Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Role playing

Post subject: Now It Begins
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:43 pm 

The more this enigmatic feline speaks, the more rigid I become with anticipation. My heart fluttering like a trapped sparrow, by breath shallow and sharp. Struggling with my own buoyant hope and the fear of disappointment, I resist the urge to tamper with this retched dress I am forced to wear or interrupt with the steady stream of questions which roars throughout me.

When he finishes his proposal, his history, the epitaph of events leading up to this moment and asks me the one question I thought he'd never ask, I have to take a moment to compose myself, lest let my inner conflict muddle my response with a torrent of babble.

Almost not trusting myself to speak, I whisper, "This trail, this rift, might it also reunite me with my family?"

I watch his face intently, gauging the minute changes that passes through his features. Though foreign to me, the process of his logic, the synapses behind his decisions seem closer to my own than anyone I've met in a long while.

Without breaking eye contact, he nods a short bob of his titian head.

I release a deep breath I didn't realize I was holding and with it, my self control, not terribly strong to begin with, coming from a land of unwasted temptations, disintegrates.

In a flurry of motion, I begin to speak, or ramble, more like it, bombarding the grinning malkin with overlapping queries, like "When can we start?" "How can I help?" "What is it I need to do?" "How long will this take?"

Holding up one paw-esque hand, a simple clawed gesture, he allows me to lapse into silence before speaking, himself, "This is not going to be simple. There is much to discuss. I need to know I can trust you to keep this to yourself before we proceed. I want you to think about what we are suggesting, it could be very dangerous, indeed."

Filled with a new-found hope, I speak, my voice calmer and more collected, fierce in it's determination, bordering on devotion, "If you can reunite my family and I, return me in flesh to Pan, then I will help you save this world, no matter the risk, regardless of the danger. Of that, I promise you."

He meets my stare, gaze unwavering. And, it is then that I realize his eyes are the exact shade as mine....

Post subject: Re: Now It Begins
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:44 am 

Fionnigan turned the page of the ancient tome with the utmost care. This was one of the oldest books in Fionnigan's personal library, and was one of his most prized pieces. The Manuscript of Mordru was one of the rarest tomes of magic and the workings of the prim Fionnigan had ever found. It covered many things concerning the working of the prim, but the spells in the book were not what Fionnigan was interested in. It was the writings on the many worlds that exist that Fionnigan was looking for.

Fionnigan was well aware that this world, Amtgardia, was not the only one that existed. His own mother was from a far off world known as Melnibone'. She was a practitioner of spell casting in her own home world, and had found a way to pierce the veil between worlds. As she came into this knowledge her world began to end in a cataclysm, and she used her knowledge to travel to Amtgardia. She explained all of this to Fionnigan before her death. She also explained that Amtgardia was a very permeable plane and that it was open to many gateways in the universe which she explained was vast.

Fionnigan had a fascination with the other planes of existence and their intersection with this world. He had researched many writings concerning possible other realms of existence. The Manuscript of Mordru was one such item. The manuscript spoke of a multiverse a collection of realities that all exist in conjunction with each other. The author claims that they all exist one in the same space as the other, but all at different harmonic vibrations that are beyond the perception of lower creatures. The author proposes fifty two different realities that he has been able to perceive, but that there may be many more.

The author also proposed that the different realities were connected at points in their pasts, and that major shifts in each one's history were the cause for the changes. There have recently been some in the realm who have questioned whether or not Amtgardia itself has not gone through similar shifts. Fionnigan had been spending much of his time recently researching these theories. The thought that the world had gone through many shifts in it's very reality was maddening to Fionnigan.

I do not suffer fools gladly, and fools with white belts never.

Mortem proditoribus.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:10 am 

For a moment time stopped…
Each caught in the other’s gaze, the mythical Satyr and the magical Cat.
Surrounded on all sides with the sharpness of thorn covered brambles that ran throughout the woods encircling the Point of Kings, the two beings had become all but insubstantial. As if, by will alone, they had been transported to a completely different location.

