Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills Parks » Park Forums » Eagleshire

Post subject: Adoption of Eagleshire!
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:57 am 

A few months ago I made another attempt to contact the City of Denton to try to convince them to let Amtgard take a more active role in the upkeep of the part of McKenna park we all know as Eagleshire. I have been working with the Keep Denton Beautiful program to find out what we would be allowed to do to improve our Amtgard home.

Finally, I'm so excited to let you all know that the Denton Parks Department has approved our many, many requests to "adopt" Eagleshire! I will have more details at a later date. Right now I need volunteers.

They have agreed to let us paint the pavillion! I will need a few (hopefully experienced) painters to volunteer some time on a Saturday afternoon. Again, I will have more information as far as dates, once I get an idea of how many people are interested in helping with this project. We will discuss this at the park on Sunday, but I'd really like your input between now and then.

Post your thoughts on what you'd like to see done at Eagleshire. Someone mentioned fixing it so that the pavillion doesn't flood everytime a heavy rain comes in. That too has been mentioned to the Parks Department and they are looking into what can be done that won't cause more flooding. Again, please let me know your thoughts and ideas! And if you want to volunteer, contact me anytime at amypyn@yahoo.com

Carmony
Eagleshire PM

Post Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:34 pm 

That is great news! :) I'll help in any way I can.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:08 pm 

Ok, come on guys... I've had ONE (1) volunteer for this. What do I have to do to motivate you???

Post Posted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:57 am 

Just saw this. Yea! I will help. Also, you may want to post this to the Kingdom list. not sure how many people read the forums since it was having issues for so long.

Puppet Master of the EH

"Of course you are Forest. You're like the Mr. Burns of EH." - Finn

(insert titles and awards here)

Post Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:49 am 

A date and time might be helpful.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:01 am 

I don't have a date/time yet. Still working with the City to find out when we can do this. They want to know how many volunteers we're going to have and that's what I'm trying to figure out right now.

It will (hopefully) be in the month of April sometime. I'm working directly with the Keep Denton Beautiful program, and the KDB program is my go-between for the Parks Department, who is ultimately in charge and makes the decisions.

I'm hoping the Parks Department will furnish the paint and supplies and we can just do the labor. They may not go for this. If they don't, then we'd have to purchase everything and unfortunately we don't have the funds available to do something like that at this time.

As of yesterday when I talked to the KDB people, they had not heard back from the Parks Department manager on the paint and supplies. They're also trying to figure out if our volunteers need to sign anything since we'll be doing this on city property.... all kinds of complicated when all we want to do is paint the pavillion and make the park look nice.

so... all that being said, I don't have a specific date in mind because we may not have supplies by that date. I will keep updating as I have more information to give. Fingers are crossed that this is still not going on NEXT march. :)

Carmony

Board index » Emerald Hills Parks » Park Forums » Eagleshire