can from him and his ways" he slowly sets off for the direction of the last known location of one other looking for Sutra, Fangorn.

As much as the thought of working with such a gentleman sickens him he figures that in the end it will help him and huck who knows maybe he can rub some bad off on him in the long run

Post Posted: Wed May 10, 2006 4:48 pm 

The steam rose from his head. He dunked his face in the cool spring again. The birds sang their repetitive song.

How does one not get so...complacent with such an existence.

He drew the last glyph on the ground, pausing only to scratch at the fresh cuts drawn upon his flesh. Blood trickled, pattering like traitorous rain on the earth. The marks he had learned would protect him from the gazing sight of the dark shadows surrounding him.

The sun struggled to reach the dark forest floor below, his spirit begging to greet its warm embrace. Not now, not today. His furrowed brow twitched at the sight of carefree butterflies fluttering about.

He hated everything beautiful, realizing it would one day wither in decay, demanding to be purified by ash. Only the cycle is eternal.

Finishing the foreign marks on the ground, Sutra sat up pulling his hair back with a silk ribbon he had 'borrowed' from a friend. Closing his eyes to meditate, he stared into her eyes once more.

He had spoken to her before leaving. He only wondered what would come of it. He had grown weary of the silence.

'...you have done well assassin...though one remains, remember our agreement and you will be...rewarded handsomely...'

A sneer crept unto his countance. Nodding he recognized the voice. It was not the voice of power and command he had grown to respect only recently. The voice dripped with malice and contempt, sparking revulsion in Sutra's core.

'The others have failed you..' Sutra said proudly.
'I am well aware of their lack of faith, but I do not think you have any right to mock m...'
'I will do what I will dammed corax.'
'Your pride is indeed strong, or it that over confidence I smell?'
'I will meet the requirements of our contract, I am good for it.'
'We will see young one, we will see...'
'I've always been...'

The presence departed leaving Sutra alone once more. His eyelids ached as they reopened to peer into the canopy above. Wiping his eyes, he rubbed the blood between his fingers again.

How does one not get so...complacent with such an existence.

S
[con't]

The general who advances without seeking fame and retreats without fearing disgrace, whose only thought is to protect his country and do service for his sovereign, is the jewel of his kingdom. -Sun Wu

Post Posted: Fri May 12, 2006 1:08 pm 

As xavir walks twords the town he wonders what he will say to this man thangorn and how he will convince him to join. Suddenly he stumbles apon a man sleeping at the base of a tree as he slowly approches the man looks more and more like the one he is looking for he approches from the oppsite side of the tree and slowly spies on the stranger.

"ahhhh he is the one. Now to wake up the nice thing and convince him of my intentions"

HE slowly prods the young man out of his slumber and says"You are the one they call thangorn are you not?"

Post Posted: Fri May 12, 2006 6:27 pm 

As Thangorn is awaken by a man poking him while saying something Thangorn couldn’t under stand do to the fact that he had just woken up: Thangorn rolled forward and tried to pull out his knife, which only resulted in him stumbling and dropping his blade

“Who are you?” Thangorn said embarrassingly.

“I am Xavir the dark elf.” Stated the man.

“Wait what was the first thing you said?” Asked Thangorn.

4. Genghis Khan

Post Posted: Fri May 12, 2006 8:50 pm 

I said but one thing "i am Xavir the dark elf i have come to help u take care about what you say because there are those who would like to follow and kill but i have eyes and ears like a hawk so dont worrie but be cautious" "i will not take no for an answer" so lets us begin as soon as i cook you up some breakfast shall we

Post Posted: Fri May 12, 2006 9:21 pm 

Finally able to get ahold of his knife Thangorn pulled it up while Xavir was talking.

“Your going to have to explain your self better than that…you know what, if your offering me free food your either out to kill me, or my new best friend, and since you’ve already had a chance to kill me I’ll trust you” replied Thangorn as he started walking up the hill to the Barony

4. Genghis Khan

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Role playing