Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Announcements » Archives

Post Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:02 pm 

Hear Ye, Hear ye, calling all Assassins, Mercenaries or just plain Murderers!

There are lives signed up for the taking all you have to do is pay the price to enjoy the bloodshed.

Just to get a jump on things I wanted to let anyone know who wishes to enter, there will be a Bathroom Fundraiser dollar tournament the weekend of the Mayday event. This will not be a typical stick-jock style tourney. And all proceeds will be given specifically earmarked toward the other money already gathered into the Bathroom Fund.

Magnus, myself and possibly a few others to be named later are going to be hosting an Assassins Tournament. With a prize given to the person with the most kills or the last man standing with the most kills whichever comes first, by Midnight Saturday night of the Mayday event.

When: Mayday event. Tournament starts 9pm Friday...cut-off time to sign up...Midnight Friday. Tournament Ends Saturday at Midnight.

Where: At the TIT in Tanglewood Forest, or just outside of it. Results will be tallied as visibly as possible during the tournament so spectators can make bets or boasts as to who will win. Results will be announced shortly after Midnight on Saturday at the TIT.

Items Received as a Participant: Assassins cheat sheet to be filled out and presented to the judges at the beginning of the event, a black charm, three black stickers to be used for poisoning food at feast or etc. We would also suggest you bring your favorite dagger to have a weapons check at the beginning of the tournament.

A few rules to get you started:
- In order to enter this tournament you must have at least played an Assassin ONCE in the last 6 months. I'm announcing this early in order for anyone wanting to participate can at least play the class and know how they work from the inside out. We will be checking if you have played the class before and what level you should be at... Signing in as an Assassin at the event would be permitted I suppose, but I believe we would prefer if you did it earlier to better know the class.

- For the purposes of this game Only, not to conflict with other games during the event you will play an Assassin with all of it's abilities and restrictions, at whatever level you are currently at. Yes this is a bit of a disadvantage to the 1st level Assassins out there, but I don't think it will be to much of a henderance. This means as an example you attempt to kill your target using a poisoned weapon backstab, they see you at the last min and kill you instead. (To read more about botched Assassinations see below) That is one life down as per a full class battlegame, but they did not kill you as part of an assassination so your still in the tournament. You have whatever Lives, Armor or Abilities you would normally have during a battlegame. So the 6 level Assassin can't just keep using Touch of Death, they still have restrictions like any other battlegame. NOTHING will be reset unless special circumstances come up, or the game ends.

- We will be using a charm to designate you are a possible target, and on the back of the charm will be written down who your target is. Names will be drawn at random from a hat to begin the game. Please wear at least one of those charms visibly during the event.

-ONLY kill the person who is on your latest charm. If you kill your possible future killer and get your own charm with your OWN name on it THEN you may choose anyone with a black charm clearly visible on them and kill them as per this tournaments rules. If there is any conflict you will HAVE to present the charm with your own name on it to the Judges who passed out the charms at the beginning of the game. This probably Means Magnus, or Me, Fenris depending if we have any more Tournament judges.

- If you don't know who your target is than ask someone, but try to be sneaky about it...you are acting/roleplaying like an Assassin.

- In order to kill your given target you MUST use a technique or ability ONLY an Assassin would use. This means no Barbarian rushing with swords flying in all directions screaming and running to the kill. This also means that if your playing a battlegame or a ditch and are just fighting your target it won't count as a kill either.
You MUST use for instance the tried and true, sneaky as can be back stab (better with a poisoned weapon), touch of death, poisoning either by the use of a back stab or sneak attack using a poison weapon or classic poisoning of food, Assassinate, etc. If your going to poison someone's food use a black sticker provided and tell a reeve if necessary.

-You MAY NOT fight inside the TIT but you can poison, trap or touch of death, etc. Assassin abilities that aren't going to knock someone drink over or piss off Three Jugs, kinda important ;-)

-When you are killed...DIE as you were killed. If you were poisoned have a coughing fit and keel over. If you were stabbed double over, and fall down the best you can, the more dramatic the better. Remember this is all in fun and is helping to get you a hot shower at a camping event further down the line!

- When your killer has finished killing you they will search your body and you will give them YOUR latest charm, given to you either at the beginning of the game, or your most recent target, you are allowed to KEEP all Other charms you have collected so keep track. These will be counted in order to figure out a winner at the end of the game. So even if your killed you still have a chance to win. Report back to a Judge or the Tit to tell them you have died and who killed you.

