Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Announcements » Archives

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 2:25 pm 

Hey, lots of people messaged me privatly and said the rules are the best thing ever happened to WBW, and they'll bring ten extra people for everyone who doesn't show up. That's $1000 right there! lol

Post Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 2:32 pm 

Feral";p="980 wrote:
I realize you were out of Amtgard dealing with your habits for many years, so you might have missed the 5 years that Brennon and I were at each other's throats. I think it is laughable that you would place my residence in his colon. I think, if you ask B, he would find it equally funny.

Actually the 3 years I spent playing SWG was more of a fun addiction ( I can only assume this is what you mean by "habbits" since it's the only one I had when I was gone)

And it doesn't matter if you spent a decade at each other we both know where you live now.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 3:17 pm 

Here's my take, as posted in the WBW threads in E-Sam.

Large boat battles...

...fine, as long as there is a viable playing FIELD.
<<Addendum - There must be a playing field capable of fielding both teams at the same time accessible by both teams. No one should be waiting to fight because they hcvnat get to the fighting area.>>

Monsters in WBW...

...totally useless. WBW is a team war tourney, NOT a battlegame. Multiple reasoning, too many from out of kingdom will not have the opportunity to gain the REAL CASH necessary for whatever monsters eventually get approved for this event. In addition, the monster classes (even the current ones from the 7.0 rules) do not have a role in the tourney.

I will be asking that monsters not be used in the tourney, by allthing vote if necessary, since the Crats for this event have resorted to heavily badmouthing almost everyone offering any kind of criticism of the tourney rules.

This change of pace is a great idea, and i am all for it, but this is too much of a change and I dont believe we will get the turnout we want from such a drastic change.

Just my .02

>>>>>
GUEST -> Dude this is an opinion/criticism forum, post with your name man...shees this isnt someplace anyone has to hide their head, this is a hot topic and people honestly need to identify themselves in their opinions on this. It will end up being a majority influence regarding the War Rules, so influencing is necessary, pro or con.

[/align]

Post Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 3:38 pm 

Sirrakhis";p="988 wrote:
Monsters in WBW...

...totally useless. WBW is a team war tourney, NOT a battlegame. Multiple reasoning, too many from out of kingdom will not have the opportunity to gain the REAL CASH necessary for whatever monsters eventually get approved for this event. In addition, the monster classes (even the current ones from the 7.0 rules) do not have a role in the tourney.

I will be asking that monsters not be used in the tourney, by allthing vote if necessary, since the Crats for this event have resorted to heavily badmouthing almost everyone offering any kind of criticism of the tourney rules.

The comparason to the "battlegame" isn't solid since the monsters are on the teams and not NPC's

And as far as "badmouthing almost everyone" LMAO Brennon and Feral are hardly everyone but if you come at this with this kind of cheesy twist you open yourself up to "badmouthing" as well

Idiot opinions and ideas as well as cheesy twists and vandetta motivated bashing will only get you laughed at and ridiculed.

Last edited by D'Okynn on Tue Apr 18, 2006 5:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 3:57 pm 

I wasnt aware of any vendetta I had with anyone.

I was totally striaght on the badmouthing, and i see that you are in fact at least being consistent.

Expect an Allthing proposal regarding the WBW rules.

There wasnt any need for the candor you and the War-O-Crat exhibited in most of the responses in this thread. No one is slanting you and yours, and the concerns that are being brought up are VERY legitimate, and will most likely bite you in the ass if you continue to address them by throwing these concerns in your "I dont like you" file.

Jeez, dude, these are actual concerns not people trying to trip you up.

I am out.

tony

[/align]

Post Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 4:33 pm 

People calm the hell down jeez. Tony you posted that crap on esam with out showing them the field. It will be all right. Almost everything is in mediation, the rules the monsters all of it. Stop having a fucking cow. It will be worked out.

Oh and btw #%#### Kas lol

Post Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 6:56 pm 

I would like 3 people to contact me.
Brennon, Elder and Rayel

214-995-7255
falamar@corsairs.org
As soon as posible plz

Post Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 7:05 pm 

I find the idea of paying for an upgrade to your monster extremely inappropriate. If a fund-raiser is needed, make it a separate part of the event, not the event's main feature, the World Banner War.

It seems discourteous to me to invite the Amtgard world to come and play with us, and expect them to donate additional money to our coffers in order to be competitive in the main battle of the event.

Surely there is a better way for us to raise money for the kingdom, besides incorporating fund-raising into our central activities? I don't mind paying to enjoy a site, or eat a feast, and I might willingly participate in the occasional fund-raiser, but because the Banner War at World Banner Wars is the main activity, I think it is inappropriate to incorporate fund-raising that directly affects the competition. It is similar to giving advantages for cash at a Dragonmaster or a Weaponsmaster, which we would hopefully never even consider.