The Satyr looked around in wide-eyed wonder, as Delphos caught sight of movement just outside the thicket wall where they sat and time abruptly resumed.

“What just happened?” asked the Satyr.

Delphos held a finger to his lips and then pointed down one of the trails that intersected nearby. Someone was approaching.

From the direction of the practice field, two figures came walking down the main path just adjacent to where the pair sat. One was unknown to either Cat or Satyr, but the other was quite familiar to most everyone…

The tall thin frame of the Sorcerer was unmistakable. His gray tunic was of simple cloth and belied the true level of his knowledge and the strength of his power. His long arms waved about wildly, discussing what must have been very important matters within the circles of magicians and wizards, as he and his companion walked briskly along the path.

Though he could not make out the words, Delphos knew by his actions that Finn was extremely agitated. The raw magical energies being expelled by his hand motions, were so strong they could almost be seen by both the Satyr and the Cat. Rippling outward, the waves could be physically felt as they washed over the two. Startled, they both dropped low, muscles tightened, instantly drawn into flight-or-fight mode. Predator and prey alike, both felt the presence of power.

With the rumors of mythical creatures and the like being persecuted by many in the Hills these days… The Satyr had every reason to feel threatened. And as the Sorcerer and his companion passed within a stone’s throw of where they sat, the Cat could almost taste her fear.

Delphos smiled at the Satyr…
“Don’t worry” he said in a low voice, “they won’t even know you’re here.”

Post Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:44 am 

Fionnigan sat in the domed chamber listening the clamor of men who had led this realm through dark times and days of peace. Today seemed, at least in this chamber, as far from a day of peace as any good man could possibly get. Fionnigan had never really warmed to the political machinations of his adopted realm. Things in the kingdom of his birth had always been so much more egalitarian. Even the political maneuvers of the Golden Hall seemed quaint compared to what Fionnigan had witnessed in this chamber over the years.

The king was the ultimate decision maker when it came to raising armies, fighting wars, maintaining the peace, and creating public works. However the revenue and the politics associated with that were the responsibility of the emerald senate, a twin chambered political body made up of the senate of lords and the general assembly. The saying goes the king bleeds the enemy and the senate bleeds the people. Today was a day for verbal jousting over some such lord or other who may or may not be the cherished, righteous, nobleman he was supposed to be, and whether he should be stripped of his titles and lands. The debates and verbal battles taking place within the chamber were getting so heated Fionnigan wondered if he might have been better off bringing Storm Shadow with him.

Fionnigan had now been privy to the workings of this chamber of nobles and men of letters, and the royal court for a little over a decade of his life. He was well versed in the workings of the chamber and how and when to flex that particular muscle. Now was not the time. It was not the turmoil of today that concerned Fionnigan. This was just the old and bitter arguments of men who have lived too long on opposite sides of major issues. They would be forgotten in a week when some new dispute arose from a long buried shallow grave. No what made this a bad time was a lack of motivation. Since the pirate king had come to power there had been a relative peace settle over the realm. Aside from a few minor incidents there had been no major crisis for the realm to rally against.

Fionnigan wanted to expand the Shadow Watch, and as of right now there was no reason to do so. The realm had nothing to fight against, and Fionnigan realized he needed that to change. As he rose from his seat in the back of the chamber he continued to ponder this problem, and ducked into a crowd of nobles shaking their heads and loudly voicing their opposition the last thing that had been said.

Mortem proditoribus.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:49 am 

In the span of a few breaths, the Sorcerer and his companion had made their way along the main path through the heart of the woods that surround the Point of Kings. Nether took a second glance at the two beings a mere stone’s throw away as Finn continued his heated oratory. Sitting together in a natural fortress, formed from the thorny vines themselves, the Cat and Satyr remained still until at last the path was clear…

“Perhaps you should get back to where you were going, My Lady…” Delphos paused, before finishing the thought. “You will be missed and someone will certainly come looking for you.”

“Oh dear…” exclaimed the Satyr, “you’re right, they’re most likely waiting for me now.”

“Then you should go.” Said the Cat.

