Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills Parks » Park Forums » Mourningwood Glen

Post Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:15 pm 

To the Populous of Mourningwood Glenn,

Though not always possible, I try to make it a policy to stay out of park business and let most issues be handled internally. I do not agree with the decision to only give ¼ fighter practice credit to those of you who showed up on Jan 9. In my opinion, full-class credit should be given to those who signed in on that day. Although I do not agree with Crimson’s decision, I will uphold her decision—based on the following.

It appears that it is normal procedure for MWG, and has been for quite some time, to have alternate location meets or cancel park days altogether. To my knowledge, it has never been challenged and has always been accepted by the populous. It is for this reason alone that I made the decision to uphold the ¼ fighter practice credits. I feel this is an issue that needs to be dealt with on the park level.

Those of you asking for your full credit for Jan. 9th, you do have options here. Make it known to your elected officers if you don’t like this procedure. You can also run for office to make these changes yourself. There’s also the option of moving home parks, or claiming Kingdom.

I do advise MWG’s officers to consider changing this procedure--for sixteen people to show up on a date the park officers decided to cancel activities, shows that there is indeed interest in fighting on those days. Though it does not say specifically in the Corpora, the park officers do not have to be present in order for a park day to take place. If the Champion doesn’t show up, someone else picks up the slack and holds a battlegame—same goes if the PM doesn’t show up, someone takes the responsibility to do a sign-in sheet and then delivers it to the PM later.

Going forward, I would like to see everyone get full credit for showing up and signing in on scheduled park days—regardless of weather or events that may keep others from attending. I have no doubt this can be worked out to benefit everyone involved.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:17 pm 

This has never been an issue before, in that when a park day is canceled...NO ONE SHOWS UP. These things are announced well before hand, its not a last minute decision.

IF the "official" (coined during Sir Morgan's reign) day is canceled, or ended....then that is not MWG. Its not like there are not a bunch of other parks to go to in the EH....the day in question, KP/ES was absolutely beautiful (ie no rain/freezing temps)

So with the reasoning posted by the EHPM, I could take 3 people to any park in Arlington (of which there are hundreds) and recieve full class credits for MWG?....or even show up at Veteran's park on a Sunday (obviously not MWG's meeting time)?

the 1/4th warrior credits were a compromise made to appease the people who showed...normaly if no one is there..no one gets credits. The PM has no way of knowing who showed, who actually wore garb, or if there was a battlegame...only word of mouth. The people who showed were mostly first and second week newbies (so the PM didn't recognize names) one high profile (Sir Brennon) who is not in the loop on park stuff, and one or two regulars who knew better.

The only reason this is being an issue, is that some people decided to whine to the EHPM, instead of asking their PM what was going on.

"Passion overrules Reason" wizard's rule #3 of the Terry Goodkind series "Sword of truth"

Post Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:53 pm 

Kenta RedHawk";p="9963 wrote:
This has never been an issue before, in that when a park day is canceled...NO ONE SHOWS UP. These things are announced well before hand, its not a last minute decision.

IF the "official" (coined during Sir Morgan's reign) day is canceled, or ended....then that is not MWG. Its not like there are not a bunch of other parks to go to in the EH....the day in question, KP/ES was absolutely beautiful (ie no rain/freezing temps)

So with the reasoning posted by the EHPM, I could take 3 people to any park in Arlington (of which there are hundreds) and recieve full class credits for MWG?....or even show up at Veteran's park on a Sunday (obviously not MWG's meeting time)?

the 1/4th warrior credits were a compromise made to appease the people who showed...normaly if no one is there..no one gets credits. The PM has no way of knowing who showed, who actually wore garb, or if there was a battlegame...only word of mouth. The people who showed were mostly first and second week newbies (so the PM didn't recognize names) one high profile (Sir Brennon) who is not in the loop on park stuff, and one or two regulars who knew better.

The only reason this is being an issue, is that some people decided to whine to the EHPM, instead of asking their PM what was going on.

The scenario you came up with about showing up on an off park day or showing up to some other location other than the designated MWG are not even apart of the discussion and are completely other matters that are handled with common sense.

The matter at hand is that people who play at this park every week(noob or not this is their home park) show up and don't get a credit because someone thought 42-47 degrees was a lethal threat. Dressing in a couple layers is more than sufficient and people were shedding layers after ditching for a short time. Obviously no one that showed up had any clue about this policy and I think the fact that other parks dont do this is a cue that it is not the norm. And from past experience we typically try to keep things consistent from park to park. If I attend a park out of kingdom I should get appropriate credit for that.

Quote:
B. In the Emerald Hills, we have the privilege of being able to play Amtgard on
both Saturday and Sunday. Our credit system is set up for a person to be
able to (normally) earn a maximum of 1¼ credits in their chosen class per
weekend. Those who attend Amtgard on both days will receive 1 (one) full
credit for one day and ¼ (one-quarter) credit for the other day. Full credit
award breakdowns are listed in the following table:
Credit / Class / Reason
1 / Any class played / First regular gaming day of a week
¼ / Any class played / Second regular gaming day in a week

Edit: Removed averages since it doesnt really pertain.

There should have never been a need for a compromise. To everyone that showed up and participated it was a normal park day. After the sign-in sheet was given to the PM that should have been the end of it. If she truly felt like it was faked or whatever there were other people that could verify it. Again this is not a personal agenda, I don't want the PM job I just had questions about how a particular credit day was being handled because it seemed very odd to me.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:38 am 

Kenta RedHawk";p="9963 wrote:

No, I don't think I gave that implication in my post at all. Based on the information on the MWG park info page: "Mourningwood Glen meets in Arlington, Texas at Veterans Park on Saturdays, around 11 a.m. to 3 p.m." THAT is where you will go if you want credit. I never said to show up on a Sunday, or take a group to a non-Amtgard and try to get credit.

Board index » Emerald Hills Parks » Park Forums » Mourningwood Glen