Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills Parks » Park Forums » Midnight Sun

Post Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:49 am 

In these Winter months, with the days growing shorter and the nights longer. I was curious if there was anyone interested in having Fighter Practice and Magic Users practice, headed up by Dochtav from Midnite Sun. To start a little bit earlier on Tuesdays?

Say around 3:30 or 4. The kids in school at our park get out around 2, so starting around 3:30, 4 would give them a chance to get a little practice in before having to head home before dark.

And as for the adults, I don't mind sticking around until around 8 or so, so that any of you getting off of work can have a chance to show up and play.

I'm not sure if Magic User practice has been done before in this Kingdom but I know that from what little Lord Dochtav has told me about it, when he use to hold it in the Rising Winds it can be just as great as swinging a sword. He's been working on some lesson plans on various magic users techniques. And has assured me that from the 1st level druid to the 6th level Wizard anyone can learn something new. And I will have more information about it in the near future.

"One People, One Planet"
haven-int.org
spirit-chronicles.org

Post Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:57 am 

I like the fact you are trying to help out the young guys but only one thing you forget 95% of the young guys that come out to MS don't have a car so i would suggest setting it closer to the 430 500 range to give them time to get there for those who can and make it vocal at park let me know when you want to start and i will make an announcement next sat.

~Exile

Post Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:04 am 

Exile,

Flint drives Bane and Fate out there. So those 3 are covered. And I don't have a problem with stragglers. People can get there when they get there. I know you also don't get off of work till 6 so you won't be able to be there until 6:30, 7 at the earliest. I'm sure that will be about the same for any of the adults working.

Unfortunatly, for the younger guys if we don't start as early as 4 by 6 it's already getting dark and they have to be going. This is just a suggestion for Winter Hours, we can move the time back to it's original when it's lighter out longer.

Fenris

"One People, One Planet"
haven-int.org
spirit-chronicles.org

Post Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:21 pm 

You might want to think about holding it on Thursday .. since there are already a few practices going on Tuesdays.

I would love to head to a Thursday practice, but I work until 7 @ night .. c'est la vie.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:22 pm 

Well un Suggestion hold it at the A frame it is lit and keeps those who worry about getting dirty out of the mud hey just a thought

~Exile

Post Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:04 pm 

I can do the Fighter Practice/Magic User Practice on any day BUT Mon and Wednesday. Brigade has suggested Thursday and I can coordinate with Dochtav to see when he can do it since he works Third Shift.

And I still think we should start early so that some of the kids will be able to play before Dark. People can stagger in as they get off work/school.

Having it at the A-Frame is a good idea if it's lit at night, I've never seen it at night.

Fenris

"One People, One Planet"
haven-int.org
spirit-chronicles.org

Post Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:55 am 

Yeah the a frame can be li up at night but the other option is do what i heard eagle shire does and hold fighter practice like and hour before normal park starts say start it at 12:30 on sat i mean if it is a schedule problem you could hole more than one a week you can only pick up .25 credit for going to one of them but it would hit a wider spectrum of schedules if more than one could be held and we could also talk to the people at the park and find out what would work best to get the optimum ammount of people to come out

Post Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:27 pm 

Champion Exile,

I think this will be the best option, Tuesday nights a great and all, but this ensures that any early birds get the beneficial 'whatever'.

Good call and I expect to see it work real soon!
See you crazy kids even sooner!

S

The general who advances without seeking fame and retreats without fearing disgrace, whose only thought is to protect his country and do service for his sovereign, is the jewel of his kingdom. -Sun Wu

Post Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:03 pm 

Very well Duke Sutra i will get the word out and be there about one on saturday when can we expect you back at park with us

~Exile

Post Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:21 am 

Exile";p="6302 wrote:
i mean if it is a schedule problem you could hole more than one a week you can only pick up .25 credit for going to one of them

Not trying to squash your idea or anything... Good idea and this type of thing has been attempted in the past (I know I've specifically held held magic looser practice myself), and is usually a lot of fun and helps quite a bit. You just need to make sure that it's understood, they only get a .25 WARRIOR credit for participating in a practice.

Anyways, great idea and I really hope it works out for y'all

"Until we stop viewing making a knight into a non-knight a fate worse than death we'll never be able to clean up knighthood." - Glen

Board index » Emerald Hills Parks » Park Forums » Midnight Sun