The Satyr rose from her haunches and inched her way through the thorny vines that encircled them both. Having to stop periodically to untangle her lacy skirt, as if the vines themselves did not whish her to leave, ruthlessly tearing and clawing at her garments. Finally, Delphos had to assist her in gaining her freedom and still the Bitch snatched a piece of the Satyr’s skirt as a price for letting her go…

“Until we meet again, My Lady…” said the Cat, and he disappeared down one of the trails that lead into the woods surrounding the Point of Kings. Off to find another, for he had much to do…

To find the road between the worlds, and locate Pan itself, would be no easy task. It would take a mighty feat of magic indeed…

Delphos thought of all the Wizards, Warlocks, Witches and Sorcerers that had long ago faded from the realm of Amtgardia… there were so few left. So few with the knowledge he sought. But there was One… one who had traveled between the worlds from one realm to another. Someone who understood the mechanics as well as the magic.

Fates and chance go hand in hand…
Finn Hellblazer had just passed this way and the Cat was on his trail…

Post Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:46 pm 

Doomsday…

Scouting came easily to the Cat.
Much like hunting… without the mess.

Following the trail left behind by the Sorcerer and his companion, Delphos found himself circling back around the Point of Kings to the far side of the practice fields where he had spoken to the Satyr.

As he crept his way closer to the edge of the woods and looked out into the open field, he saw two groups. One had gathered together at the far end of the field, and the other was headed toward the tree-line, some had already entered the forest. It was then that he noticed the white belt on one of the fighters leading the group headed for the trees… A Knight! Then he saw another, further into the woods… then another and his squire, all heading deeper into the forest.

He had lost the trail but he knew that Finn was neither a knight nor a squire…
He may be gathering with the others on the far side. Thoughts of the Sorcerer could wait… For now, the Cat would watch and wait for whatever was happening to unfold.

More knights and squires assembled under the green canopy, some shouted orders between each other but even his Cat-ears could not make out the words. The other group had begun to form into ranks as if they were about to pursue the knights into the forest.

It was then that Delphos heard the call…
He didn’t quite believe his own ears. He stood perfectly still…
The beating of his heart stopped, he held his breath tight within his lungs.
Then it came again… the call… the chant… the words…

“Doomsday Two!”

Still in disbelief, he waited another moment…

“Doomsday Three!”

Post Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:45 am 

Fionnigan sat with his legs crossed in lotus position his hands resting open palms facing up on his thighs. He was in the middle of meditating a practice he had learned in the far east in Nippon. It was one of the first things he ever learned when he was traveling the world studying the many ways of magic. His teacher or as the Nipponese say sensei trained him to use the practice of meditation to clear his mind, and to aid in the studying of his spells.

He did it now to clear his mind, and help him in his current problems. The crown was making an unexpected journey to the King's Point. He was unsure of what the king's purpose was in coming, but he knew he needed to be ready for any possibility. He determined he needed to meditate in order to clear his head and make it easier to consider these problems. Yet his thoughts continued to stray to nostalgic memories of his time in Nippon.

The realm of Nippon was a very ancient and mystic land in Engoku with a very rigid social structure. The magic style was one with more somatic elements than the magic Fionnigan had learned in his time spent at the high tower of sorcery. As a result it was well known that unlike most sorcerers in Amtgardia the spell casters in Nippon were warrior casters who used their magic to enhance their own fighting. Fionnigan learned everything he ever knew about fighting during his time spent in that far off land.

He thought back to his sensei now, and to his first day at the dojo. As he slipped deeper and deeper into the meditation the memory surrounded him, and he was transported astrally back to that day.

Sensei Hattori Hiro walked amongst his students as they stood tall and stared straight ahead. Daily inspection was a regular part of the curriculum at the dojo, and Fionnigan was to experience his first today. Sensei Hiro came to stand directly in front of Fionnigan. The man was significantly shorter than Fionnigan and was to all appearances the oldest individual Fionnigan had ever seen. His hair was long and stark white, and he had a long white beard and mustache that he was quite fond of stroking while he addressed those he was speaking to.

