Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills Parks » Park Forums » Mourningwood Glen

Post subject: Re: MWG Family Park
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:36 pm 

Just to throw my two cents into this discussion...
Anyone who knows me... granted not many do... Should know that I do not like kids as a whole. Yet for some reason when Kenta and Crimson's kids take the field, Kodi is amazing as a partner to keep with. Everk is the quietest person in the world. When Kenta and I usually cause the distraction, here is Everk sneaking up behind me to ring the bell.
Again... Simply throwing my two cents in and I am all for the compromises that have been mentioned.

Kid battlegames are an amazing Idea. I think it's awsome, however that would only work for us if we got more kids.

Personally I think it should be a case by case situation. Some kids should not be on the field. However some kids are mature enough to know when they've been hit, to know their classes, and to realize when someone is teaching them.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:04 pm 

Not posting on this topic but I did want discussion on some views being put forth with respect to the constitution. Posted a new topic in off topic section

http://www.amtgard-eh.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1168

Not sure when Texan's became spokespeople for a strong central government, nor when they started feeling that all power should rest in the hands of the executive branch. Wow I miss Reagan with the idea of local control.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:19 am 

Wickett wrote:
Who? Squeak? Inifity? Taldak? all over 14 as per the rulebook

I am sorry to disagree with you, but i just talked to Sir Taldak, and he told me he started at 11. So you're information is not correct.

"Passion overrules Reason" wizard's rule #3 of the Terry Goodkind series "Sword of truth"

Post Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:50 pm 

Eh, I was wrong about Taldak.

I have always acknowleged that there are exceptions to the under 14 rule. That is because I've seen it handled well exactly one time (sorry, I was 10 when Taldak started, don't know how it was handled). That was Kestral. He is the exception that I have seen. I have yet to see it handled the same since. I think it was wrong of you (and the other parents, I know you weren't the only one) and the monarch to allow children to enter a kingdom level tourney.

You can call me names, call my husband at midnight, or whatever. I might cry a little...

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:51 pm 

Wuss.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:21 pm 

Because of hateful/spiteful comments, what the kids were asking for was lost in the background. So let me say it here for one more time. They want to fight in park day games, under the direct supervision of their parents. The one or two tourneys that were entered were because they have never fought a real live stickjock and wanted to learn the difference. Now they know. Was it a mistake, in hindsight....probably. Maybe it could have been handled differently. MAYBE, someday, some swordknight/stickjock will be willing to take the wouldbe warrior off to the side and work with him, much like what what was done with Kestral in the early days. On the other hand....did ANY of those kids in the tourney/ditchfield at a kingdom day at their park, sluff you or cheat in any way? NO THEY DID NOT. So put that in your collective pipes. They (kids) behaved better in a tourney than some adults that entered the same day.

"Passion overrules Reason" wizard's rule #3 of the Terry Goodkind series "Sword of truth"

Post Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:52 pm 

A good number of those hateful, spiteful comments came from you.
The children don't need to cheat to not be ready for a kingdom level tourney. You couldn't see that.
The monarch made a ruling. You can continue to bitch about it or be proactive and provide them something to do.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:58 pm 

LOL...actually ROFLMAO

none of the hatefull spiteful comments came from me. Most of the proposed compromises came from me. Most of the discussions with ALL OF THE PARENTS INVOLVED came from me. Did i call morgan a liar...yep, truth hurts....Demos and Cyn were told the same thing, so i got witnesses.

In fact the only spiteful comment made is where You started this by calling the kids an "infestation"...as a mother how would you feel if someone called Lex that? Just read over the entire thread..and yep...no hateful spiteful comments. Again, just so you know and to show true colors...not arguing, merely correcting.

But personally, i dont think you will ever admit your are in the wrong as well....not in you or spar's makeup.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:28 pm 

heh, I've said worse about my kid.
I don't think I'm wrong. You, Kenta, are most certainly not going to convince me otherwise.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:46 am 

Kenta RedHawk";p="6554 wrote:
LOL...actually ROFLMAO

none of the hatefull spiteful comments came from me.

Quote:
Again reeeeeaaalll slow for YOU Spar

Quote:
I like the idea of a youth group in amtgard, but that has already been shot down by the powers that be. SO Trinnia, when you set up the kids quest better make sure there is no combat.

Quote:
"why the particular outrage? All of a sudden? I think not. again for the slow learners....these kids have been playing for 1 to 2 years.

So you are telling me that the state of Calfornia is in the wrong for allowing same sex marriages after President said aint gonna happen? Wow, maybe someone should tell them huh?

Quote:
But personally, i dont think you will ever admit your are in the wrong as well....not in you or spar's makeup.

Kenta RedHawk wrote:
Most of the proposed compromises came from me.

Quote:
As for out of the box adaptations: An idea was raised and supported by the kingdom champ. but was diavoed by the regent and nothing has been heard of by the monarch.

so now we go to option 2: we have been asked to hold kids games seperate, but this too is in violation of the mandate, as there can be no combat by under 14 kids.

so option 3: i have talked to several of the kids invovled and asked them to take a reeves test.

so option 4: have the kids page. I dont feel this to be viable as picking up after someone else gets real old real fast.

so option 5: have other things for kids to do, ie arts and crafts etc. the kids have a desire to fight and play in battlegames.

so option 6: no kids at the park not an option as this will make the parents leave to.

Puppet Master of the EH

"Of course you are Forest. You're like the Mr. Burns of EH." - Finn

(insert titles and awards here)

Post Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:53 am 

You have beem inflamitory. And you made proposals and then shot them down at the same time. All before the Monarch had reviewed the requests and made his decision.

Yes others have been hateful, but to say that you have done nothing from spite, and that you honestly searched for compromise is not true.

You were angry, and felt that an unjust decision was made. You reacted to that and in defense of your family and friends when others disagreed with you. But you did get out of line. Beyond the spiteful comments quoted above you also added in to the accusations that Spar brought #50 bow on the field. Somethign he refuted and asked for proof or an appology. Neither was provided.

Point is: No one has been playing nicely aboutthis and we need to realize we are the adults. A ruling was made and amended and >14 can engage in compabt with oter >14 and may still partake of any other aspect of the game (except holding certain offices as noted in the corpora).

So let's move past the "Well I don't like you" stage and just play the game.

Puppet Master of the EH

"Of course you are Forest. You're like the Mr. Burns of EH." - Finn

(insert titles and awards here)

Post Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:10 pm 

I agree with forest quit the mud slinging lets move one and play the game Morgan made the call there is nothing that any of us do about it short of having him removed from office but hey then again if we do that there has to be some one who wants that crown and if i am not mistaken no one ran against him and if the replacement king or queen makes the same call you are again SOL short of having that person removed so lets just play the danm game and if you don't like the ruling Morgan made run for monarch and change it next reign but untill then lets play the game and make special time and consideration for the kids

~Exile

Post Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:07 am 

Sir Forest, I couldn't agree with you more. Lets put aside all of the personal issues and focus on the positives.
Morgan has issued his revision and we (the one's pro kids) are working with and within his guidelines. That i believe is all that needs to be said.

Board index » Emerald Hills Parks » Park Forums » Mourningwood Glen