Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills Parks » Park Forums » Midnight Sun

Post subject: Barbarian playtesting
 Post Posted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:50 pm 

I would like to begin playtesting the suggested barbarian changes, here is the RW Proposal, which I think shows the most promise.

EDIT: Matthulhu made some adjustments to the RW proposal to fix the frontloading issue, so here is what I am going to call the EH proposal:

Garb: Blues and browns, furs and leather. Must wear a plaid, fur, or leather sash that cannot reasonably be mistaken for the sash of any other class.
Armor: 2 points
Shields: Large
Weapons: All melee, Rocks.
Immunities: Subdual
Lives: 4
Limitations: Cannot carry enchantments. May not use relics except Heimdall's Horn.
1st level
Berserk (ex) (1/game)
2nd level
Heal (ex) (1/game, Self only)
May use javelins.
3rd level
Fight After Death (ex) (1/game, While berserk only)
May use throwing weapons.
4th level
Heal becomes (2/game)
May use bows.
5th level
Total lives increase to 5 (T)
Fight After Death becomes (2/game)
6th level
Berserk becomes (2/game)
Fight After Death becomes (3/game)

Last edited by Elder Vermilion on Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:36 pm 

Holy vishnervish! Looks quite interesting if this becomes the new Barbarian of the future. Now what I want to know is WHEN the heal ability can be used? Not just the 1x/2x per game.
I don't think that a Beserk Barbarian could focus enough to heal, since they are basically so battle focused. Also I don't see how anyone could heal when they get to Fight After Death. Just my initial thoughts on this and you know how ppl are going to split hairs;)

It always helps to clarify the 'whens' so it is clear to all and it should be written in the ROP, especially for the new players/new parks. OR when someone decides to start playing a new class after they hit 6th lvl in something else.

I DO like the fact that the Barbarian starts out with 4 lives since that brings most all starting levels to 4. This gives starting Barbarian players the chance to PLAY on the field longer. It also helps balance the 'sides' when we do our class battle since we try to pick teams based on lives, while also considering the magic user/archer ratio.

Thanks for posting this and the 'testing' of it! I'm interested in how this turns out for sure.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:41 am 

Berserk specifies that no one can can cast spells or activate class abilities while Beserk, so no problem there.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:46 am 

do we want to test this kingdom wide? or just at ES?

"Passion overrules Reason" wizard's rule #3 of the Terry Goodkind series "Sword of truth"

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:16 am 

If your park wants to that's fine, I just want to make sure my park starts playtesting it.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:13 pm 

6th level fight after death 3/game must be a typo since it says fad only when beserk, and there are only 2/game beserk. I realize that bard enchantment gives the 3rd, but you cant count on a bard in the battlegame to have it (either level or buying it)

"Passion overrules Reason" wizard's rule #3 of the Terry Goodkind series "Sword of truth"

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:30 am 

It is specifically there for the Bard enchant, or being rezzed. This intends to end the Infinite rezzing FOD barbar tactic.

Board index » Emerald Hills Parks » Park Forums » Midnight Sun