Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Role playing

Post subject: Resounding disillusions
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:36 am 

Wet ground.
A slick, scarcely comfortable terrain lay out before the un-amused eyes of Thaine.
With a sharp two fingered gesture over his shoulder, he motioned for his traveling troupe to go on ahead of him, looking over their faces as they passed.
The first to pass him was Zara’tul. This gruff odorous warrior was clad up and down with furs and leathers, skins and hides – and proudly wore three stripes of hair along the top of his head. Where Thaine was from, such a man would be labeled a barbarian – a tribesman from the absolute fringes of civilization, where the peak of their technological achievement was the genius discovery of killing a man, and taking his better crafted gear and weapons. Such methodology had distinct advantages. However – one doesn’t simply call a man a barbarian – a word associated as an insult to those less advanced, one calls such a man a warrior or a hunter out of respect – respect, or a desire to keep one’s jugular vein in tact.
Next up was the mystifyingly beautiful E’yala. She passed with a quiet tugging smirk on the edge of those feminine lips, her eyes at a glance to Thaine’s. Thaine figured she fancied him a bit – and indeed, with all honesty due in a disembodied narrator voice, the feeling was very much returned. She slinked by, those brown locks of hair, and enchanting set of eyes teasing him as she did.
Taking up the lead was a bizarre bald man, shaved from head to toe, brandishing a long spear. Thaine had heard of them eastern monks – not the sort to sit around and copy holy text from one book to another, but rather put a fist or staff end somewhere you don’t want it going. Unsettling.
Thaine himself had a matted head of long hair, and a gruff relaxed air to him, a tankard hanging proudly from one hip, and a blade on the other.

Thaine heard rumor of war hereabouts, in these woods. War meant fighting, fighting meant someone needed to do the fighting, and that means money for those who don’t care enough to take an honest side.

We’ll be settin’ up th’camp herabouts, aye?” Thaine made a long gesture, roughly indicating the clearing they had just walked into, and no sooner did Thaine say it than Zara’tul made a quick nod and grabbed up the gear from his back and began to prepare the site.

Heaving an over exaggerated sigh, Thaine began to unload his own equipment, under the moistened mist of the damp forest air, “Oi’m guessin’ y’gree then?” he said silently and a bit sarcastically.

Sounds. Noises. Battle was at their doorstep. Two forces had collided on the roadway next to their campsite. In a flurry, Thaine drew up a blade and dashed forward, keeping low to the ground.

Wot in th’nione ‘ells …

What was going on? Grumbling in the stead of battle cries. Gibberish in the stead of tactics. Discomfort replacing the tension of a heated battle. Was this a battle, a skirmish, a scuffle? Or was it the council meeting of the local parliament. It was difficult to differentiate.
Unconsciously, Thaine’s blade slowly lowered, sensing a severe lack of aggression from either side of the conflict – two sides that seemed to be standing, waiting for the other to do something.
Was this what happened when you handed a sword to a scholar, or a pampered nobleboy? Even a farmer could brandish a pitchfork and charge passionately for the sake of his homestead, family, or country.
When the sides finally did meet, there was a chanting in the air – people repeating phrases desperately in some foreign tongue. With a confused look to his movements, and a sour look on his face, he moved away from the battle, and plopped down in front of his freshly raised tent.

Bloo’y. Oi’ were hopin’ t’gut me some pom-pus sold-yer toipes.”

Oi’ guess oi’ll jus’ troi’n stay ‘wake fer now.”

Post Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:26 am 

Every step the young E'yala took jingled with the coin belt she wore about her waist. Silver adorned her fingers, the rings mostly broken and old, trinkets she'd found in travels. From her position in the opening of their tent she could see Thaine, he was laughing with the other two traveling companions. Zara'tul was a barbaric individual with little to no idea that a fork was used to eat with, he spoke broken common and seemed to refuse to learn it. Thankfully the newest companion was more civilized.

As she was wont to do, E'yala left the campsite while the old traveling companions re-aquainted themselves. While she loved to hear the stories of their past adventures, a greater call tugged at her. In a clearing, she finally found what she wanted. The clouds had parted just enough to allow the full moon to shine in all its glory. Her arms arced upward to greet the hazy blue lighting, and without care if anyone was there or not, she danced out of pure joy.

The movements came back to her, a fog lifted beneath the beautiful light. It'd been so long since she'd danced, how could she ever have forgotten this? Graceful step after step she grew more confident, in the distance she could hear drums and her movements grew bolder. It felt as though the moonlight filled her with energies otherwise untapped and she reveled in the feeling.

While she would have enjoed dancing longer, voices in the distance jerked her back to reality and she stopped mid-dance to return to a more reserved posture. As quietly as one can in a belt made of light metallic coins she made her way back to the camp to banter with her lover and his companions.

The days spent among the fights went quickly for E'yala and she hoped to be back soon enough, though she would continue to travel wherever Thaine went. Ever was she to be the pup that followed him round. Her earth colored eyes poured over her broken rings before giving a quick glance to Thaine, maybe one day he'd place a better ring on her finger, but she wouldn't hold her breath.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:34 am 

Ahh the woods so familiar. The wet sopping ground the smell of moss such smells would turn the stomach of the privileged. None more than the smell of a real man and or warrior. As others hold there nose in disgust I Zaratul Xo'k bask in such odors. The campsite near the fray. The seldom crimson stains of the path. The glorious smell of battle in the air. A warriors dream to sleep where so many have fell and breathed the air as their lungs yielded to deaths calling. As we settled i turned to Thaine."Uummies latu nub urth attul. Latu mat lao snaga".
Thaine baffled by the tongue so proudly spoken by my clan. Studying the recently uttered words put them to gether and finally understood. He gave a stern nod understanding that those fields were our destination.Then theres Eyala the most foul smelling womyn I had ever catched a wiff of. Thinking to my self "Why would such a fair lady make herself smell so putrid".Further more her customs of stabbing food with a small pitch fork when its clearly dead is more baffling. In the best common i could muster I asked."Why you smell terrible and why you kill food more?"
she said in the most terrible and most common form of common."It is called manners you barbarian and further more i smell beautiful."in the mos offended tone i had heard from her lips.I placed my hand upon my sword and prepared to ease the burden of holding her tounge.Thaine stepped between us and said."Ye best not be say'in such things at im.Es a hunter and a warrior in 'is eyes your the barbarian. Eyala having a confused look stormed it to the recently set tent.Thanie turned around and a stern look and tone came across him."Look keep yer sword boiy yer side and not by 'er corpse".I let out an disgrutled grunt and tended to the fire.By the fire sat a odd man thin lanky completely bald.The only posesion were a spear and the flooey clothes of a pregnant womyn that were an odd color.Orange.?But i see the spirit of a warrior in him.

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Role playing