- Botched Assassination attempts of any kind will have to be redone. This means that if they spotted your black sticker under there goblet they will not be poisoned, you do still obtain the element of surprise however. If they turn around and swing at you during a backstab as another example and you have NOT already landed the fatal blow, not only has it botched but now they know who is after them and it will be that much harder to advance in the game. Armor does count as per the Assassin class at your level, so with any legal hit in Amtgard you have to get Through their armor to poison them if they are wearing it.

- You may NOT have other characters give you ANY enchantments or additions of any kind. You have to play this whole game out as your class would normally be. Example: No bladesharp's, improved weapons etc.

- You also may not team up or get assistance from ANY other players except to ask anything about your target. Such as what they look like, where they are etc. Any good Assassin would investigate the person they were going to kill given the opportunity. Tricking an individual to help you IS acceptable, but not by magical means, as in the above rule of no improved weapons, etc.

- You may use a disguise to evade any other Assassins on your trail, BUT you must always let the charm given to you at the beginning, or your latest charm be clearly visible on your person. Such as on your chest or belt.

- More rules to come...this is just to wet your whistle.

This tournament is all about how well you can kill and how many people you are able to kill in a given time period. For those of you who play Assassins regularly the Guild Master will be watching, I'm sure he wants to know as all of us do who our best killers in the land are. To attack someone head on is one way to kill and in wartime it is one of the best methods, but as we all know circumstances sometimes call for a quieter solution. And to kill someone from the shadows unseen or unheard is just as deadly. Join us on this path of bloodshed, make Mayday a cleansing of souls to celebrate the coming of spring.

Any donations over a dollar are greatly appreciated but only one single dollar is required to enter the tournament. You may not enter the tournament twice, once you are dead you are dead for the benefit of this tournament experience.

"One People, One Planet"
haven-int.org
spirit-chronicles.org

Last edited by Fenris Blackwood on Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:23 pm 

Fenris Blackwood wrote:
Hear Ye, Hear ye, calling all Assassins, Mercenaries or just plain Murderers!

Did I read this right? Did you actually group assassins with mercenaries and 'plain' murderers Fenris? What about eccentric or passionate murderers?

Fenris Blackwood wrote:
Magnus, myself and possibly a few others to be named later are going to be hosting an Assassins Tournament.

I don't remember ever getting any notice, request, or bribe regarding this 'assassin' game.

First and only warning,
S

p.s. lub ya Fen.

The general who advances without seeking fame and retreats without fearing disgrace, whose only thought is to protect his country and do service for his sovereign, is the jewel of his kingdom. -Sun Wu

Post Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:31 pm 

This fundraiser has been approved by the EH BOD.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:10 pm 

Well good Guild Master Sutra... I think we could come to a fair compensation for the Assassins, though I am offering a prize to who I hope will be your best man. We should meet and talk terms :-) Wouldn't want the Guildmaster of Assassins angry at me for pitting one Assassin against another to find there rank and station in life here in the hills...could it be to much of a challenge to for your crew? I hope not...

Luv ya to Sutra,
Fenris

"One People, One Planet"
haven-int.org
spirit-chronicles.org

Post Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:11 pm 

Thank you Elder for the BOD approval ;-)

"One People, One Planet"
haven-int.org
spirit-chronicles.org

Post Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:59 am 

Fenris Blackwood wrote:
Well good Guild Master Sutra... I think we could come to a fair compensation for the Assassins, though I am offering a prize to who I hope will be your best man. We should meet and talk terms :-) Wouldn't want the Guildmaster of Assassins angry at me for pitting one Assassin against another to find there rank and station in life here in the hills...could it be to much of a challenge to for your crew? I hope not...

Luv ya to Sutra,
Fenris

Fenny Fen Fen,

#1. You forget who it is you're challenging to a test of will.
#2. Best 'man'? The kingdom has a handful of tastefully talented professionals of the female persuasion.
#3. See #1.

See you real soon.
S

The general who advances without seeking fame and retreats without fearing disgrace, whose only thought is to protect his country and do service for his sovereign, is the jewel of his kingdom. -Sun Wu

Post Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:12 am 

chuckles... alright you have me at #2. There are indeed many good female Assassins in our Kingdom.