“Ah you must be the gaijin who has come to study the kami-do. Well I think you will find that what you will learn here is quite different from what you have studied so far. The way of spirits is not something that you learn in a book or a scroll. You must unlearn what you have learned, and open your soul to the kami. Only then will you be able to master kami-do. What weapon do you fight with gaijin?” the old man asked in his native Nipponese his voice barely above a whisper.

“I don't fight with a weapon, sensei. I wield magic, and have been trained to do so my whole life. I came to Nippon to further my knowledge of magic, sensei. Not to learn to fight.” replied Fionnigan in the common speech.

“But you are wrong. You have come to fight. Why else do you learn the ways of the spirit in your homeland? You use this knowledge in service to your daimyo, and in doing so you fight. Now I will ask again, gaijin, what weapon do you fight with.” the old man asked.

“Well my father taught me some stuff with a long sword. I suppose I would be most proficient with one of those.” Fionnigan told the old man.

“Well than you will learn the katana and the wakasaschi. We will make you a fighter yet, Gaijin.” replied the old man as he walked over to the next student.

Mortem proditoribus.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:38 am 

“Doomsday Four!”

Again the chant sounded across the field…

As the Cat toped a small hill just inside the tree-line, marking the edge of the woods surrounding the Point of Kings, he could see the Wizard casting the dreaded spell of Doom. Delphos heard his own voice yell out, not even considering that he might be giving away his own hiding place among the trees…

“Somebody Kill that MAGE…!!!”

“Doomsday Five!” The Wizard continued.

It was then that the larger force of knights and squires that had been gathering in the woodlands, burst from the tree-line and came rushing across the field toward the Wizard and those who stood in his defense…

The ring of metal on metal, the crash of sword on shield and the sound of the dying quickly replaced the magical chant. The battles were swift and decisive. Though able to regroup three times, the Wizard and his defenders never stood a chance against the martial might of the knights and their squires. Whatever revolt he thought to launch, was crushed as quickly as it had begun.

The Cat had no time to ponder the motives of such things, for he still had pressing business with another Sorcerer entirely…
As he looked across the battlefield, across the bodies of the dead and dying, across the destruction that comes with armed conflict… Delphos saw no sign of Finn Hellblazer.
Had he died in the encounter? Had he fled for safety? Had he escaped entirely?

The trail had gone cold.

The target had been lost.

The Cat would have to start the hunt again…

Post Posted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:07 pm 

Forest wasn't sure what to make of it. The Guildmaster of Wizards locked away by Royal decree, but the Royal Seal itself was reported missing. Did that mean that Finn was actually acting on his own and did not have the support of the Crown, or was Docsi up to something.

Forest would have to contact his network of spies to gather more information. But what to do? How many pawns were in this madness, and who was moving the pieces. Time would tell, but for now, he wanted a few answers.

"To his Majesty King Docsi, Dwarven Lord of the Emeral Hills:

I write to you seeking answers..."

Puppet Master of the EH

"Of course you are Forest. You're like the Mr. Burns of EH." - Finn

(insert titles and awards here)

Post Posted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:47 pm 

Damn these clothes! Stupid, flimsy materials that are cumbersome and pointless. They catch on everything, slowing my pace to that of a snail. Why hide behind them when there is a wealth of places to hide that certainly offer much more protection? As I watch the cat stealth after a mouse, a very large mouse, indeed, I feel HIS Cheshire grin forming on my face. I think this is going to be the beginning of a beautiful friendship....

Attempting to speed up, I just let the dress rip on branches. The impatience of the Fey overpowers my concerns for frivolous appearances. Fae, though nearly as free spirited and mischievous as we Satyrs, are be a bit rigid in their expectations. They have no tolerance for tardiness and generally frown upon the Satyrs promiscuity. For two creatures who share so many a trait, we certainly are different.

Approaching the city, I alternate between the excitement of my recent encounter and dread for having to enter this over populate human dwelling, thus facing the verbal wrath of my Elvin contact.

