Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills Parks » Park Forums » Midnight Sun

Post Posted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 10:04 pm 

Can I get the full story on how it came about that Brennon shot someone in the nuts, not in the context of a battlegame? I'm assuming the shot was deliberate. Was the nutting deliberate?

Brennon, if you're around, would you care to comment?

Post Posted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 11:54 pm 

The only time that I remember Brennon even doing anything like that was when he shot between my legs under my chair as a joke. He joked around with Martello about shooting him there with a few of us laughing about it, including Martello, but nothing happened from that.

Sir Morgan

Post Posted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:42 pm 

What makes you assume that is was on purpose? Martello in the junk on Saturday and dropped him to the ground. It was not on purpose and was regrettable but it happens.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:43 pm 

previous post brought to you by Sparhawk .... sponsered by fine jockstraps around the nation

Post Posted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:34 pm 

I'm not assuming anything. I'm asking.

We were just standing around after the usual activities at the end of the game day, and then Brennon sniped one of the young guy's nuts, right there at the picnic table. I was standing a few feet away with one of my children in my arms. The target crumpled over. Some time later, he was asked, "Are you okay?" to which the answer given was "Would you be?"

I certainly hope it was an accident, but as there was some discussion prior to as to who was wearing a cup and who wasn't, I have concerns that it wasn't. I was hoping someone could provide me an explanation for this bizarre incident.

In short, I don't know of any good reason why this happened, but perhaps I am missing some piece of information that would explain what happened and why it happened. It is entirely possible, I admit, that Brennon did not, in fact, impulsively shoot someone in the nuts just to watch them suffer.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:01 pm 

If you were watching the incident, why didn't you simply ask Brennon, "Why'd you shoot that kid in the nuts?" It would seem that would be a much more efficient way of getting an answer to the question than posting it to a board on which more than, what? 90% of the people who read weren't there.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:06 am 

I did say, "What the hell was that about?" but no answer was immediately forthcoming. There was a lot of talking, and of course, once the shot occured, attention shifted to the well-being of the victim.

Is there some reason not to post it here?

I'm just asking clarification from anyone who might have gotten parts of the incident that I missed.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:02 am 

Darkangel";p="1149 wrote:
Is there some reason not to post it here?

There are several, but I'd think the most pertinent is that you have yet to exhaust the options open to you that do not open this situation to the lack of context and public warping to which discussing things on the internet inevitably lead.

If you're trying to collect information, this is the least efficient or effective course of action open to you. Which leads me to believe that collecting information is not your goal.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:09 am 

That or the thought of random nutshooting for the fun of it is not on his top 5 favorite reasons to be at the park and is trying to get others to eventually say and maybe agree with him that it's not cool. Accidental nut shoots happen, but popping a guy in the crotch for a laugh isn't. Right?

I've read he'll stop if asked to stop.

Pansy 'cup' wearer.
S

The general who advances without seeking fame and retreats without fearing disgrace, whose only thought is to protect his country and do service for his sovereign, is the jewel of his kingdom. -Sun Wu

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:38 am 

[quote="Darkangel";p="1147"]
I'm not assuming anything. I'm asking.

Ahhh you see this is where I was mistaken... Because your initial post regarding this thread stated that you "assumed" it was on purpose. Hence my misunderstanding that you were making an assumption.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:57 am 

I'm assuming that Kitten is just trying to make an issue out of it. Not that I am assuming anything.

Puppet Master of the EH

"Of course you are Forest. You're like the Mr. Burns of EH." - Finn

(insert titles and awards here)

Post Posted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 5:24 pm 

I assumed the shot was deliberate, because it didn't seem likely Brennon would randomly fire into a crowd of noncombatants, including infant children.

I did not assume Brennon shot someone deliberately in the nuts just to watch them suffer. However, it seemed possible. I was trying to distinguish between two possible scenarios:

A) Brennon thought it would be funny to shoot someone who was sitting around minding their own business, even though it isn't, and accidentally shot the guy in the nuts. He then failed to apologize.

vs.

B) Brennon thought it would be funny to shoot someone IN THE NUTS, and then shot the guy in the nuts to see what would happen.

In either case, it wasn't very nice, and he might easily have injured someone.

I'm certainly willing to give Brennon enough of the benefit of the doubt to assume he hit what he was aiming at.

But before I came forward and said, "Brennon shot someone in the nuts for no reason and ought to be suspended from play," I thought I would check my facts. If, for instance, Brennon came forward later and apologized to the guy for accidentally hitting him in the nuts, that would weaken the case for it having been intentional. So if that happened, I would like to know that.

If, conversely, someone heard Brennon said, "I'll show him why he wants to wear a cup," and then Brennon shot the guy in the nuts, that would strengthen the case for it having been intentional.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 5:25 pm 

That was me. I don't know why it logged me out while I was typing. Quick timer? - Darkangel

Post Posted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 5:47 pm 

The person that was hit told me last night that Brennon immediately apologized for the shot.

This really sounds more like goofing off gone bad.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:56 pm 

So you were making assumptions and you were trying to make a case to try and get Brennon banned for something that did not involve you.

Hmm and here we all thought you were just "curious"...boy did you have us fooled. :roll:

Puppet Master of the EH

"Of course you are Forest. You're like the Mr. Burns of EH." - Finn

(insert titles and awards here)

Board index » Emerald Hills Parks » Park Forums » Midnight Sun