Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills Parks » Park Forums » Eagleshire

Post subject: DM Prep Day at Park?
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:27 pm 

With DM coming up in a month, do you think we could devote a park day to A&S prep and tips?

~Bring your ready entries with questions.
    ~Some could bring previous entries that have scored well in order to demonstrate what judges look for.
    ~We can provide each other with critiques and suggestions to improve presentation.

Help me make this happen.

Post subject: Re: DM Prep Day at Park?
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:50 pm 

I'll try to gather people who are experienced with judging as well as winning DM's to hopefully help. I might even feature a mock DM, to even further help the experience along.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:22 pm 

The only day i will not be there is Aug 26th (I am going to the GP 20th year if anyone wants to join me). Otherwise I am up for it.

Puppet Master of the EH

"Of course you are Forest. You're like the Mr. Burns of EH." - Finn

(insert titles and awards here)

Post Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:46 am 

Sounds like a plan!

Post Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:19 am 

Aylin_Karyn wrote:
With DM coming up in a month, do you think we could devote a park day to A&S prep and tips?

~Bring your ready entries with questions.
    ~Some could bring previous entries that have scored well in order to demonstrate what judges look for.
    ~We can provide each other with critiques and suggestions to improve presentation.

Help me make this happen.

I'll bring this up to Deni on Sunday. Since Docsi changed Dreadmoor MR to Aug 25th & 26th I'm going to try to run the Water games on the 18th & 19th. This might be a good weekend to try to run the DM prep, as I'm trying to get as many people at park as possible, so we'll (hopefully) have plenty of people to provide input/advice/suggestions &/or examples of well scoring entries.

"Until we stop viewing making a knight into a non-knight a fate worse than death we'll never be able to clean up knighthood." - Glen

Post Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:09 pm 

I can certainly give a list of things I've done wrong in the past. We can have a "This is what you should do" class held by someone else, and I can run the "This is what you shouldn't do" class.

Who'd have thought my particular expertise would actually possibly benefit someone!?!?!

Post Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:18 pm 

I keep forgetting we have an Eagleshire page on here.... sorry.

ok, so i'll make an announcement this weekend at park. We'll do 2 days the 19th and the 26th.

Bring things that you want opinions/suggestions on that you're entering into this Dragon Master. Also, it would be nice to see things that have been entered before (especially if you can remember the scores and comments you got back to give people who have never entered an idea of what to expect) This is to help everyone enter their best work into DM so there's no reason you can't bring mostly done things to get opinions on how it's going or if you run into a creative block and don't know where to go from there, or it's finished and you decide to change it after hearing what people have to say bring it back out the second weekend.

Also, please don't ever feel like your stuff is not good enough to enter, this is a chance to celebrate the arts and sciences in our game and get feedback from others that do (or just appreciate) our crafts.

Board index » Emerald Hills Parks » Park Forums » Eagleshire