With each step, my tension builds. People stop, huddled, whispering behind pasty hands, constantly glancing over their shoulders to see if I am looking in their general direction or if they’ve actually been caught. Eyes trained upon the tavern, I don’t need to look at them to hear what they are saying. Not only am I used to this kind of reaction, I don’t need to turn my head to hear them speaking. My hearing is far too superior for that, not that I truly care.

On a normal day, I might approach and try to win them over, but not today. Today, I feel old, wild instincts and temptations stirring closer to the surface than they had in the year trapped on this realm. I know what kind of trouble I can get myself into in a town like this.

The tavern gets closer. Windows of homes and store fronts slam sharply. Women gather their children with eyes glowing of curiosity, only to force them inside, doors slamming behind their high-pitched objections. In a matter of moments, the streets clear out and this once bustling market suddenly looks like it hasn’t been occupied in years. Maybe I shouldn’t have bared my teeth….

Behind me, I hear the unmistakable shouts of soldiers. This distinction is easy, for all solders engaged in combat sound alike. There is the clang of metal as they strike armored surfaces, war cries embedded into them at an early age, the sound of metal boots as they trample the earth without even a thought of what is underfoot… And, of course, the sound of people injured and dying. Explosions that only could be magical accentuate this forest obscured combat. I worry for my new friend for a moment before remembering that he is fully capable of taking care of himself. I need not doubt the skills of this bold feline who hides, unseen, deep within the woods.

With my attention focused upon this unfolding violence, it takes me longer to feel an approaching presence behind me. I tumble out of the way just as a sword slashes at where I was, just mere seconds ago. At this point, I am totally unaware of anything but this weapon, itself. Even the wielder is of no concern to me. Before the figure has begun to regain his balance, I duck into a full charge, fearlessly heading towards this mundane weapon. I see each move before it happens, both good and bad. He will right himself, point his sword directly at me. I will, then impale myself upon his useless piece of metal, forged by fine blacksmiths over steaming, sultry forges.

Numbly, I act this out, like an actor in a play. We satyrs do enjoy giving a performance, even when there is no audience to witness our prowess. I reach the tip with my burdensome dress, taking a moment to rejoice its destruction, before feeling the tip explode through my back. I grab the handle from my unobserved attacker and wrench it from his hands. Pulling out the bloodless sword, I toss it aside, not even paying attention to where or in whom it lands. In that instance, I tackle the attacker I just disarmed, teeth snarling and snapping towards his neck. In a flash, I am now the one on bottom. How quick this creature moves once engaged! Pulling my legs up, in between us, I shove him backwards, my hooves connecting with the softer tissue of his stomach.

The next few minutes are a blur of motion as we deliver strikes against each other in hopes of beating our opponent into submission. I will admit he is a better fighter than I. Though it seems to take hours, I realize this is an exaggeration. Once he has me pinned, it is then that I actually see his face and realize who this is.

With a light chuckle, I say in a breathless voice, “Elf, is this your way of paying me back for making you wait?”

Shrugging off my initial question ambivalently, he tilts his pale, angular face to the side, a curious gesture from such a serious man. “You smell odd. A strange musk covers you. I cannot pin point how I recognize this scent, but it reminds me of something from deep within my past, something much more wrathful than you or I. He smells wild. It is as though he is neither human nor a beast, but something very much in the middle.”

I issue a choppy laugh and wheeze, “Either do something or release me and I can tell you all about it.”

As though just realizing he was wrapped around me like a snake, his slender fingers gripping my neck, he blushes, looking quite embarrassed. Speaking while uncoiling with a speed that makes me seem like a hill troll, stomping through marshlands, he says, “You are lucky I brought my practice sword.”

Sitting up, lungs ablaze, I cough loudly, no witty responses coming to mind.

After a short coughing, fit, I stand. Slowly, I lead us to the place we had initially intended to meet, a shed behind the tavern whose very appearance screams of neglect. Inside, there is nothing but dirt and warping wood. There are holes in the ceiling and cracks in the frame. It is a miracle it was even standing, much less able to survive as long as it has. There, I tell him everything I have seen, leaving out the identities of those to whom would prefer it that way. He listens until I am done.

