Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Role playing

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Finding Sutra
 Post Posted: Sat May 13, 2006 5:45 pm 

-- A few nights ago--

A being creeps through the woods as if he is searching for something. It is soon made apperent what, for it plucks an arrow out of the corpse of a small animal.
"I knew it." says a male voice. "Your coming to my new home, but what has called you? Mother said you headed in the direction of the Green Kingdom. But why now, you said you'd never come. No matter; I will catch up, but how far behind am I?

--Now--

The man strides into Midnight Sun with the arrow still in hand. He sighs as he looks around, "It is good to be home. It's changed though. Why is there so much traffic?"
" Oh... I know those boot tracks, Brother. Two days, I need to catch up, we need to 'Talk'."
A laugh echoes through the near silent town as the man follows his brothers tracks through the Sun... but who is this with him?

" Always keep your clothes and your weapons where you can find them in the dark"
- Robert Heinlein

Post Posted: Tue May 16, 2006 1:52 pm 

As Thangorn and xavir walk. Xavir suddenly stops.
" Hold there's some thing followong us, something familiar about it but i cant put my finger on it. It is very familiar like something just out of reach." "Stay close he's not far behind maybe two days or so."

Silently he ponders "is this who i think it is if so i will leave a discrete little thing for him and if it who i think it might just confirm it"

As they walk along Xavir stumbles, "Are you ok?" askes Thangorn.

"Yes im fine just tripped a little" replies Xavir

As they move along after that Xavir thinks "well that should do it just nicely"

They walk for some time and decide to find a place to stay for the night "i like trees i think i would like to sleep outside tonight" Lets find something to eat and well take a place to sleep shall we Thangorn"
"Yeah thas sounds nice"
"ill cook again no big"

After a hardy meal they both lay back and as Thangorn drifts off Xavir takes a small bit of parchment and writes "Hello my hunter hope to see you soon. Beware there may be hard times ahead for you if you keep following like this. You might find yourself in a little bit of trouble where your pray just might happen to strike back."

Chuckleing to himself he places it in a high place amoungest the trees and goes to sleep thinking about this thing that feels so familiar but is just out of reach and what he might lay instore for this follower.

Post Posted: Tue May 16, 2006 4:07 pm 

"So, who was the letter for?" Thangorn said while walking along the trail left by the many other people who had walked it.

"I don't know what your talking about." Replied Xavir

"Don't deny it, I saw you write it last night and stick it in the tree."

4. Genghis Khan
Honor the great generals of old

Post Posted: Thu May 18, 2006 11:41 am 

It wasn't until the lighting struck that he could make out the shapes on the violent waters. He was convinced it was his imagination. A few pints of ale do that to a man, especially one as lonely as this one. He sat at his post faithfully for the previous 47 years without anything worth telling. A good story, that's all he wanted.

It seems fate had presented him the opportunity this eve. He squinted again, rubbing the salty mist from his wrinkled eyes. He hadn't noticed the black fog that had rolled unto the mainland, his mind jostled with anticipation. The alarm didn't sound.

The bell always rang during scripted drills. His hand trembled as he struck the bell again. Nothing. He was convinced he was going mad. The night seemed to steal the very sound of a bell. Looking back into the dark waters, he focused on the very sight he had been trained to look out for.

'Pa...pa...paa....' he stuttered. The serene whisper jolted him more awake than even the day of his birth. He could feel blood and air escaping through his neck. Gripping the fresh wound, his life flashed before his eyes. Not the memories of the past, but the memories he would not be able to make. Visions of his wife and children blinked out.

Before being lulled to sleep by the dark grip, he could see her face once more. He could barely make out the words but it was enough. He read her lips. He read what he had heard from her mouth for the past 47 years.

'....I love you....'

Sleep.

---------------------------------------------

His shadows seemed to dance on the leathery wall, trickery produced by flickering flames. He sat across the old man. His tanned hide seemed devoid of substance, but it was what he was allowed to read in the elder's eyes that produced the confidence he needed.

It had been almost 12 years since he last seen this shaman.

'So...the umbra...how is it?'
'You were always the one.... to ask such poignant things.'

Sutra felt his left thigh cramp up. He hated sitting cross-legged.

'It speaks to you and you still follow their ways. What exactly are you...waiting for?'
'It's been a year and I haven't seen proof at al...'
The ancient's hand rose in the air and interrupted the young man's disgruntled disposition.
'What exactly is a year young one?'

Sighing, Sutra realized an immediate answer would not be his for the taking.

Sutra only listened.

S
[cont]

The general who advances without seeking fame and retreats without fearing disgrace, whose only thought is to protect his country and do service for his sovereign, is the jewel of his kingdom. -Sun Wu

Post Posted: Thu May 18, 2006 1:27 pm 

"My you are the smart one aren't you."
"The note was for the one who is following us around. It simply said hello and to be careful that we could strike back. I think he should get the point if he is familiar w/me as well. But hey well see. I think that we shall soon know what or who the thing following us is and that should make things intresting."

