Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills Parks » Park Forums » Midnight Sun

Post subject: Class distribution
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:22 pm 

What is the typical class distribution at MS? I have been reading the rules and the 2 classes that sound like a lot of fun to me are Wizard and Archer, but they are both limited to 1:10 and 1:5 respectively. I also know it is advised that a newb not try archer until he has had a few good lessons from some archers and the group champion.

I will probably still whack together a couple spell balls for a lvl 1 wizard from old t-shirts that don't fit, but I know it is unlikely I will get to play one.

Also, other than warrior what is a good class for a new player? The reason warrior seems like a silly idea is that as a new player your not going to have armor to wear so you won't be able to use the warriors tanky-ness.

Post subject: Re: Class distribution
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:26 pm 

the class distribution is followed more for the big battlegames. maybe if for some reason everyone wanted to play wizard, some would be asked to picks something different, but this never happens. so play wizard. get the spells down and who is immune to them and remember to cast with your LEFT hand only (at first level).

the draw back to archer is having a proper bow and arrows (which can get expensive). since not everyone can shell out the cash, and there are typically no loner bow/arrows, there usually is only one or two archers (or other bow-wielders) at a given park.

warrior is usually the go-to class for a newbie because there arent too many things they have to remember except here is a sword, pointy end goes into bad guy, dont whack 'em on the head. simplicity. if that didnt scare them off, then they can come back and try another class. yes they wont have armor yet, but they could make/buy/borrow some at a later level

hoped that helped :)

Post Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:47 pm 

another good class to start with is scout. its relatively simple and gives you the option of using bow or sword

Post Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:49 am 

cynisca wrote:
yes they wont have armor yet, but they could make/buy/borrow some at a later level

hoped that helped :)

I'm actually working on making a double maile shirt, but so far I have a 1'' by 3' chain, so its slow going. After I finish it maybe I'll get some warrioring in.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:18 pm 

Barbarian seems to attract a lot of newer players, they are a lot like warriors in the simplicity but they have the free 2 points of armor from berserk. A lot of the new players at my park (everyone but my brother and I lol) are mixing warrior and barbarian for that reason of them being simple. Also, I have several assassins, they really are simple at first level and the style attracts people to them.

I may fall but I will arise again and again, eyes blue alight to fight for the cause that is embedded in my stilled, frozen heart.

~Dreadlord Stripe Frostsorrow~
~Dreadlord Stripe Frostsorrow~

Post Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:34 pm 

Warrior is simple to play. Also, since it doesn't have immunities, you get a chance to become familiar with a wide variety of spells. You also get five lives, and even at 2nd level, it has a lot to offer someone who doesn't have a lot of gear. Personally, I don't often wear armor.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:41 pm 

Darkangel wrote:
Warrior is simple to play. Also, since it doesn't have immunities, you get a chance to become familiar with a wide variety of spells. You also get five lives, and even at 2nd level, it has a lot to offer someone who doesn't have a lot of gear. Personally, I don't often wear armor.

I think I will go ahead and play as a warrior for at least a month just to get a hang of the game, and make sure I know how to make safe arrows before trying it on my $6 a pop carbon shafts.

As I said in my yahoo group post, I used to love sparring with wooden swords at Scarborough, but haven't done any sword fighting in almost a decade. I may try to knock out a quilted tunic after my exams thursday so I will have a little bit of armor, and to help keep me warm while playing.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:44 am 

Hopefully it's not *too warm* ... armor can get hot quickly!

Board index » Emerald Hills Parks » Park Forums » Midnight Sun