His only response is by way of a curt nod. Though his response could indicate he had been ignoring me, I know he committed every detail to memory, as if he had managed to copy my voice, somehow. I have seen this done before and it is rather unsettling.

After a moment of comfortable silence, I am ready to move onto the reason for this meeting. “I was told that you had information about this seal? Do tell.”

“Nothing is for free, my naive friend.” His expression is no longer even slightly playful and his tone holding an edge of threat.

“What is it that you wish me to exchange for this information?” I ask, a chill coming over me. I had a feeling I knew what he wanted and that it was something I would not enjoy.

“I need you to kill someone for me and only then I will give you the key to this mystery. It will contain everything you now and will need to know. It is not only the way to find this Seal, as you call it, but the way to save your life from a danger that surrounds you like an aura of death”

Understanding this was not up for negotiation, I nod a long nod, eyes never leaving him once.

He begins to tell me my mission and I listen intently. After that, he hands me a piece of parchment, giving the specifics of the target’s location and usual whereabouts.

Once satisfied that I understand what is expected of me, he leaves. Both the elf and the shed disappear without a trace. Standing exposed where there was once a structure, I wonder dispassionately if the king would approve of my techniques, already knowing the answer. I am just the means to an end. In this one case, my unscrupulous nature will be ignored.

Heart cold, braced for the hunt, into the woods I go, sheding garments methodically.

Now begins my murderous journey.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:27 pm 

The plans had been made. All that was needed now, was to decide what action, if any, to take prior to ther upcoming gathering.

Forest sat in his study and looked over the tome. The powers of it had been negated when the void had been closed, but it still containd information about the rituals of both the creation of, and the destruction of, powerful magiks. Reading it had made him more aware of the forces at work around him.

The question, was what other books, what other rituals were out there that had not been found yet. And what secrets did they contain. What ritual had Finn used on Shamus? It was obvious that Shamus was gone, but to where?

As he continued reading, Forest felt a small shift in the magiks around him. Something connected to the void....something he hadn't felt before. Perhaps he indecision on what action to take had been answered for him. Grabbing his bag and his sword, he stepped out of his study, locked his door, and with a chant, vanished.

Puppet Master of the EH

"Of course you are Forest. You're like the Mr. Burns of EH." - Finn

(insert titles and awards here)

Post Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:31 pm 

As Docsi crumpled up the letter received by royal post from Sir Forest, he swore, " Damn it all!! Where be that bloody seal and why is it takin so damn long for me to get any answers around here?" He paced back and forth in front of the throne.

"Page!!" he roared.

The startled young man ran into the room, "yes father?" Gizmo asked.

"Go get yer momma. This be pissin me off and I want answers" Docsi declared.

The young man ran from the throne room in search of Lady Dair Silverbow.

Squire to Sir Logan T. Black
Clan Chieftain of the Turtle Clan
Ship's Surgeon, HMS "Turtle's Revenge"
Gaslight Sky Pirate

"Dwarves and mountains have one thing in common: It takes an almighty hammer and a tremendous amount of persistence to overcome them."

Post Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:37 pm 

Meanwhile in Thistle Vale...

The Dreadmoor Duchal Flagship made anchor upon one of the floating islands above Thistle Vale. The brigade on deck had their orders and made their way crossing the bridges towards the location in which the HMS Turtle's Revenge had been spotted. Lead by Grand Duke Alby K'zan and the newly escaped Lord Shamus the Green, the brigade marched towards the capture of the royal ship to take the helm and the crew, if able to. The orders entailed by any means necessary which is always oh-so-clear. In no time, the battle waged on as the two forces would collide.

