Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills Parks » Park Forums » Mourningwood Glen

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: MWG gets banned???
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:25 pm 

Wow…!!!
Jerking an entire Park’s Contract over a Seal throwing a Flipper at the wrong person.
Wow…!!!
So, how does that work…?
Can anybody do it…?
Is there a Critical Mass that must be reached…?
A few members “in good standing” vs. an entire Park…?
How does that work again…?
The few get the entire Park’s Contract Jerked…?
Jerk, is certainly the appropriate word in this case.
This should be very interesting… April 16th Ya say…?
Yeah… I’ll be there for That…!!!

See Ya Then…

[smilie=icon_cool.gif]

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:03 am 

I would Like to see exactly which part of our contract was broken... If there is no contract breach then it cant be pulled. It's as simple as that.

Myth Of Reality wrote:
As far as I understood, the "Contract Pulling" is a punitive action for undermining the Kingdom's authority.

I have read our contract and nowhere in there does it say that is grounds for having it pulled.

"I cannot quench your thirst
Because even if you yearn for the truth, you refuse to believe in it.
I cannot quench your thirst
Because no such truth exists that you are in anticipation for.
But I still want to quench your thirst.
Because I am the one the that put you into the desert."
-Frederica Bernkastel

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:08 am 

Virgil,

Again, I agree that pulling the contratc would be an over reaction at this point.

However, by contract you must follow the ROP and the Corpora. The ROP state that the Monrach and PM or GMR may bar (ban) a player from participating. This was done and MWG took a vote and decided not to abide by this decision. That is a violation.

The real issue is that people felt Seal shouldn't have been banned. But instead of trying to work with the Monarchy or discuss it, they chose to ignore the decision and work against it. You have to expect that when you do such things, there can be repercussions.

Puppet Master of the EH

"Of course you are Forest. You're like the Mr. Burns of EH." - Finn

(insert titles and awards here)

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:14 am 

again, Sir Forest you are mistaken. "People" have been trying to work with the Monarch on the Seal banning since the begining....but have been ignored.

"Passion overrules Reason" wizard's rule #3 of the Terry Goodkind series "Sword of truth"

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:58 pm 

Kenta, I'm not sure why you have people in quotes, but whatever works for you.

I would be interested to hear how you have tried to talk to the monarchy about possible options. Also, wasn't the vote at MWG taken in Jan?

Puppet Master of the EH

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:15 pm 

[quote="Forest Evergreen"] "by contract you must follow the ROP and the Corpora. The ROP state that the Monrach and PM or GMR may bar (ban) a player from participating. This was done and MWG took a vote and decided not to abide by this decision. That is a violation.[/quote.

So by that thought process...

When Queen Rein was dealing with her wishy-washy handleing of the her bro Little Zig (the Corsair) incident, and her Company bros (the Corsairs) were hiding Little Zig in their Corsair Camp during the event, does that mean we can ban (bar) the Corsairs?

[smilie=icon_twisted.gif]

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:21 pm 

Nevron wrote:
Forest Evergreen wrote:
"by contract you must follow the ROP and the Corpora. The ROP state that the Monrach and PM or GMR may bar (ban) a player from participating. This was done and MWG took a vote and decided not to abide by this decision. That is a violation.[/quote.

So by that thought process...

When Queen Rein was dealing with her wishy-washy handleing of the her bro Little Zig (the Corsair) incident, and her Company bros (the Corsairs) were hiding Little Zig in their Corsair Camp during the event, does that mean we can ban (bar) the Corsairs?

[smilie=icon_twisted.gif]

oh! please! can we?!

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:08 pm 

Forest Evergreen wrote:
However, by contract you must follow the ROP and the Corpora. The ROP state that the Monrach and PM or GMR may bar (ban) a player from participating. This was done and MWG took a vote and decided not to abide by this decision. That is a violation.

Under the "Combat Notes" section of the ROP (page4)
"A player who consistently breaks game rules, cheats, causes mundane problems with authorities or safety can be barred from the local group or kingdom by joint agreement of the Monarch and either the Prime Minister or the Guildmaster of Reeves of that group."

It was my understanding that certain people thought Seal shouldn't have been banned in the first place because he didn't break any game rules or cause problems with any mundane authorities. The original issue was with a handful of individuals from one park. Authorities have never been brought into the picture, but that could be because certain people involved have tried to keep this contained in game.

It was my understanding that MWG held the "secret" althing because under section V.E.1 of the Corpora "Any decision agreed upon by the Monarch and Prime Minister is law until the next Althing. (A duration of one to seven weeks)". There was never any althing held at a kingdom level and the one to seven weeks time frame was up when they did their "secret" park vote.
Also under V.E.4. "Permanent rule changes must be published and made available to the
general membership. When reasonably possible, the same applies to temporary rule changes". Since Seal's temporary ban/bar/probation was never officially published or made available to the general membership except through word-of-mouth, it's my understanding that certain people from MWG viewed this as a (violation?) of the corpora by the King towards the ban/bar/probation and thus grounds to terminate/ignore said ban/bar/probation.

