Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Announcements » Archives

Post subject: question about presence.
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:42 am 

Okay. Here is the scenario... I have presence. A healer on the opposing team casts pro magic. How does presence effect the person with promag on? Presence is a neutral spell so it doesn't target anyone specifically.

Humbly asking,
Master Xenhei of Midnight Rain

Post Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:17 pm 

Pro magic would have no impact on presence.

Puppet Master of the EH

"Of course you are Forest. You're like the Mr. Burns of EH." - Finn

(insert titles and awards here)

Post Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:22 pm 

xarasfox wrote:
I've a question concerning the wizard side of the house... Back in the day, I don't know how many rule sets have passed in the last 9 years, Wiz had Lich. I see it was removed from the spell list as is Reincarnate, etc. The DUA 8.1 (gotten from the EH library page) references those very spells still on page 8.

"Examples of Summoning Magic are Transform, Reincarnate, and Lich. As per the
rules of play, Summoning Magic must appear on the Magic List for a player’s class, and the player must be of appropriate level to choose that Magic."

What gives with this? Is it still possible for spell slingers to summon/transform interesting body guards or has that gone the way of the dodo? I'd love to be able to Lich again... it was very interesting.

The DUA is actively being rewritten right now, and there are MASSIVE changes, it is slated to be released by the end of the year. Remember, however, that the reeve can include any monster that they wish to in a scenario.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:34 am 

So I have a question regarding a Barbarians Berserk...

IF the Barbarian goes berserk during battle and is killed and REVIVED By a Healer/Monk. Would that berserking barbarian stay berserked as if it were an enchantment?

The quesiton would be. would a Barbarian stay in berserk mode if he were ressurrected?

I know in the rule book it states that when you are ressurrected you keep ALL Enchantments that are on you. And being that Berserk is an "enchantment' That a Bard can give would it not also be safe to say that the Barbarians version of Berserk is an enchantment? So would that barbarian still be berserked if he were ressurrected?

"A man who stands alone, dies alone."

Post Posted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:03 am 

yes. this is why you resurrect berserk barbars.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:00 am 

Are you sure on that? I read the rules and it lists berserk as a once a game non magical ability. We used to run the perma berserk barbar by ressing them on their last life, but that would only work with the old wording of "berserks on last life" wouldn't it?

Post Posted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:36 am 

Resurrect says "The person is alive again, negating the last death." If you were berserk when you died, and the death is negated, you are still Berserk. Just like if a warrior improved his shield, then died and was then ressed, his shield is still improved.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:28 pm 

2011 CoM Rules Clarifications

WEAPONS

2. (GV) Can weapons other than staves have striking surfaces on opposite ends of the weapon (i.e. "butt spikes")?

Result:

Yes: So long as the "butt spike" meets all weapon legality requirements, there are no restrictions that preclude it, and it has traditionally been allowed. Many madus in particular have this design.

ARMOR

3. (EH) Can armor be rated at 7 points?

Result:

No

SUBDUAL SPELLS

5. (RW) Can a player affect himself with his own Subdual spells?

Result:

Yes: Rules of Magic Number 2 indicates that unspecified immunities do not exist. There is nothing in the rules to suggest that a caster is immune to his own magics, therefore he may be affected by his own subdual spells.

SUBDUAL SPELLS AND DEATH

6a. (IM) Does a poisoned player who is subsequently affected by a subdual spell (entangle, iceball, petrify, sleep, etc.) die at the expiration of his poison count?

Result:

Yes: Poisoned players die if not cured in a 100 count, a subdual spell does not cure them and they therefore die at the expiration of the poison count.

6b. (IM) If yes to part a., does the subdual spell continue to affect the dead player? Meaning if I die while entangled, am I unable to be affected in any way until the expiration of my entangle count?

Result:

No: Death allows the player to move freely, and go to nirvana, so dead players are no longer affected by subdual spells.

6c. (IM) Can a dead player who has remained on the field be the target of subdual spells, thus protecting them from other effects?

Result:

No: Death allows the player to move freely, and go to nirvana, so dead players are not able to be affected by subdual spells.

7. (IM) Does truth require the target to answer the question immediately and verbally such that it would cause him to interrupt an incantation?

Result:

No(a): The target is compelled to answer the question asked by the caster of truth, as written in the spell description. Because magic takes effect immediately upon being cast, the target must answer immediately, but the target is not required to answer verbally, so long as he is understood. For example, the target may respond by nodding("yes)", shaking their head("no"), or shrugging their shoulders("I don't know"), or they may use another medium entirely, such as writing down the answer on paper and showing it to the caster of Truth.

8. (RW) If a player is affected by both a magic or ability that prevents him from moving, such as Hold Person or Earthbind, and Awe/Fear, and the player who affected him with Awe/Fear approaches him, does he have to move away despite being unable to move his feet?

Result:

No: Awe/Fear prevents the target from voluntarily coming within 20 feet of the caster, it does not allow him to ignore, or make him immune to other battlefield effects that force him there.

Protection From Magic and Weapon Enchantments

9a. (WL) If a player has Protection from Magic and Protection from Projectiles are they affected by projectiles enchanted with Magical Projectile?

Result:

Yes: Protection from Magic does not remove Magical Projectile from the incoming projectile, and Protection from Projectiles explicitly does not protect against weapons bearing Magical Projectile.

9b-e. (EH) Does Protection from Magic block the effects of any weapon enchants (other than Imbue Weapon)?

Result:
No: Weapon enchantments affect the weapon, not the player struck by the weapon. Imbue Weapon's effect is a specific exception to this, as noted in its description

CLASS ABILITIES

10. (WL) Can an Assassin use Assassinate on a player who dies from the effect of the Assassin's Poison Weapon?

Result:

Yes: The player's death was caused by the Assassin.

RULES OF MAGIC

11. (BS)For magics/abilities that require the caster to continue touching the target or a specific object but do not specify in what manner, must the caster continue touching the subject with a free hand?

Result:

No: Unless the rules specify otherwise, any physical contact is sufficient for the caster to be touching the target.

SPECIFIC MAGICS

12. (RW) Is a player who under the effects of Charm and 'defending themselves if attacked' limited to only blocking and avoiding attacks?

Result:

No: Defending one's self is not limited to avoiding attacks. A charmed player who is attacked may attempt to kill, wound or otherwise disable his attacker.

13. (IM) Does Dance require that the modified spell be completed within the 50 count?

Result:

Yes: Dance specifies that "The spell enhanced by Dance is not cast until the ending phrase is also completed." Therefore the spell and ending phrase must be completed within the required 50 count.

14. (WL) Does a javelin enchanted with the magical projectile enchantment do increased damage when used in melee?

Result:

No: While the spell explicitly allow itself to be cast on a javelin, it specifically says that "the projectile" does additional damage. Because a javelin "counts as a projectile" only when thrown, that is the only time the enchantment has any effect.

15. (GV) Does the Defend enchantment require further explanation on declaration (i.e., what the effect is beyond the base spell)?

Result:

Yes: The requirement to declare what enchantment you are wearing is to provide clarity to an opponent. The bearer of Defend must indicate the specific effect granted by Defend.

16. (BS) Does Plant Door require the caster to continue touching the tree at all times (as opposed to only when casting spells)?

Result:

Yes: The Effect line is a list of effects, one of the effects is that the caster must touch the tree or plant door ends.

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Announcements » Archives