In the Captain’s chambers, Duke Malran Singollo sat across the table from the King, Docsi Hardanvil, with an agitated look upon his face. Regret shadowed the facial features of the Duke as he watched the Champion pace back in forth, dressed in armor and regalia of Colonel of the Duchal Brigade. Connor’s eyes remained on the form of Docsi with an ever present grin residing on his visage. A sharp rap at the door came and Connor made his way to open it. A courier delivered the message that the first island had been secured and the forces were pressing on. With this information, he turned and looked to Docsi, “Are you sure you don’t want to deliver a message to your crew to surrender?”

The King’s faith was not shaken in the least of his rescuers. He had a damn fine crew ready to meet the traitor’s army. Docsi simply shook his head and relaxed back in his chair. “You’ll find yerself hard pressed the next time something knocks on that door, knife ear. It’ll be me crew coming to collect yer head and rescue my arse.” Connor regarded Docsi with slight disbelief and then glanced over towards Malran. “Duke Singollo, if you would, see to provision lines are secured and be the moral support that the brigade needs.” Malran knew this was just a ploy to get him to leave the room and delayed his time by glancing back and forth between the two other men in the room. “For the cause I suppose…” Malran pushed himself to his feet and made his exit, “Do not make me regret this Sleight or it’ll be your head in a basket…” As the Duke exited, Connor shut the door behind him. A twist of the bolt and the door was locked.

On the islands, Lord Shamus ushered the men and women of Dreadmoor forward towards the second island and quickly secured it with no resistance. Grand Duke Alby had stayed behind to secure the first and began siphoning more soldiers towards the front lines. It wasn’t until they had reached the third island that spotted the pirates. Their decision to fortify had come as a surprise, but that was their weakness. Lack of tactics. “Get up here and secure the entrance! We’ll push them back until we can attrition to the Revenge!” As the forces came together, the clash of steel rang out and stains of crimson signaled the beginning of war waged. Soldiers and pirates fell from the rickety bridge, making room for the victors to press on. The battle was stalling as the lines from each side choked on the narrow crossing.

Alby had pressed forward onto the bridge after hearing about the amount of wounded they were taking on. He called for a switch in lines to refresh the front with able bodied troops so that the wounded may be cared for. Malran had moved to the second island, making sure what help was needed was given. Arrows and poultices had been brought with him and following after were the long guns. If they could just get close enough, they could damage the Revenge to keep it from escaping. With the second island held and the third being fought for, Malran set a messenger back to Connor with the pressing news.

Once informed, Connor looked towards Docsi. The knife ear’s grin ever present. “Looks to me that your crew is about to be taken…” Connor stepped towards the table and pressed three figurines of cannons forward that had been placed upon the map. The small figurines symbolized a doomsday for the Revenge and her crew. The nonchalant look upon the dwarf’s face changed instantly to an infuriated killer ready to tear his victim limb from limb.

“They’ve regrouped and are pressing forward!” shouted Lord Jasum of Midnight Rain. “Let them amass and then take out that bridge!” Wizards pressed forward and armored men with glaives went to work and as the forces of the Revenge pressed forward, the bridge gave way and sent them to their deaths. The long guns came up and fired in unison, each of them with harpoons the size of war poles wielded by giants. Attached to them were planks and rope, tethered together to form a haphazard bridge. With the third island secured, the Brigade pressed forward and swarmed the island the Revenge was anchored to.

Being captured long enough, or so he thought, Docsi leapt up, throwing the table out of the way. The enraged dwarf charged forward and bull rushed Connor straight through the Captain’s door and onto the deck. With a deep breath, he let out a beastial cry in an underdark language foreign to almost everyone. But not for Lady Dair who was at the helm of the Turtle’s Revenge. As the sound roared over the battle, she gave the commands to cut the anchor and sail off leaving only two. A young mage and her daughter. Any means necessary is always oh-so-clear. Docsi wasn’t going to escape, but the Revenge would not be captured.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:52 pm 

Later that night, a dwarven head would roll. The blood that fell out of the exposed neck though, wasn't dwarven at all. Connor dipped a finger into the black vitae and gave it a sniff. Anger rose up in his face. A doppelganger. He turned his eyes to the horizon, looking towards Emerald Hills Proper.

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Role playing