Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Announcements » Archives

Post Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:14 pm 

Now accepting Althing submissions.

King Alby

Post Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:33 pm 

I have been working with ThreeJugs and Mcfadden, and together we are putting forth the following proposal:

EFFECTIVE SEPTEMBER 1, 2012:

1) Remove all mentions of the RGK from the Corpora. AND adjust event budgets to 50% of gate. *Note* this is what event budgets are at now, this is needed to keep the budgets the same.

The main functions of the RGK would be picked up by a new Household, the following is the planned structure of the household:
Projects relating to the development and maintenance of Tanglewood Forest are planned and coordinated by Threejugs’ Grounds Crew (TGC), TGC is a Household whose membership is determined as follows: The Head of the Household is Samantha Threejugs, or her appointed representative. The sitting Monarch and Treasurer of the Emerald Hills (or their appointed representatives) are automatically members. All other members are appointed and dismissed at the Head of Household’s discretion. TGC maintains their own bank account, and funds for the household are generated from private donations, fundraisers, or from the EH Treasury. (Via discretionary funds or Althing, as appropriate)

Post Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:40 am 

So what would happen any funds that have already been designated to the RGK?

Post Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:15 pm 

Funds that are earmarked for Tanglewood forest maintenance and development would continue to be earmarked for that until they are exhausted. Which I project will be no later than Banner Wars.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:53 pm 

Reinterpretation and a couple of quick questions:

Does is say that Three Jugs and the sitting Monarch get to decide what happens to the land that Three Jugs is caretaker of anyway?

As to funding, the new household is able to petition the kingdom for it. Or, they can raise their own.

How about if they decide to build something the citizens don't want? Do we have any say in the matter?

Nettle

Post Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:04 am 

1.) It means the household that Three Juggs puts together will decide on land projects, but I am sure they will work with anyone who has good ideas.

2.) Yes they can do fundraising.

3.) As it is now the land owner can build whatever they want. But it is in the interest of all it would be bset if they built things that we wanted to use.

Puppet Master of the EH

"Of course you are Forest. You're like the Mr. Burns of EH." - Finn

(insert titles and awards here)

Post Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:03 am 

Cool. Buh-bye bureaucracy laden RGK!

Nettle

Post Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:34 am 

For a long time I have been a proponent of taking a stance against violence in Amtgard. For years, we (the game at large) have made excuses for, or overlooked physical violence at events. While the EH has adopted a zero tolerance policy, I would like to see us become responsible not just to ourselves, but to the game as a whole. IN that, I am going to try to work with the CoM to develop IK policies for dealing with violence at events.

For this althing, I want to start this approach by dealing with an issue from SW. Raban was involved in a situation where he headbutted another player to the ground. This is a pattern with him. he hit another player last year at SW, and at Clan a few years ago shoved Delphos to the ground. This type of ongoing behavior is unacceptable in our game. The CK is looking into the situation and plans to make a statement on the issue once the new Monarchy steps up.

So I propose the following be placed on the althing: For repeated violence while in attendance at Amtgard events, Raban Harkonnen is hereby banned from play in the Emerald Hills for a period of 5 years. This includes any activities, events, demos, etc. sponsored by the Kingdom. This ban may be reviewed upon request after a minimum of 2 years.

p.s. I will get his real name to be added to the document soon.

Puppet Master of the EH

Post Posted: Fri May 11, 2012 4:27 pm 

Here is the allthing agenda.

Item 1

EFFECTIVE SEPTEMBER 1, 2012:

1) Remove all mentions of the RGK from the Corpora. AND adjust event budgets to 50% of gate. *Note* this is what event budgets are at now, this is needed to keep the budgets the same.

The main functions of the RGK would be picked up by a new Household, the following is the planned structure of the household:
Projects relating to the development and maintenance of Tanglewood Forest are planned and coordinated by Threejugs’ Grounds Crew (TGC), TGC is a Household whose membership is determined as follows: The Head of the Household is Samantha Threejugs, or her appointed representative. The sitting Monarch and Treasurer of the Emerald Hills (or their appointed representatives) are automatically members. All other members are appointed and dismissed at the Head of Household’s discretion. TGC maintains their own bank account, and funds for the household are generated from private donations, fundraisers, or from the EH Treasury. (Via discretionary funds or Althing, as appropriate)

Yes No

Item 2
For repeated violence while in attendance at Amtgard events, Raban Harkonnen is hereby banned from play in the Emerald Hills for a period of 5 years. This includes any activities, events, demos, etc. sponsored by the Kingdom. This ban may be reviewed upon request after a minimum of 2 years.

