Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Announcements » Archives

Post subject: State of Tanglewood?
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:33 pm 

So weather has been pretty crazy around Corsicana lately... anyone know if Tanglewood got hit at all?

Also, anyone know the the current state of Navarro County's burn ban is?

Thanks,
-S

Though all I see is corrupted, and all I touch crumbles like ash... Though the world may be dead, the light of my god will nourish and His shadow will revive, for my faith is beyond breaking, and guides me towards the moment I wake from this Dream.

Post subject: Re: State of Tanglewood?
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:53 pm 

TWF is fine ....Orchid spoke to 3jugs the other night. Burn ban was on as of yesterday, don't know if that has changed.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:07 pm 

I went out to TWF yesterday. Outside of a few minor broken branches from the poor wind whipped trees, all is standing and intact at TWF. Navarro County's website is still showing the burn ban in effect

Post Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:53 pm 

Kewl, good to know.

On the burn ban note... I understand that last event there was some exception made for small cooking fires, so long as they weren't left unattended... is this the case or is it a total ban?

I'm trying to find out if I'll be able to have a cooking fire or if I need to try transporting my little charcoal grill out there. =)

Though all I see is corrupted, and all I touch crumbles like ash... Though the world may be dead, the light of my god will nourish and His shadow will revive, for my faith is beyond breaking, and guides me towards the moment I wake from this Dream.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:09 am 

most of the fires that were allowed were contained fires such as though in a bbq pit or an out door metal fire pit..it all depends on the level of the current burn ban..be best to be safe and bring your grill ;)

Post Posted: Mon May 02, 2011 8:48 am 

Actually it turned out to be a total burn ban. No open fires, no covered fire place pits and no charcoal fires allowed. Gas grills and propane stoves were fine to be used.
Might be a good future idea to update your camping gear with a small propane stove just in case this continues to be something that TWF (and surrounding area) continues to have to deal with.

IF there was a spark that started a fire at TWF ...McFadden and ThreeJugs would be charged with a FELONY under the burn ban laws. We don't want that.

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Announcements » Archives