But, yes I do know who I'm challenging and I think it's high time that the Assassins and other sneaky individuals come out and show what talents and skills they have. The kingdom needs something like this to acknowledged a champion amongst Assassins, just as they acknowledge a champion amongst sword knights and future sword knights...

To live and die by the sword has been our Kingdoms bread and butter in this past, and yes we are known for producing some very good sword knights from those very same lines.

But...Don't you think it's high time the populace of the Emerald Hills see who comes out on top when much darker and sinister individuals are allowed to showcase there killing talents in their own tournament style of combat?

I of course want the Guildmaster of Assassins to approve my undertaking so that you send your best men AND women to do the job. I would even welcome you as a judge in the tournament if of course you didn't feel up to pitting your skills against everyone else. :-) They do say those who can't do, teach...

Besides it's all in good fun and in the pursuit of a real flushing toilet.

"One People, One Planet"
haven-int.org
spirit-chronicles.org

Post Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:33 am 

To run a fundraiser at a kingdom event you need permission from the crat running the event. BOD approval does not constitute this permission. It only means the fundraiser does not violate the fundraiser rules that are to followed

Post Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:47 pm 

According to Orchid a while back in a discussion with her at park, she said I could do it at the tourney? You know something I don't Aria?

"One People, One Planet"
haven-int.org
spirit-chronicles.org

Post Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:04 pm 

If that is the fact you may want to double check things with Orchid cause at this time she does not recall you asking her about this.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:38 pm 

Well that's so funny since she was the one that suggested I do it her May day event... I actually remember quite clearly having that conversation with her at Kings Point. I was talking about this very Tournament in fact and saying that I really wanted to do it at an event... And then SHE suggested that I do it at her new May Day event. And I said well sure I would...

Ummmm do I need to find witnesses? Is this going to be made into a bigger deal. Because I can deal with that to if Orchid wants to make this into an issue. Id much rather it just be a mistake

And BTW why are YOU bringing this up and not her? I don't like talking to messengers.

And why was it not brought up earlier? 80 some odd people have already looked at this post, it's been up since the end of Feb.

"One People, One Planet"
haven-int.org
spirit-chronicles.org

Post Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:57 pm 

It maybe just a misunderstanding Fenris a lot has been going on for most of the officers lately and may be she just doesnt remember having the conversation. Thats why I said you should double check things with her.

It most likely wasnt brought up before cause she was waiting for you to talk to her about it.

I am not playing messenger. Orchid did mention to some of us officers that you havent talked to her about this and wanted to make sure not just you but anyone one else who may want to do something like this knows that you need kingdom permission to hold activities/ tourneys at kingdom events.

No one is saying the tourney is squashed just that you need to coordinate things with the event crats so everyone is on the same page

Post Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:10 pm 

Fenris, calm down please.

I'd like not to "make a fuss" as Avatar would say. I've spoken to Orchid, but you're not interested in second hand news so I'll put it a more authoritative perspective. I am currently War-Crat for the May Day event.

So here's how it breaks down. BOD says yes/no to your idea.
You then write it up, make it presentable.
You then give it to me.
Then I discuss it with Orchid.
Then I get back to you.

There's a chain of command. Without order, there is chaos. While useful, chaos stresses those who are planning. We don't like to be stressed. So please, go talk to the BOD and let's get this ball rolling right.

Spoiler! :
Familiarity, the first myth of reality: What you know the best, you observe the least.
Devotion, the second myth of reality: The faithful are most hurt by the objects of their faith.
Conviction, the third myth of reality: Only those who seek the truth can be deceived.
Fellowship, the fourth myth of reality: As the tides of war shift, so do loyalties.
Trust, the fifth myth of reality: Every truth holds the seed of betrayal.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:19 pm 

BOD has already approved the idea so she is free to take the next step.

Thank you Myth for working with Fenris on this. I think its an excellent idea and would have hate for it not happen just because of miscommunication somewhere.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:01 pm 

Before you start trying to school me....
I'm just trying to run a tournament and have some fun here...
I went through the chain of command. NOW there's back peddling.
Can you not read Myth? Elder gave me BOD approval.
I guess I need to go get witnesses, because I followed the chain of command.

What are you all afraid of? Why can't I just run a tournament for the benefit of the Kingdom and Tanglewood Forest and not be harassed or told I'm what lying...?

"One People, One Planet"
haven-int.org
spirit-chronicles.org

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Announcements » Archives