Yes No

Item 3
The Emerald hills will not allow credit transfers from any other game system.

Note: It is currently at the discretion of the current PM and Monarch.

Yes No

Post Posted: Sun May 20, 2012 11:23 pm 

Question on item one first...... If we remove the RGK do it void our side of the lease that we have with Tanglewood? I ask this because I was informed that we agreed to have an active entity that is dedicated to the sole purpose of improving and maintaining our leased part?

Post Posted: Sun May 20, 2012 11:35 pm 

Issues with item number two.... Yes I agree with Forest that violence in amtgard should not be tolerated. I don't know the "facts" of all three situations that forest listed, but I do know that this year at spring war the person that Raban head butted to the groud was already involved in a physical altercation and security gave him the go ahead to forcibly remove that person from his camp by any means necessary. I was not there I am going by hearsay, but it is from a person who was involved in the altercation. I agree the Raban could have done other things, but the person was already trying to punch people to my understanding. The second offense I have no knowledge of. As far as Sir. delphose's being pushed over a chair. He and Raban handled that altercation the next morning and he was apologized to. It is their business, and they handled it. I have seen many people be pushed and fall in this game to start listing that as major issues.
So people, before you have this vote, please look at what he is accused of, contact people involved, I might not have accurate information, and realize he is being punished for punching the person at spring war already by his own kingdom, and is not one of the EH citizens.
I hate to sound like the bleeding heart, but this is a serious request that Sir. Forest has put forth. It will give us precedence to punish people in other kingdom for their offended in their kingdom. This kingdom has always honnored the bans other kingdoms have put forth, and told people not to play because they are suspended, or they have banned them from going to our inter kingdom event. Forest is right that physical violence should not be tolerated, but should we police other kingdoms? Also, please don't chew me up over grammar, and rotten puncuation.

Post Posted: Mon May 21, 2012 5:03 am 

As someone who has been involved in one of these “altercations” with Raban, I’m still going to have to agree with Thee on my part. Raban & I had a talk the morning after and decided to let the matter go. That was a long time ago and I don’t think it should be held against him.

To give him credit, I did provoke a situation. Don’t think he meant to push me all the way back into a camp chair & have me flip head over heals.

Looking back… It’s just funny!
So, Raban shoved me… BFD!
Calling for his removal from site was over reacting on my part.
I really don’t think it warrants mention alongside such charges as “physical assault”.
Physical “contact”… yes, but not assault.
People shove each other all the time. I don’t think anyone should be banned for it.

I’ve shoved… I’ve been shoved.
Ain’t no big deal.

just sayin’

[smilie=icon_cool.gif]

“Push me!”
“Shove you!”

*name the movie…*

Post Posted: Mon May 21, 2012 7:06 am 

simply put: did he do said things in our kingdom? Not really. Is another Kingdom asking us to uphold their ban? not really. So I really think this is a non issue, untill he does something here.

"Passion overrules Reason" wizard's rule #3 of the Terry Goodkind series "Sword of truth"

Post Posted: Mon May 21, 2012 9:35 am 

Thee wrote:
Question on item one first...... If we remove the RGK do it void our side of the lease that we have with Tanglewood? I ask this because I was informed that we agreed to have an active entity that is dedicated to the sole purpose of improving and maintaining our leased part?

No, our lease does not require a dedicated maintenance entity.

Post Posted: Mon May 21, 2012 9:51 am 

To clarify some of what was said. Raban did not have authority by security to remove the individual from his camp.

The issue here is that Kenta's stance is what happens all across Amtgard. If it didn't happen here, we should ignore it. If the person has buddies in his home Kingdom and they decide not to ever punish the behavior, we should turn a blind eye. I used to be the same way. But there are too many IK events where violence is happening. There is too much travel and cross kingdom play for us to keep sitting by idle while players continue to assault others.

I have talked to Monarchs and players from multiple kingdoms at this point and a large number of them are in favor of a more inclusive stance on violence in our game, including an Amtgard wide policy.

CK did put him on a 3 month suspension followed by 1 year of probation. If there is an incident in that time, they will place a 5 year ban on him.

I just wish people hadn't waited over a month to post about this so we could have had a dialogue.

Puppet Master of the EH

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Announcements » Archives