Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Announcements » Archives

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: MWG and Seal
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:56 pm 

Ok, please please clear this rumor up for me guys.

Why is Seal being allowed to play at MWG after being banned?

Why ask why,
S

The general who advances without seeking fame and retreats without fearing disgrace, whose only thought is to protect his country and do service for his sovereign, is the jewel of his kingdom. -Sun Wu

Post subject: Re: MWG and Seal
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:12 am 

Maybe the time frame for the ban has passed?

Maybe the person who banned him is no longer in charge?

Maybe he bribed his way back into the park?

Maybe there is none there with a big enough set of... "sticks"... to keep him away?

And my personal favorite...
Maybe they just forgot?

Post Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:40 am 

It is not a rumor Sutra. Kingdom officers received proof the other day showing Seal has indeed been playing at MWG. Currently the officers have been discussing how to handle the matter, but we would like to hear as well why this has happened

Post Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:42 am 

Nevron

Maybe the time frame for the ban has passed? nope still had about 2 weeks left on his ban at the time we received the evidence

Maybe the person who banned him is no longer in charge? I think most of us know the answer to this one lol [smilie=icon_cheesygrin.gif]

Maybe he bribed his way back into the park? Find this highly unlikely for a couple of reasons [smilie=icon_mrgreen.gif]

Maybe there is none there with a big enough set of... "sticks"... to keep him away? Can not say for sure on this one..I have not been out to MWG lately so I can't comment on the size of their "sticks"

Maybe they just forgot? Ha very unlikely lol

Post Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:00 am 

Really? 2weeks left on the ban? Then maybe he and others just lost track of time?

Maybe he was asked to come back out and play and the remaining 2 weeks would be forgotten. Kinda like giving him a break for good behavior?

I mean before we go off on the man we need to check out all the reasons.

[smilie=icon_cool.gif]

Post subject: MWG and Seal
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:50 am 

Maybe it's march and the ban paperwork says probation until November?
Maybe people at one park that couldn't handle their business made a non-issue something more?
Maybe taking pictures and running to teacher should be for children?
Maybe we would have better half time shows at superbowl if we didn't give huge amounts of power to tiny , pissy , little groups having a tantrum...

Maybe....

If at first you dont succeed, Dick Stab the guy that does,,,,

Post Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:22 pm 

Post subject: Seal
Post Posted: 25 Sep 2010 10:24 am

Seal has been banned from participating in Amtgard in the EH until Spring Mid-Reign 2011. If he shows up to your park, he cannot participate. Since we have our park days at public parks we cannot stop him from being there, although we can, if we need to, tell him not to bother or interact with the other people who are playing the game.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:49 pm 

Seriously people? Two weeks left on his "ban" and your having a hissy fit about that happened at a park OTHER than your own. This is why people get tired and leave amtgard. Too much damn drama and whining these days.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:17 pm 

...if two weeks is so miniscule, why didn't he just wait two more weeks?

anyways, it is in BOD hands now. posting this publicly has only opened the door to flame and drama. best to just let this topic disappear. unless you want to babble and flame each other, then i would take it to the smack.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:27 pm 

I thought it was suspicious but I just assumed his ban was up.

I think bans are something to take seriously, and circumventing one is a pretty big deal, but I would imagine that the reason MWG didn't uphold the ban was that people just assumed what I did, or that people didn't know in the first place.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:30 pm 

Speaking strictly as someone who has been punished by Amtgard for various actions of my own design...

I knew the very day my punishment ended. No one was needed to remind me of the date. But I did have to remind the Monarch (at the time) of when my punishment was over. And when given a chance to ignore the punishments handed out by the ruling factor of the day not only did I not succumb to the temptations of others and their promise to keep my violation to themselves, I even went so far as to add onto those punishments because I felt I got off pretty light.

Granted, I was not banned from Amtgard, but I was limited in other ways.

Since that time, I have seen others given some sort of judgment by Amtgard. Some did as they were told and have been allowed to continue in our game. Others couldn't/wouldn't and they have since moved on. The game as a whole is better none the less.

No Excuses.
No Tolerance for those who think they are above the rule.

PS... The hardest part in making the above comment is that I like Seal. Don't really have any sort of problem with the guy. But thats no reason to look away. Not for me and darn sure not for anyone else.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:50 pm 

Well said Nevron

Post Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:16 pm 

Ok folks all smack talking and kidding aside.

Some of you guys kind of got left in the dark or has heard one story or another. Some of you think the kingdom shouldn't be involved in what you think is a park matter. Heres the layout of it all. I will not go into who did what.

May 2010 - Seal was placed under a probationary period of 6 months.
*edit* I have been informed that he was not put on probation over anything that happened at a kingdom event. Sorry for the confusion.

September 2010 - some residents of one of the EH subgroups appeared at the BOD meeting to issue a complaint on Seal. It was determined at that time the issue was not BOD business and it was handed off to the Kingdom officers to address. This was when Seal was placed under a Kingdom wide ban.

Dark Tigger wrote:
Seal has been banned from participating in Amtgard in the EH until Spring Mid-Reign 2011. If he shows up to your park, he cannot participate. Since we have our park days at public parks we cannot stop him from being there, although we can, if we need to, tell him not to bother or interact with the other people who are playing the game.
(posted in the park officer forum on September 25th, 2010, 10:24 am)

October 2010 - February 2011 - Kingdom officers and BOD members started receiving reports that Seal had been seen fighting at MWG. At the time no evidence was available to confirm this so no action was taken.

February 2011 - Kingdom officers learned of MWG had held an althing on Dec 4th that was not announced through any EH board to determine whether or not the park would recognize and abide by the kingdoms ban. This was before Dark Tigger even stepped down.

February 2011 - BOD and Kingdom officers received an email containing evidence that Seal had been fighting at MWG. Kingdom officers discussed what if any course should be taken due to the new information along with other information that had been learned over the period of the last 2 months.

Attached is a copy of the probation contract signed by Seal and the Kingdom officers (note names and reason has been removed for privacy to those involved)

For those of you who think Kingdom should not have been involved. The issue started at kingdom level .

As for not knowing when the time was up both Seal and Kenta received a copy of the probation contract and the dead line for his ban was stated in DT post.

Also note that the contract Seal signed says if he broke his 6 month ban could result in a permanent kingdom ban.

Neron in answer to your question earlier, while yes his ban was due to be up in about 2 weeks we had been receiving reports from several people knights included of Seal breaking his ban in one form or another and had started discussions on how to handle it for the past month or so.

Attachments:
sealprobation1.jpg
sealprobation1.jpg [ 67.71 KiB | Viewed 13752 times ]

Post Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:47 pm 

So who is at fault here?

Seal for breaking the signed contract he signed?

The MWG officers who allowed him to play?

The rats who ratted this whole thing out?

Not for me to decided. Unless its brought up in another secret althing. [smilie=icon_rolleyes.gif]

But I have to say the evidence presented by just one side does make it look like more than Seal might be at fault here.

I'll save my personal judgement till I hear both sides.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:05 pm 

Sir Nevron your dues dollars has been hard at work we are looking into all aspects of the situation. This is why we have been discussing course of action for so long, none of us want to jump the gun on the situation.

I commend you on wanting to hold judgment until both sides are heard. The information I posted was just that. It was information to fill in the folks that may have been left in the dark on the situation and to keep folks informed on what has/is going on.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Announcements » Archives