Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Announcements » Archives

Post subject: NPB - Details!!
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:18 am 

Looks like we have a site near Atoka, so we are good to go!

What: November Park Battles
When: Nov. 12-14
Where: Boggy Depot (Near Atoka Oklahoma)
Why: To show pride in your home park and have a lot of fun with other Amtgardians

Cost: $10

The event: PArks will go head to head in fighting, A&S, and any other category we can come up with (by we I mean the people attending. This is an audience participation game!). We are looking to host battlegames of North V. South, East v. West, mercenaries for hire, free-for-all, and any other we come up with.

I need JUDGES! I want to have a head to head A&S tourney as well (and it will help prepare people for Crown Quals!). Which park has the best artisans? Don't just talk about it, come prove it.

And for feast...a cook off! Each park cooks up a dish and the judges (and populace) will determine the winners. Parks may have multiple entrees and this will double as Sat night feast. (We will supplement feast with with drinks, desserts and papergoods).

Park Info: Quiet Hours are from 11pm-6am (if there are any mundanes on site. If not, have a night) Alcohol is allowed, but keep it in the campsites and please clean up after yourselves. Their are restrooms and showers on site.

RV hookups are extra and cost $20 per night (so I say just bring yer tent!).

I will get directions to the site posted tomorrow (unless someone else wants to look them up.) Please cross post this to any park lists and start getting your park members ready!

Looking forward to a fun event!

Puppet Master of the EH

"Of course you are Forest. You're like the Mr. Burns of EH." - Finn

(insert titles and awards here)

Post subject: Re: NPB - Details!!
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:19 am 

Note: Anyone who has an idea for a park competition at the event, post it here and we will try to work it in.

Puppet Master of the EH

Post Posted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:46 am 

Boggy Depot is a very nice park. I can see this becoming an annual thing...hehe

Squire to Sir Logan T. Black
Clan Chieftain of the Turtle Clan
Ship's Surgeon, HMS "Turtle's Revenge"
Gaslight Sky Pirate

"Dwarves and mountains have one thing in common: It takes an almighty hammer and a tremendous amount of persistence to overcome them."

Post Posted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:16 pm 

This should be quite an event, indeed!

I'll see what I can come up with for a competition...

Post Posted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:15 pm 

I've been searching for info on this park. It is a ghost town. No buildings remain, but there are markers that mark the spots of the former buildings stating what was where. Around this area was the Battle of Middle Boggy, a Civil War ambush in which Union forces ambushed 90 Confederate soldiers. 47 Confederate soldiers died and are buried in the cemetary that stands within the park boundry. Supposedly every 3 years a re-enactment happens here of that battle but not this year. Now wouldn't that be something to see? or EH vs the Civil War ..lol.
The Chickasaw chief that was living in the area also is buried there, he coined the word Oklahoma that was adopted as the state name in 1907. Oklahoma's first Masonic lodge was founded in Boggy Depot and it was also a stage coach stop for the Butterfield Overland stage coach that ran from St Louis to San Francisco. Jerry Cantrell of the band Alice in Chains is from the Boggy Depot area and on one of his solo album covers is a pic of him standing in the Boggy Creek. This weekend there was held a convention at the park for the annual Bigfoot convention, plus paranormal speakers. Yes, the 1st Legend of Boggy Creek movie stems from here. Wonder what class Bigfoot (the Boggy Bottom Monster) is going to play? Pretty cool stuff! Can't wait to go.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:11 am 

I can't wait for this at all! =3
A&S is my ultimate favorite thing about amtgard.

Tigerhawke, thank you so much for posting some history, I love history so much =]

Also knowing that it's a ghost town and a grave sight with war history makes it that much more interesting to me =D
I may have to take the time to go and check it out, maybe catch a ghost sighting or two ;]

GM or Druids
PM of Riverstone
Captain of The Shadow Chorus
Member of House Singollo

Post Posted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:31 am 

Some people are wondering what to do if they do not claim a park, but claim EH. Well, I have a few suggestions:

1.) Everyone started somewhere. If your original park, or the last park you claimed, is still active, fight with them. People may be surprised to find out who used to claim the same banner.

2.) Reeve/Judge: Having someone impartial to watch the fighting and A&S would be helpful to everyone. :)

3.) Merc out. Nothing says you can't decide to join in a game or to at your own benefit. But PLEASE, only do this if you claim EH and have no real ties to any park. The overall purpose of this is to create more unity amongst park members.

I hope everyone feels welcome at this event and feels a sense of belonging within not only their own park, but in the theme that we are all part of a bigger picture. I look forward to seeing people at the event.

Puppet Master of the EH

Post Posted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:59 am 

I found some directions. It is off of hwy 75/69 heading north or south. Everyone basically just has to figure their driving route to hwy 75/69

*IF driving from the OR/AR areas bring some extra money for possible tolls depending on which way you come .... I know there's a couple of toll booths on a few of these different routes to get to Atoka.

From Durant head north on hwy 75/69 to Tushka (6 miles south of Atoka). Once you see the sign for Tushka and the blinking school caution light, look for the sign for Boggy Depot State Park. Turn west on Boggy Depot Road and the park is 8 miles down
that road. It's a heavily traveled and a well maintained paved road. Boggy Depot Road stretches from the west end of Atoka County to close to 20 miles east.

Boggy Depot State Park
475 S Park Ln
Atoka,OK
505-889-5625

Post Posted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:42 am 

I think we should have a bigfoot hunt...hehehe....get some really big guy to play the monster and the rest of us try to find him...who knows...maybe the real one will get caught instead.

Gaslight Sky Pirate

"Dwarves and mountains have one thing in common: It takes an almighty hammer and a tremendous amount of persistence to overcome them."

Post Posted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:11 pm 

for people in Tulsa, go west and Find 75/62, take it south till 69 the follow it on in to Atoka. (No Toll fee **FYI**)

Kyto Nichiro "Cheeto" is the name.
Enjoy fighting all day a living the ache the next day.
He who talks to a ring.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:19 pm 

to bad I am too short to play bigfoot.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:45 pm 

hmmm.....Alby is big...and he's already fuzzy....

Gaslight Sky Pirate

Post Posted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:25 am 

A Bear Lad hunt!!

Puppet Master of the EH

Post Posted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:06 pm 

Google map to Boggy Depot state Park

Post Posted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:17 pm 

House Singollo will be hosting a hospitality tent at this event. For those who don't know what that is, it's a place where nice people who donate snacks, drinks, etc. can come together. We will have things like free cookies, water and other non-alcoholic drinks, fruit, etc. Pretty much whatever we can come up with to bring and what anyone else want's to donate. It doesn't have to be much, maybe a jar a gatorade or a bit of fruit everything helps!

Oh, and my opinion is that bigfoot will play bar-bar!

Lettusio-Rex, Dreadmoor Fey Jackalope
Member of the House of H.O.P.S.

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Announcements » Archives