Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills Parks » Park Forums » Mourningwood Glen

Post subject: Mah Birthday
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:20 am 

So Jan the 8th is mah birthday so ya'll know. I'm comin out bringing the gang which is like 6 people but that's as much as I can fit in my car. Just lettin everyone know I will be a quarter of a century old... -.- Man I feel old...

"A man who stands alone, dies alone."

Post subject: Re: Mah Birthday
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:35 am 

ShinSamqua wrote:
Just lettin everyone know I will be a quarter of a century old... -.- Man I feel old...

[smilie=icon_rolleyes.gif]

Shit... I see your 1/4 century and raise you another 1/4 century.

If you think you feel old now.... just wait. Cuz its only going to get worse. I may of not been the first on the field on the 1st. And I may have not been the last on the field that day either. But I was on the field. The rest of you young whipper snappers need to stay out of my yard. Don't make me come off my porch and rub your face in the dirt! [smilie=icon_evil.gif]

[smilie=icon_cool.gif]

Post Posted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:13 am 

Oh hell ...that makes me older too. When you get on the field, but your knees, joints, aches and pains make you think twice before you get the pain killers, heat rub, before AND after ...but you do it anyways ...you'll know what old is;) And being 25 was fun, now I just have to work to forget just HOW long ago that was ...lol.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:54 am 

25? Lets see... I think I can remember 25. Its all pretty much a blur and yet...

That was a year of crotch rockets, White Rock Lake burn-outs, excess firearms, ultimate frisbie games, seeing Pantara in Dallas bars, and partys in and on 6th street in Austin. There would also be a number of "I don't remember her name, But I do remember her..." days.

Ahh.. those were the days. But the nights were so much better.

None of you have any idea. Well maybe a few of you do?

[smilie=icon_cool.gif]

Post Posted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:05 am 

Hey, Nev.

I'm pretty sure Rex Brown came into my work and picked up his meds. Couldn't be certain, but I was pretty into Pantera growing up.

Happy New Year's Sir.

Nettle

Post Posted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:36 am 

Back in the mid-80's a bunch of my transplanted friends from EP and myself use to hit the clubs here in the DFW area a lot. We would spend Friday night in a couple FTW clubs and than spend Saturday night in some clubs in Dallas. (the Ritz, and the Basement mostly but there were some others) I was lucky enough back then to see the band in various clubs when they were still doing cover songs. At least twice a night they would break off into one of their own songs and the crowd on the dance floor would fade away and the only people left standing were the early headbangers. Between sets one of the chicks we hung out with (shout out to Sally Rose!!) would work her cute little blonde girl ass into the crowd (with us in her wake) around the band in the parking lot and soon we would be sharing high times with the band.

Years later I ran into a couple of the members at a motorcycle shop in Arlington and while they had no recall of the few times we all shared a couple hits, they were still very cool and didn't act like the famous people they were. I guess I should of asked them for autographs and crap like that but I was (and still am) to cool to do that.

Ahhh... those were the days. [smilie=icon_cool.gif]

Post Posted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:15 am 

Yeah well I still feel old. I have a bad back which makes it pretty hard for me to participate in amtgard fights. -.-. But yeah you are pretty old hahaha. You still move like you are young you should at least know that.

"A man who stands alone, dies alone."

Board index » Emerald Hills Parks » Park Forums » Mourningwood Glen