Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills Parks » Park Forums » Mourningwood Glen

Post Posted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:28 pm 

An Ork and Goblin army is laying siege to Midnight Sun, please send whatever help you are able to spare.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:20 pm 

Elder Vermilion";p="7839 wrote:
An Ork and Goblin army is laying siege to Midnight Sun, please send whatever help you are able to spare.

The sheriff of Mourningwood Glen looks over the message, turns to Gavvin and asks "Have you ever heard of an Ork?"

"No, mi lord, indeed I have not". Naturally the anti-paladin smirked along with the sheriff (Clu), who was also going through his time as an anti-paladin. Both laughed realizing Elder's spelling of the monster race was in fact off, but decided to follow through on this.

Drafting a letter (with some laughter) and sending by carrier pigeon Elder got back the following message,

"Midnight Sun,

I am sure that we can help with you the goblin part of the invasion, however, since we have yet to encounter an ORK I am not entirely sure we can help in such a matter. Please identify this Ork race you speak of, or you are welcome to stay at Mourningwood Glen till the invasion passes.

In Service,

Sir Clu Da'Bard
@}>--'--,------------"

Post Posted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:26 am 

Sir Clu as i have been away from my home almost a month now i did not know about the invasion but i am sure that our friend Elder intended to say not [strike]ork[/strike] but Orc

Post Posted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:59 pm 

Clu laughs when he receives the message via carrier pidgeon and realizes that he has given folk at Midnight Sun their due in teasing. He writes back by pidgeon,

"What have your scouts found out about the invading force, and when do you need us to form up there? We heard reports of Vikings, are you sure these Orc' are not just scarry costumed Norse men?"

With that he wraps up the tiny message, packs it in the Pigeon talon's message ring, and releases the bird into the air eastward toward the midnight sun.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:16 pm 

The Pigeon wings its way to MS, several hungry goblins and Orcs try to shoot down a snack but alas their aim was off. The watchman that greets the bird brings the message to the Officers planning their defense.

"Finally someone responded. MWG isn't too far away perhaps they can arrive in time. Tell them we will muster forces for as long as we can, starting this week. As soon as we can put together a strong enough force we will attempt to reconnoiter the Warband. Once we know its true strength and composition we can develop our plan of attack, or at least our best defense."
A wizards nods and leaves to send the message magically to MWG.

((This week and maybe next week the reinforcements have to fight their way to MS, depending on how those go will determine the course of the Battlegames for September. This Invasion battlegame story arc will run till Monster bash on October 25th. The viking invasion works really well into our RP, as the Orcish Army depletes the defenders available to repel the Viking invaders, or a solid defeat will allow MS to send a large number of troops to support the other parks.))

Post Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:48 am 

*Notice - This entire post is based off the fact that I am going to be able to make it down this weekend and something else doesn't stop me from going.

Another carrier pigeon arrives from Finders Keep. "A small scouting party will soon be sent from Finders Keep. Unfortunately with the impending invasion from the north it is unlikely that we will be able to maneuver a sizable force to assist, but we will send what we can as soon as the initial preperations are done. Hopefully they will be sent out within the week."

*In a stroke of strange humor I found out I am working Saturday about 20 minutes after this post. Edited to change to next weekend.

Last edited by Mordus on Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:55 pm 

Ice looks at kenta in the Dream world that all wolves use to communicate with. A grin shown on his face, but his eyes remained cold and untouched.
"all these dam pigeons flying back and forth , and no one knows a thing about the Horde"
Kenta just shakes his head a little. "And none of them know about the dream world. If I can shake the pups, would you want to trip up the river to Finders Keep?"
"Sure. I havent been there in a while. Do we have any wolves up there.?And not the bloody wolf pack. Real wolves. "
Kenta changes his appearance with a thought . A great deal can be done in the dream world by just thinking it true. He changes from a wolf to a human in red and black, a short sword on his hip and a flask on the other. A scarf hangs around his neck, a veil that can be quickly attached to cover all but his eyes. " I think that I have a few eyes and ears in the FK that I can nudge"
"Anyone worth the trip?"
Kenta bends and puts a fist to the ground, "race ya"
In a blink kenta is gone, bounding from hilltop to hilltop .Ice rises from the meal he has been mawing with his wolf snout. " I guess that means yes lil brother."
Ice leaps into the air and speads huge wings out as his form becomes a mammoth hawk, red with touches of grey in his head feathers. Razor sharp talons carry a chunk of the deer with him as he speeds north in the dream world.

If at first you dont succeed, Dick Stab the guy that does,,,,

Post Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:14 pm 

"I fear that Midnight Sun will not be ready for the VIkings in time. All the cities of the EH are struggling to aquire arms and armsmen to defend themselves."
Kenta leaned back against his favorite oak tree and tapped his chin. A serious look crossed his face, his eyes stone cold. Then, like a summer rain shower, a smile washed his cold demeanor away.
"Rats !!"
Ice hung his head down, shaking it slowly. Lifting his hat up just enough to reveal his eyes , he gave his brother a smirk.
"That again? Dont you think we should come up with something new?"
"Mice? Squirrels? " kenta said playfully. " No, rats piss vikings off. Hell , rats piss everyone off. We get a few replication spells to mass produce the rats again, like we did against McFadden, and have them explode on a couple viking ships. "
"How will that help Midnight Sun?" Ice asked.
"We send the rats in cargo marked MWG. The rats sneak into the hold, replicate, explode, and MourningWood gets blamed. They will change course and beat a path to us for revenge. "
"Your sick, KR, just frigging bloody twisted"
"Yeah,, I know"

If at first you dont succeed, Dick Stab the guy that does,,,,

Board index » Emerald Hills Parks » Park Forums » Mourningwood Glen