As they continued on their journey they come across a very nice little grove.

"This could be a great place to set some things up. Do you have some rope, some extra arrows, and a hachet?"

'Yeah i think so let me look in my pack." Replied Thangorn

"Yeah this well do just nicely" he says as he gets to work " I think that are "friend" well have a lovely time with are little party"

After setting up his "party" he turns to Thangorn, "Now i think that we will wait and see what these next few days will bring to us."

Thangorn turns and says"ok but what will we do?"

"Sit and relax for a while you can go if you want but im going to stay and watch."

"You could go look for some clues from the one we are looking for maybe we can find him soon i dont think that we are to far off."

Thangorn looks and says "YEah i will to that after a little R&R."

"I think i can dirnk to that my friend yes indeed."

They sit and have a drink and catch a little sleep while the one that they wait for slowly creeps along just a few days behind.

Post Posted: Thu May 18, 2006 4:00 pm 

Having set up camp a few hours earlier Thangorn went off hunting for a bit of food. As the hours past, and Thangorn only seeing a rabbit, it soon turned dark and Thangorn was thinking of turning back when he saw a lantern out of the corner of his eye being turned off not to far away.

Thangorn slowly crept over to the camp where several men lie sleeping. Thangorn was going to leave when a bottle of whisky caught his eye. Thinking about how they had finished off his own bottle earlier, Thangorn slowly crept over to where the bottle lay.

"Hey." One of the men grunted drowsil, but then slowly drifted back to sleep.

Thangorn grabbed the bottle and fled out of the camp and back to his own.

4. Genghis Khan

Post Posted: Fri May 19, 2006 3:16 pm 

Down a long and dusty alleyway, a littrle girl walked cautiously, making her way toward a tiny shop with a faded sign hanging above.

"THE CRIMSON LILY"
Apothecary and Library
By way of Loremaster Einn Dusang

As she slowly opened the large door and made her way into the shop a very old and very snide looking man moved in front of her.
"Are you my messenger?" said the man, looking down at the girl with contempt.
"If you are Einn, my lord, then yes" she said, handing the man a small scroll as he shook his head in agreement.

Einn gave the girl a few silvers and quickly shooed her out the door, scurrying to his desk and knocking over quite a few things in the process....he was nervous. As he opened the scroll, a thick smell rose to meet his senses. It was a strong scent, like pineneedles that had decayed under a blanket of snow....a smell of pleasant death. He had smelled it before.

To the high priest of the western order of the mallabus,

It has yet again come time for me to contact you my good sir. I do hope that your business is flourishing. I am contacting you to make sure that your obligations to me are met. If you are wondering where this "wealthy benefactor" is, you should know that I am close. Perhaps, if things go well, we will be seeing much of eachother soon. I have heard rumors that the great obelisk of malla has been desecrated, that glyphs have been appearing at randiom. Watch these instances. I will not be stopped nor will i see Mallas passing again. The assassin has succeeded and only one remains. Do not worry about him, he has fit nicely into my plans, although i suspect his trust in me is failing.No matter, only a bit longer until my use for him is up.
If anyone gets close to the obelisk again, kill them. I am a gracious lord, but do not fail me. Soon, the lord of destruction will again walk. The true son of my mother will again rule over this realm. Do well, high priest, and you will be rewarded beyond your "wildest dreams".

May the mother and son be with you,
-SDR

Einn grabbed his staff from against the wall and hastily walked out of the door. He never saw the face watching him from the mirror on the wall.

All Hale Malla

Post Posted: Fri May 19, 2006 3:29 pm 

(ooc: changing person to first sorry for the inconvienience if it throws you off)

--Following the trail--

'I cant belive they are being this carless. It makes no sense... this stumble, is one of them drunk?' I thought, as I walk to the perimiter of their latest campsite. I search for traps but find none. Whats going on?

There is no way that anyone can be this careless, but it looks as if they are. Why? Or rather; how? Maybe it will become apparent later.

'Oh well. The semi carful one walked a little and stayed in this spot. The other went... UP A TREE??!! What?' thoughts raced in my mind as I climbed the tree and found not only a resting place but a note.

"Hello my hunter hope to see you soon.
Beware there may be hard times ahead for
you if you keep following us like this. You might
find yourself in a little bit
of trouble where your prey just might happen to
strike back."

'Damn it. Quite prsumptious of the little bugger but it gets the message through. I'll follow off the side off the trail and not rest. It might kill me but I'll get to them sooner... and maybe sneak up on them too.

A soft laugh escapes my lips as I realize that for once I seem to having some fun.

