Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Role playing

Post Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:46 pm 

The Grand Inquisitor sat among the long table of fellow nobility as the revelry was in full swing.

Servants clad in dark scurried in an synchronized ballet of voluntary service to the kingdom.

The table was weighed down by platters of Caterpillar and Dormouse Enchiladas, Hind Leg's of Jabberwocky, Mock Turtle Beans and a plethora of other mouth watering delicacies, all engineered by the ever capable Sable Pride.

Surrounded by the very guild whose reputation was for the redefined art of death, Sutra sat comfortably among the guard cards, wicked shadows dancing across their concealed faces.

Leaning back in the comfortable chair, the dark monarch scanned the serene populace. Tables full of good food, sweet wine, and warm bonds filled the great hall.

Laughter and merriment shook the walls and Sutra's heart.

A smile crept over his tired lips, though he realized this peace was fleeting. This Alice menace had indeed proven to be a terrible thorn in his side. Soon, she would reach their kingdom walls and wage a war he had never agreed to.

Leaning over for his goblet of pressed herbal tea, he caught a glimpse of a familiar face among the nobles invited to his table. Duke Clio, a title she had recently received from the southern monarch of the Celestial Kingdom, Regina Linden.

Sutra smiled to the familiar face and raised his goblet in a warm gesture of friendship.

A smile curled her sanguine lips.

The moment was shattered by the momentum of pressing bodies against the table, the sound of clattering silver and candelabras broke his pensive gaze at the old friend.

The visage of a young man flashed before the king's eye's. Furious anger glossed over the boy's eye's. The sword he wielded made a deafening clang as it hit the floor, the subdued man falling beside it.

Sutra stood with the help of the guard captain and peered over the unconscious youth.

"Why?"

He peered into the ocean of shocked faces.

"What has the Court of Heart's done to deserve such dissension? Have we not provided for the well being of all who call the Emerald Hills home? Have we not been gracious servants to the people?"

The multitude nodded eagerly, in agreement with the rights of justice the court was well known for.

"Should we pardon him or should he suffer the full weight of justice?"

The crowd pleaded for the boy to have a chance to explain himself. Sutra agreed.

The boy stirred awake, disoriented for a moment. Held tightly by dark shadows, Sutra approached and questioned the youth.

"Explain your deed, offer me a reason to spare your life..."

The rage washed over the boys face, a scowl gave way to a grunted growl.

"She is coming, and your court of heart's will be broken. Alice brings the only truth! You will all die!"

Standing erect, Sutra wrings his hands, knowing fully well of the half truth's the boy professes.

Turning his back on the writhing aggressor, Sutra faces the crowd and asks.

"So then my beloved? What will you have me do?"

The resounding response was deafening.

"OFF WITH HIS HEAD!"

Without hesitation, the guards drug the deranged culprit to the stocks, quickly covering his head and placing him in the blood stained contraption.

Raising his hand, Sutra gave the signal. The strike was swift and accurate. The thud was unmistakable. Justice had been served.

"Thank you all, for without you, we would be lawless, thrown into a cesspool of impious anarchy. Without you, the Emerald Hills would be ravaged and pillaged by enemies unseen."

The crown applauded with fervor.

Looking at the faces of the faithful, Sutra spoke from his core.

"May the guiding light of the Phoenix never be extinguished!"

The cries of "Vivat Emerlad Hills" broke the silence of the gods that night.

----------------

The night continued with a renewed passion. Dancing and music served as entertainment, pleasing the crowned man greatly.

Sharing good advice and story with his Regent and Prime Minister, Sutra sat satisfied watching as the kingdom sat together in harmony, be it for one night, this night.

The sting shook him to his spirit. The bite of a serpent perhaps? No, the bite of something nastier, something more sinister. The cold metal bit into his left should blade five times before she made her unnoticed exit.

The world began to spin as the strong hot blood trickled from his back.

Clio. Duke Clio had held the dagger the whole night, waiting and watching for the perfect moment to strike.

The world faded to black.

------------------

"Sutra...come back to us your majesty."

The echoing voices rung distinctly. It was Baronet Draeven, the court healer, calling to Sutra.

A long painful sigh escaped Sutra's luke warm lips. Still sitting in the throne, he had only passed off for a few moments before being resurrected.

"Where is she?" the re awoken monarch painfully posed.

"The Guard is on it your majesty."

Images flashed before his eyes, his methods and reasons became clear.

He had been given all the reason in the world that would properly lay the foundation to a new war.

He would chase her back to her golden spider's web. Back to where her heart had been reseated. Back to the Celestial Kingdom.

It was not the zombie king who had spurred him into action, it was a sister of the crown.

The spy had been sent, her message of pain received, and soon, they would have his answer.

He would raze her web to the ground.

Soon.

S

The general who advances without seeking fame and retreats without fearing disgrace, whose only thought is to protect his country and do service for his sovereign, is the jewel of his kingdom. -Sun Wu

Post Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:34 am 

"Tobias. Cease your journey. All is well, yet others seek you."

"What? Who? Fuck! can ya atleast give me soem warning before you jump into me head like that?!" he yelled into nothing as he picked himself; having tripped at the sudden breech of his conciousness.

"They think you their Avatar, their savior."

"Who?!?!" tobias yelled, immediately feeling embarassed that he was yelling at something in his head.

"Your other half, the bugbears know of you. you are famous with them."

"But i've never met any of their kind. only the goblin kind they and i both hate."

"They have heard of your slayings of goblins and humans alike. They deem your rampage a sign of the fury inside you, that you can lead them to victory over the humans." the ghostly voices whispered to him.

"But the humans are many, and so complex. how could i even think of destroying the regime that plagues this plane? And beside that i've been reduced to this horrid grey elf form. I hate this... if i could meat who done it to me i would surely kill him!" Tobias continued to yell into the woods.

"Aye, he has already me this end. but as to your current plight, all is well, you will know yourself again soon. Now go, seek your kindred. They will help you. Go back twards Finder's Keep, you will meet them on the way."

Tobias shrugged, gathered his gear and set out back on the road to home, expecting all sorts of pain and frustration interacting with a people who's tongue he did not know.

The road was long and hard, but he soon caught the smell of campfired and heard the bustling of community life, yet he knew he was far from home. "This must be them" he thought. At that he sat on the road and waited for his answer.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:10 pm 

The dream continued...

the confused youth had been tainted.

he could make out a gray cloud of untrue form, running and running and not finding his own end.

pity began to form in his heart for the misguided youth.

that's when he saw it, something coiled long and hard around the crown of his skull.

it's tongued flicked tasting death at every turn. it spoke and drove the young one to a drawn out demise.

Sutra wanted to reach out and warn him of his choosen path. Too late. He had been turned and would find his own fate.

Sutra shifted in his rest, troubled by his dreams again.

The young man did not come to the mid mark celebration, and in a way Sutra knew it was only a matter of time the would cross again.

Sooner than he had hoped for.

S

The general who advances without seeking fame and retreats without fearing disgrace, whose only thought is to protect his country and do service for his sovereign, is the jewel of his kingdom. -Sun Wu

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Role playing