Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills Parks » Park Forums » Midnight Sun

Post subject: Re: Swords for sell?
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:30 pm 

Thats great its always good to make your own weapons as everyones likes are different and is just easier to do it yourself then to try to tell someone else what you want

Post Posted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:58 pm 

THE WORD IS SALE, GODDAMNIT, SALE! everywhere on craigslist and other classifieds people always say shit like "such and such for sell" when the context is clearly sale! for fuck's sake did no one pay attention to that english lesson?

original poster, i'm not mad at you or flaming you personally, but bejeezus... say it out loud.... "anyone have swords for sell?" or "anyone have any swords for sale?" the written word is just like the spoken word.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:31 am 

You know, I'm usually very grammatically correct. Must have been high when I typed it. But either way, its not that big of a deal. Definitely not worth the time it took to read that post or type this one.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:10 pm 

Thank you!

Post Posted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:12 am 

Merworth!

Ya got a shaft or two this weekend right? I'll nag Nicodemus to hold a weapons making demo ASAP!

No need to spend big bucks on something you can make yourself sir! Just gotta getcha educated.

There are a slew of great swordsmiths in the kingdom, but we'll get ya on your way to being one of em!

It was a pleasure meeting you and your lovely lady! I'll def. be seeing ya'll again real soon!

Merry met!
S

The general who advances without seeking fame and retreats without fearing disgrace, whose only thought is to protect his country and do service for his sovereign, is the jewel of his kingdom. -Sun Wu

Post Posted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:09 pm 

Sorry for the change of accounts. I made this one to have my Amtgard name on here instead.

I did get those cores, and I think Nico plans on having a demo this weekend, but I don't have his number so the nagging will be appreciated.
I also really enjoyed meeting you also, and thank you for taking the time to help me out. See you soon!

Post Posted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:38 am 

We have awards for anyone making their first legal weapon. (and so on) It is part of the game and anyone can learn how to make a good legal weapon on their first try ..it is not that hard.
You can make about 3 good swords for 30 bucks, you just need to find the least costly supplies. Yelling at someone when they might not make a weapon up to standard is plain counter productive ...we want them to play and remain a part of whatever park they joined. If I make a sword for someone for whatever reason, I only charge 10 bucks for materials. However we teach all our newbs at the park how to make a basic legal sword, they bring the materials, we take the time to show them how.

BTW what park are you a member of?

Post Posted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:23 am 

Well my first few weapons I made were illegal. We made them with PVC pipes and Funnoodle. They hurt quite abit, but they made for good practice amongst my friends, plus I have the basics of sword making down. We should be learning how with our graphite cores tomorrow.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:59 pm 

Be a man. Wrap that PVC with camp foam and duct tape. Then go and swing that for a couple four years and maybe then you can stand near me. Maybe?

Other than that...

Board index » Emerald Hills Parks » Park Forums » Midnight Sun