" Always keep your clothes and your weapons where you can find them in the dark"
- Robert Heinlein

Post Posted: Fri May 19, 2006 3:59 pm 

"The great change" (a continuation)

Nexus crow shifted back into reality, bringing his gaze up to a large mirror on the side wall. So much had changed since the dark mother had called for her son. He no longer felt any joy in nature. Life was merely a preparation for death, a beginning of the great cycle. His face was sallaw and could barely be called anything near human. His eyes were black and reflected all that he saw, like glass forged in the darkest of fires. His hair faded from black to tufts of long feathers which shimmered a pale death. His fingers were now long and pointed and his teeth were quite the same.
"What is happening to me?" he thought, before his senses were again taken over by a wave of darkness and hatred and he fell to the floor.

After a few minutes, nexus picked himself up from the wooden planks and looked up again into the mirror. It was done. All that was who he used to be had passed..the change was final.
What was it? was it his overall detestation for humans and their ungrateful ways which drove him so?...or perhaps, perhaps it was he had been made to feel this way to better serve his new lord, the son of creation and king of destruction. Either way now, it felt good, and Nexus crow Smiled with delight.

Post Posted: Sun May 21, 2006 2:20 pm 

Being the second day they had set up camp Thangorn had climbed a tree on the side of camp, with his bow arround his shoulder, for a little Target practice.

4. Genghis Khan

Post Posted: Mon May 22, 2006 1:15 pm 

"Well now this is interesting i havent seen any thing but i know that this thing is coming up to the camp very soon."

While think about who or what this could be he slowly sips some whisky and eats a little cheese. He watches as Thangorn practices alittle bit of archery.

"This is going to be a lasy day yet again isent it."

Xavir starts to sharpen his daggers and his long sword. He also take this time to wax his bow string and make a few shafts for arrows later on.

The day slowly moves on and all seems well but there is something that is desterbing the forest near the grove and that something is the thing that they are waiting for.

Post Posted: Tue May 23, 2006 9:35 pm 

--Suprises--
"It took awhile but I foumd them. I see my brother, but where is the other one? It doesn't matter. I'll go around the camp, X prbably has traps set for a pursuer"
I set of into the woods around the camp. I notice that he seems lax, like hes not worried about who's following him.
"Ouch," I whisper as my eyes adjust to the campfire. "This tree provides some cover, where's the other one?"
Suddenly an arrow plants itself in the ground at my feet. "Who the hell are you,"asks the bows weilder "and why are you following us? Answer me I wont miss twice..."
"Your companion," I spit with contmept "is of interest to me." I answer.
I secure my hood tighter around my face and ask. "Who are you who takes to company with a Dark Elf?"

- Robert Heinlein

Post Posted: Tue May 23, 2006 9:54 pm 

"When I said who are you I ment your name" I said as pulled the string back to my ear.

"My name is Gavalan, now Ive told you mine what is yours."the stranger in the hood replied

"Your in no position to ask questions, but my names Thangorn and I travel with who I please." I retorted, "What buisness do you have here and why were you sneeking."

4. Genghis Khan

Post Posted: Wed May 24, 2006 12:11 pm 

Hearing a rather great arguement going on xavir decides to leave his resting place and go greet his brother who has just recentily discovered his traveling partner.

"Hello brother how are you today you seem to be in a bit of a situation. I hope that you have not offended my friend here that could prove to be a bad thing if you plan on talking to me about why you have been following us lately. I hope that you are in good shape though."

To which Gavalan replies" Nice to see you too you dirty fool what are you doing here and what the hell are you thinking traveling w/someone like him. I thought that you had better taste than that???"

"Well now arent we the peachy one today had a bad trip or did my friend here just startle you a little bit and ruffel you feathers." Retorts Xavir

"Hold on did you to just say that you are brothers???????" Asks Thangorn

"Yes you dimwitted fool we did now if you will keep up w/the conversat..."

"Watch who you are calling dimwitted brother he really is the smart one and he is a decent shot with that bow of his and you are really quite close to him ya know."

" OK sorry but do try and keep up will you." Gavalan responds acidly.

" Well now that we have had are opening to this grand "adventure" of yours why dont you sit down and tell me y you both are here."

"Thangorn come down from the tree and come help me explain to my brother why it is that we are here and what it is that we plan on doing."

And so the three of them sit down pour some drinks and get ready for a nice long little chat with eachother.

Post Posted: Thu May 25, 2006 11:03 pm 

“Welcome back.”

“Thank you. How has he been?”

“Very well. He is playing in the other room right now. How was your meeting?”

“It went exactly as planned.”

“Very good M’lady.” He pauses to reach into his pocket and pulls out an envelope and hands it to her. “A message came for you a couple days ago.”

She breaks the seal and begins to read the message.

Havn't found Sutra
In the forest
-Thangorn

“Any luck finding Thangorn a spelling checker spell yet?”

“I have our wizards working on the problem, but nothing seems to be effective enough.”

“No point in unpacking my bags. I will be leaving again soon after I spend some time with my son.”

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Role playing