I understand that the monster upgrades were probably envisioned as a way to add interest and raise funds at the same time, but I think that the idea of cash for upgrades is not appropriate to the World Banner War. I hope that the autocrats of the event will seriously re-consider this aspect of the War and find other venues to conduct any fund-raising they find necessary.

Respectfully,

Sir Moogie Morrigan, Equitissa

Post Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 7:21 pm 

I'm sorry. Weaponmaster has way more implications that winning WBW

Post Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 7:27 pm 

Anonymous";p="997 wrote:
I find the idea of paying for an upgrade to your monster extremely inappropriate. If a fund-raiser is needed, make it a separate part of the event, not the event's main feature, the World Banner War.

It seems discourteous to me to invite the Amtgard world to come and play with us, and expect them to donate additional money to our coffers in order to be competitive in the main battle of the event.

Surely there is a better way for us to raise money for the kingdom, besides incorporating fund-raising into our central activities? I don't mind paying to enjoy a site, or eat a feast, and I might willingly participate in the occasional fund-raiser, but because the Banner War at World Banner Wars is the main activity, I think it is inappropriate to incorporate fund-raising that directly affects the competition. It is similar to giving advantages for cash at a Dragonmaster or a Weaponsmaster, which we would hopefully never even consider.

I understand that the monster upgrades were probably envisioned as a way to add interest and raise funds at the same time, but I think that the idea of cash for upgrades is not appropriate to the World Banner War. I hope that the autocrats of the event will seriously re-consider this aspect of the War and find other venues to conduct any fund-raising they find necessary.

Respectfully,

Sir Moogie Morrigan, Equitissa

Very respectful way to object and the kind that will get noticed by the autocrats since it was jab free and logical, this is what can be respected and took into consideration. /bow
The war has been a matter still under consideration and releasing it unfinished was intended to get feedback (even though it had been approved already). the idea of it is to be fun and competitive on multiple levels and not the same ol (already done that war scene) type of thing.
One note to your comments, weaponmaters and dragonmasters offer titles related to amtgard advancement and this is not true of WBW. (a good bit of difference).
Other fund raising efforts have been tem plated for alternate means of making this WBW one that doesn’t waste the opportunity to see this club grow if the final outcome were to be that we drop this aspect of the war.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 9:43 am 

D'Okynn";p="999 wrote:
The war has been a matter still under consideration and releasing it unfinished was intended to get feedback

When should we be expecting the revised rules?

Post Posted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 10:15 am 

Brennon EH";p="1004 wrote:
When should we be expecting the revised rules?

When Falamar is done with them, BTW he requested that you call him...maybe you should.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 6:01 am 

First, I just sent an email to Falamar as 5:30 in the morning seemed a bit early to call.

Second, let's all try to be a little more constructive.
Name calling and innuendo do little good. WBW is six months away. A lot can happen in six months.

Third, WBW will be played by 7.0 rules because Amtgard is under 7.0 rules. I understand and appreciate that no ruleset pleases everyone, but
7.0 was voted in.

Based on:
http://www.darkemerald.org/WBW/images/W ... layout.jpg

This WBW, terrainwise, is essentially a bridge battle with fixed locations for siege engines (if anyone fields them). The game boils down to controlling those two bridges. Monsters could be
struck completely and WBW would still boil down to being a bridge battle.

The monsters, if they're still included by October, need revision. Abilities need updating (as Tolken has pointed out), Merfolk needs an overhaul (or elimination), and however it is that one buys monsters should be made loud and clear. If it's a cash donation to Tanglewood, then it's a cash donation to Tanglewood. Tell people what's being done with their money, and they might be more likely to give it to you.

Rayel

Post Posted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:16 am 

I disagree with monsters in WBW, but it is the Corsairs event. My biggest complaint is the inclusion of Merfolk and the pay to upgrade monsters. I know they have worked hard and are continueing to work hard. They may not be responding in a civil manner to concerns. But from their responses you can tell they are listening. I am not attacking or defending anyone. Still, alot can happen in 6 months, and they may nix the monsters altogether. Falamar has already said they are working on revisions give them some time and see what they do before you let your heads explode.

Kracker Baron

Post Posted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 1:01 pm 

I am working on the World Banner Wars page this week and all of last weekend. There we will also have a forum where everyone can come together and post concerns. It will be a good way to, in my opinion, calm everyone down and have a platform to discuss this. As well as for everyone to have a clear overview of everything that Falamar wants to put forward.

I have been listening to their ideas and they are not bad ones at all. I just think communication has broken down due to personal heart.

I have been listening to everyone ( not that I am in any way, shape or form on the WBW team ) but I agree with everyone's point. I just disagree in the manner that people have been doing it.

It's not going to get us anywhere. And for those people who simply boycott WBW, are doing so on a personal vendetta, rather then holding out, like typhus said, 6 months to see how it will evolve.

Patience is always a virtue.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Announcements » Archives