Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills Parks » Park Forums » Mourningwood Glen

Post Posted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:02 am 

Everlast has planned out the theme and activities personally. i know it is a viking theme and he plans to invade all the parks during his reign with ES being the base for his Viking Horde.

He even plans to allow each park to plan a "home field advantage" but I do not have details yet. Once I do, I will ask Everlast to let me post them.

As always, it is encouraged for park monarchs to add to the theme and plan activities between parks to increase daily attendance for bigger/ better battlegames." - Forest Evergreen.

dunno when it's gonna be our turn....but better to prepare now right? So what we got? We got a sword knight and an archer...yep i think we can take them.

"Passion overrules Reason" wizard's rule #3 of the Terry Goodkind series "Sword of truth"

Post Posted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:55 am 

Home park advantage, woods, terrian, we wolf tactic the vikings and send them swimmin back to valhalla. :shock:
I dunno if any of the old school from past park wars will support then glen anymore. We might be facing the Glens first defeat. We do have a lot of relics. We have noobs, and kids, (tee hee) Maybe you should encourage the new peeps to make armour.

The first glen win was when we had walls and held the doors with seige weapons and bows and poles. Nev tried to jump the wall and proved he is not cooler than jackie chan.
The second time we were invaded, scytale lead the troops to a victory in the half woods, charging in time and time again to crush the outlanders.
What will this invasion have? Who will be the hero and who will have the best stories?
Who reads these boards except me?

Stay tumed.

If at first you dont succeed, Dick Stab the guy that does,,,,

Post Posted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:03 am 

I will be more than happy to come up to MWG and lend my
sword to the cause if 'll would like i think i might be able to
bring a couple more people with me

Post Posted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:34 pm 

Thank you exile, Numbers are needed. Armour, arrows, poles, and spears and in demand . Rally those loyal to you and yours and head south , to Mourningwood Glen. Shade and water till the dream ends , Exile.

Who else shall muster the courage to stand with MWG? A pity to see the viking horde repelled by the goblin horde . Will Dream Killer send the shock troops to burn the woods down? Will the Dark Lord send his Lions to kill the sheep who call MWG home? Will the dread Pirate Lords set their sails to plunder our shire?

Post Posted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:33 pm 

If i survive the Midnight Sun raid you will have a Barbarian helping you

Post Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:51 am 

Wish I could make it out that direction more often .. but whatwith gas, yadda yadda ..

Still .. I'm making a new 8' pole, and will have the DiP until coronation .. and I think I have a few Wizard credits .. so I'll definitely be in the neighborhood for a viking beat-down. :-)

Post Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:12 pm 

Excellent. The vikings will be hard pressed to find such loyalties as the Glen produces. And that adds to our relic count. Kenta, when are we to expect the attack? Who have you pressed into service to bolster our numbers?

"Soon comes the day all shall be free
even you, even me
Soon comes the day all shall die
Surely you, but never I "

Post Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:14 pm 

no calender has been posted yet (to my knowledge) I think they are starting in the AR/OK parks and moving south.....this would put us in about the middle.....

"Passion overrules Reason" wizard's rule #3 of the Terry Goodkind series "Sword of truth"

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:56 am 

I will simply point to the finders keep messages regarding the same subject being discussed here. The offer is on the table.

Master Kofka

Post Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:10 am 

Sir Avatar from Kings Point has offered support to the Glen and asks the same for them.
I believe that having numbers against the vikings will help. But we must be well equiped to stand fast. Inform your troops that armour , even low point armour , will be needed and archers are to have bundles ready for the fight. We dont know the size or the condition of the viking army, so counter intelligence is needed. Kenta , your informants of Daes' demar must be contacted. We will need a hero to stand behind as well. People rally to a leader in hard times. Kenta, use your contacts to convince Sir Clu to take charge. Many of the Western Gate will gladly follow him to the Pit of Doom .

Post Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:58 am 

so here are the rules of engagement:
The kingdom will provide:
v An invasion force of “Viking Invaders” led by Kongurer (King) Everlast and his personal guard.
v Mock-up “Viking ship” and “Church” (or town hall) for bases
v Rules:
· Home and Invader bases each start with 10 minuets on the burn clock.
· Any game fire can start the base burning process.
· The “fire” can be beaten out in 10 consecutive seconds by actively smacking the base with a weapon or shield.
· A fire strike to the base during an attempt to put the fire out ends the current count and starts a new minimum 10 seconds of burn time.
· Fire damage to bases cannot be repaired.
· Unchecked fire burns until out of fuel (minuets of burn time).
· First team to “burn down” the opposing team’s base wins (open to instant re-matches turning into best three out of fives)
v Home field advantage (described below)

The park will provide a Village (Barony) or Settlement (Shire) populace and local terrain to invade:
v Utilize or play-up natural features and obstacles like rivers, canyons, forests.
v Determine and clearly mark (as necessary) or designate terrain, fortifications, walls.

General Notes:
v No killing terrain allowed.
v Siege weapons welcome.
v Creatively appropriate throwing weapons encouraged such as rocks, iron pans, rolling pins…
v Children’s activities/participation negotiable… speak to the Regent about age appropriate scenario enhancements.
v What feeble gods you worship or where you think we came from does not matter… we’ll sail in, conquer, and burn it down!

See the Kingdom Calendar on the EH webpage for invasion dates.
we are slated for Nov 9th for our invasion date.
===============================

Post Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:03 am 

so for resources we have:
a Saint (CLu the muse)
a sword knight
an archer
bunch of relics (not talking about Nev or Trinity)
the Goblin horde (tm)
and Arcie (who hits like a girl)

should we ask for their surrender now?

Post Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:31 pm 

As wity as you think you are ,,,,, you are not. (pffttt) THEY will have forces of vikings looking to finnally defeat the Glen. They will have seige weapons and shock troops in armour that shines and blinds the foes. They will have the Might of the Holy Green Dragon . They will have the scourge of the seas, EVERLAST THE ALMIGHTY. With his pole arm he lovingly calls "CRUSHER" They will have the forces of the north lands to punish the western gate for its arrogance against Dream Killer's last reign.
Meet me in Tel'aran'rhiod , somewhere near Giran , so we can discuss how best to use our small forces against this giant that moves south. Right now we are HG vs CD/NM/HaG/Eng/Leg :cry:

Post Posted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:28 pm 

Sorry Guys, but unless they move the date.. a large number of the MWG population will not be there that weekend. The date was on the flyers that were handed out at coronation. I have no idea why why would schedule it on top of our C.L.A.S.S. Weekend.

Board index » Emerald Hills Parks » Park Forums » Mourningwood Glen