Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills Parks » Park Forums » Mourningwood Glen

Post subject: MWG gets banned???
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:47 pm 

So in reading the BOD minutes a member in good standing (and anonymous ) has asked the BOD to ban MWG. Really?
Ban a park? Why not move it like MS? Or rename it on fourms like dragonshire? Ban a park? I wonder what that entails? Anyone claiming MWG gets auto banned? You park is banned therefore the populous is banned? Sorry nevron. You might be the saint of the hills but the ban hammer has struck . Really?
In a game of tag with foam and goofy outfits you believe that your power over people is that awe inspiring?
Will this secret person stand vigil at the Arlington location and restrict anyone in goofy outfits from entering? Secret police notified and FBI teams rush in and haul off suspected grassy knoll wannabe?
I'm a glen player because it's close to home. I also travel. To other parks and other kingdoms. Is your secret member in good standing going to drive 14 hours with me to keep me from bridge wars in RW?
Stupid actions like this are what kills enthusiasm for our game.
Let me think about what a ban on MWG would mean.....
Me and the other 25-30 people can't sign in and get credits for classes.
Me and 25-30 other people can't receive awards.
Can't hold office, can't vote.
1 people with 6th lvl in the class they want don't care and those that care about classes lvl are new enough that a ban will run them off
2 the people that are still hazard about awards are those that are still new enough to be creative and want a 2nd order of the garber
3 all the older players could give 2 shits about office. Only the new care to take that on anymore.
So your total end result is damage to a new player base at a park that is holding good numbers of players.
My opinion is ban the park and see if people stop. I won't. I'll be there when I'm not working. Try and stop me

If at first you dont succeed, Dick Stab the guy that does,,,,

Post subject: Re: MWG gets banned???
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:58 pm 

As a member of the BOD ....where in the heck did you get this from? The statement was a request to pull the MWG contract . As the BOD Secretary I took, typed up those minutes and submitted them for approval to the BOD President. So there IS NO BAN REQUEST, Sir Ice ...please get your facts straight ;)

Post Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:25 pm 

So "Pulling the MWG Contract" would 'officially' dissolve the park, but not ban it's members from playing elsewhere?

But seriously, is this a publicity stunt? We have solid numbers every week, and we play by the rulebook, etc. It's a pretty normal amtgard park.

Also, to whoever brought this up: It's a huge pussy move to try to get a park's contract pulled anonymously and without listing any specific violations.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:32 pm 

Let me correct my facts. Same post and insert " remove MWG contract"
I wonder if this is a ploy to get some people to MS so it doesn't get demoted to shire.....
Friends have said the park pulls 5 people regularly.
I'm headed to spring war. Send the Nazi down or I'll do something crazy........
I might play Amtgard

Post Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:34 pm 

Hence the motion to have things discussed at the April BOD meeting on April 16th and Midnight Sun in Garland at NOON. Anyone is welcome to attend.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:36 pm 

No Sir Ice ...there is no ploy to up MS's numbers....geesh what an imagination you have;)

Post Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:43 pm 

First off Ice MS voluntarily stepped down to shire level about a year or so ago. Second BOD meeting is being held at noon so in all hopes it will be concluded before MS start time of 3 pm. Those that attend the BOD meeting will not count towards park numbers unless folks decide to stay after the meeting and fight

Post Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:10 pm 

You must not have ever met me. My imagination keeps people playing and having fun.

Hey nevron. I'm being evil. Can I join sable pride now?????
^_^

Post Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:14 pm 

As far as I understood, the "Contract Pulling" is a punitive action for undermining the Kingdom's authority. Though harsh, what punishment would be enough to show that the Organization of Amtgard operates under rules, and without them the Kingdom would crumble.

Without a contract, wouldn't MWG simply become a "Petitioning" park. Credits, but no Awards and scrutiny under the eyes of the Kingdom? I'd hate to see that many players displaced and dissuaded from the game, but what other punishment suits the "crime"?

