Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills Parks » Park Forums » Mourningwood Glen

Post Posted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:07 pm 

I wish to give a heartfelt thanks to those who agreed to help my park with the challenges that I placed before them by teaching Art or Science classes, taking pictures, helping others with their A&S or service projects, and bringing service and A&S contributions to the attention of the park Monarchy. Keep up the good work for the future Park and Kingdom Monarchy.

While no one completed all three challenges there were some populace members that came close and I'd like to recognize their efforts.

Lord Asmodius - Roses and an Owl, Nelwyn - a Rose and Garbers, Rogue - a Rose and a Garber - Lord Sieg Wulfe- a Dragon and a Smith, Yeti Stormgale- a Rose and a Dragon.

Others who, also, came close but, because they have been in the game too long and had earned more than a Shire could bestow, were given different challenges.

Sir Gavvin Quinn, 1st Bt. taught an A&S class and had completed parts one and two of the challenge. Sir Qintahr Woodhelven taught an A&S class, had completed parts one and two of the challenge, and earned a rose. Duke Sir Goodwyn Clu earned a Lion, served as Sheriff and co-taught an A&S class. Baron Kenta Redhawk, Esq. earned an Owl, Garbers, served as pro-tem Champion, and taught an A&S class.

As I stepped down this past weekend, I issued another challenge, this time to all future Regents of any park in the kingdom. I challenge you all to make the position of park Regent an active one and not one where you just sit back and give awards to your friends OR only to people who enter A&S competitions and then earn your title at the end of the reign for doing almost nothing. Your job is or will be to promote Arts and Sciences. Every park has talent... whether it is realized and that individual can teach others... or it is, as of yet, unrealized potential and all they need is a nudge or some assistance. My work was not in teaching all the classes myself. In fact, I only co-taught one of them (and only because that instructor was ill and it was a subject of which I have knowledge) but in going out of your way to learn about the talents of members of your park or even those outside your park but who are willing to come to your park to teach. Also, keep a sharp eye out for completed projects so you can comb the ORK to see if you are able to give an award that reflects the quality of the work done (that is IF your Chancellor/PM are doing their job...loving my park PM more each week, Crimson!!!). Do not wait for a competition; look every weekend and at events. Ask your populace to point out the accomplishments of others, then, after you verify the details... consider giving an award or, at the very least, an "atta boy". If someone expresses interest in a subject, it is your job to help them make a connection with an expert in that subject so that they can pursue it and see if it is for them (a good reason to have park A&S GM's). The first, and perhaps the second, orders of any of the Service and A&S awards should be handed out like candy because it takes very little effort to do the quality of a first order. Of course, progressive orders take more effort and that should be reflected in the awarding of the higher orders. The first few orders help them "get their feet wet" in determining their contribution to your park, the kingdom, and, indeed, Amtgard as a whole and grant them encouragement to continue.

After what I witnessed during my reign, I am willing to say that Mourningwood Glen is, perhaps, one of the most talented parks when it comes to Service, Leadership, Arts, and Sciences.... and that talent is among the most diverse that I see in any park in the Kingdom, today. I am even more proud to have served the populace of Mourningwood Glen and, now, to serve along side. Make our new regent work. Give her reasons to issue awards. All of us have it in us, as evidenced during my term. Congratulations to all whose efforts were recognized and Good Luck in the future.

Lady Stormdancer, 1st Btss.
Former Regent of Mourningwood Glen
*hugs to all of my park!*

Post Posted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:44 pm 

*cough*aHEM*cough*

Board index » Emerald Hills Parks » Park Forums » Mourningwood Glen