Spoiler! :
Familiarity, the first myth of reality: What you know the best, you observe the least.
Devotion, the second myth of reality: The faithful are most hurt by the objects of their faith.
Conviction, the third myth of reality: Only those who seek the truth can be deceived.
Fellowship, the fourth myth of reality: As the tides of war shift, so do loyalties.
Trust, the fifth myth of reality: Every truth holds the seed of betrayal.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:19 pm 

Sir Ice ...I met you last year when Ghosttiger and I visited MWG. We were unable to go get something to eat with some of you after park;(

Bravo to your imagination inspiring your park and a big thanks for spending time with Sidoth of Red Storm at MR.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:45 pm 

This is actually funny to me. All this spawned from a certain set of people "members in good standing" getting mad at a player. They complained loud enough and something was done. The punishment was handed out and then wasnt abided by to the letter it was written. Ok, fair enough there i suppose. So another group of "members in good standing", a larger group mind you, called an althing at their park and chose to allow this someone to play at their park. This then infuriated the first group because they felt like they were being worked around and not getting their way. So they filed another official complaint to punish an entire park now for wanting to play with their friend when they thought the original offense and punishment werent just.

I understand that a punishment was broken, said individual has been re-punished for it. However this other group has taken it upon themselves to now attempt to ruin another park to meet out there "justice". Since this certain group came to power I have heard alot of back alley grumbling and people just generally not wanting to be around this certain group as they are attempting to shove their views and opinions down the throats of others.

I havent named any names here as i dont feel that is the right thing to do. However, something needs to be done to prevent anything like this happening again because X person got pissed at Y. X's friends stepped in cause thats what friends do and now Y is going to call the cop's. Given the situation and things that have happened i know exactly what the real cops would tell you.

Also i do know that in all but a very specific set of circumstances people are allowed to face their accuser.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:15 pm 

Gare you are close to being right. The ban was put in place Kingdom wide. MWG opted to take a vote to disegard a ruling made by the Monarch, PM, and GMR. Thus they were in violation of their contract stating they would play by the ROP and abide by the corpora.

It was a foolish move on the part of WMG. They knew they were helping to evade the ban and for it Seal now has an extension on his ban. A populace member noted a complaint against MWG for allowing the ban evasion and by corpora, such complaints now must be handled by the BOD, not the monarch.

For the record, I am hoping the BOD will come to the conclusion that they currently have no need to discuss the removal of MWG's contract. I think that Alby and the park officers at MWG should talk first about the issue and try to come to an agreement.

On a side note, if the contract were to be pulled, it simply means that MWG would have to operate as a freehold and sign a contract with BL. No one would be stopped from playing.

Puppet Master of the EH

"Of course you are Forest. You're like the Mr. Burns of EH." - Finn

(insert titles and awards here)

Post Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:17 pm 

Gare wrote:
Also i do know that in all but a very specific set of circumstances people are allowed to face their accuser.

And so far we don't have one. That's why I say this was a huge "pussy move." Whoever's doing it needs to grow a spine and take responsibility for their actions. And frankly, they need to get a life.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:28 pm 

and once again, the BOD violates US constitution "shall have the right to face their accusers" I think this should be dropped, simply because MWG chose to uphold the US Constitution rather than help the EH violate it (see above, but reflected to the Seal situation)

now on to rational thought instead of passionate. Why kick out the only growing Sat park in the Metroplex? It hurts the Kingdom more than the park.

I implore the BOD to dismiss this and move on to more important matters....Like how exactly do we enforce the "have fun" clause recently added to the Corpora.

"Passion overrules Reason" wizard's rule #3 of the Terry Goodkind series "Sword of truth"

Last edited by Kenta RedHawk on Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:02 pm 

To Sir Ice

and i'll add a photo i snapped of the BOD meeting the other day.

Board index » Emerald Hills Parks » Park Forums » Mourningwood Glen