There was also the headache from the definition of "participate". Section III.B.2.b of the corpora: "'Participate' is defined as attend, sign-in, and interact in accordance to the
nature of the function as determined by the PM or the PM's designated representative." Here is where semantics came heavily into play: Crimson's view point was a more literal adherence to this definition where Forest's view was more encompassing. I never really heard Elder's view on this except a general agreement with Forest.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:32 pm 

i just like how the eh governing body can twist rules into their favor and just a few butthurt people can cry and whine and hug someone's nuts tog et what they want done,despite what something else says.

i vote

1. lift Seal's ban immediately seeings how some people at one park jsut didnt like him and it wasnt related to the game itself nor a legal matter

2. vote into office people that arent part of the axis of retarded

3. grow the fuck up and act like human fucking beings. my rats are more socially coherent that all this bullshit is proving the eh-gov to be.

gg; next map

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:21 pm 

Cyn, you are mixing up your references. The ROP are over, not under the Corpora. Also, since all kingdoms agreed to the COM's ability to govern all rule changes, that part doesn't apply either.

Seal was banned. MWG chose to ignore that. There is no argument there. They knew it went against the Kingdom, they knew it could cause issues, but they did it.

To say otherwise it to twist what happened.

Again, I think BOD intervention at this point is an over reaction and I hope this instead can be resolved between the park and the Kingdom officers.

Puppet Master of the EH

Post Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:42 am 

Kenta RedHawk wrote:
and once again, the BOD violates US constitution "shall have the right to face their accusers" I think this should be dropped, simply because MWG chose to uphold the US Constitution rather than help the EH violate it (see above, but reflected to the Seal situation)

Yeah! What he said!
S

P.S. Fun Facts:
The Confrontation Clause of the Sixth Amendment to the United States Constitution provides that "in all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right...to be confronted with the witnesses against him." Generally, the right is to have a face-to-face confrontation with witnesses who are offering testimonial evidence against the accused in the form of cross-examination during a trial. The Fourteenth Amendment makes the right to confrontation applicable to the states and not just the federal government. The right only applies to criminal prosecutions, not civil cases or other proceedings.

The general who advances without seeking fame and retreats without fearing disgrace, whose only thought is to protect his country and do service for his sovereign, is the jewel of his kingdom. -Sun Wu

Post Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:07 am 

I think Cynisca and Tobias have the straightest answers thus far.
I think Sir Forest is being his usual self… nuff said there.

Bottom line:
No Mundane Authorities… No BOD
Any Monarch worth their salt should see that this entire incident is BS.

And…
You’re missing a primo opportunity for some awesome RP…
“Morning Wood Glen defies the mighty kingdom and Civil War is at hand…”
Game ON…!!!!

just sayin’

[smilie=icon_cool.gif]

Post Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:07 am 

Found on page 1 of the RoP 7.6:

"The rules set forth herein are as detailed and complete as possible, but not all situations can be covered. Common sense and fair play should be used to resolve any problems."

Just posting,
S

The general who advances without seeking fame and retreats without fearing disgrace, whose only thought is to protect his country and do service for his sovereign, is the jewel of his kingdom. -Sun Wu

Post Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:06 am 

Though an RP would be interesting and glorious to watch MWG standing in it's final hours as all the Kingdom crashes down on them like a wave of flame... there are serious issues here.

We'll break this down, Artemis style once more.

~ Seal was bad. No two ways about that.
~ Seal was told not to play by Kingdom. There's a signed piece of paper.
~ MWG decided to secretly vote whether to let Seal play. You don't do something secret unless you know it will get you in trouble.
~ Kingdom finds out. Seal gets more ban time. A light consequence. I hear he accepted it gracefully.
~ Now Kingdom looks at MWG. Even knowing what they shouldn't do... they did it. Like Seal, it's consequence time. If only they could take the consequence as well.

In my opinion, I suggest writing a nice letter to Kingdom. Simply outlining that your behavior was rash, the consequences were not considered fully and that you are sorry. Such a letter would do leaps and bounds for you situation and most likely save your park from permanent dissolution. If such a letter was written well enough (and I were in power), I'd be moved to simply bump MWG to petitioning to the same length that Seal was banned. When time came for Seal to officially to return, Seal and choice members of the park would be brought forward a re-evaluated by the Kingdom.

I personally like this path. It's smoother, both sides get what they want. MWG likes to exist, and Kingdom needs to punish them.

You know what this is? It's a win-win.

Spoiler! :
Familiarity, the first myth of reality: What you know the best, you observe the least.
Devotion, the second myth of reality: The faithful are most hurt by the objects of their faith.
Conviction, the third myth of reality: Only those who seek the truth can be deceived.
Fellowship, the fourth myth of reality: As the tides of war shift, so do loyalties.
Trust, the fifth myth of reality: Every truth holds the seed of betrayal.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:02 pm 

OK, throughout this whole ordeal i have waited to see if common sense and fairness could prevail. I think this was handled poorly from the beginning. But when I read the above post from Myth I thought, "WOW...who is this person who speaks with such hatered for MY PARK?"

Myth, let me break it down for you Asmodius style.
Seal was Seal to the wrong person.
Seal perhaps should have been band from KP.
Seal brought his daughter, who is a member in good standing to MWG.
the "secret Allthing" that everyone speaks of cosisted of a group of people who have known seal for many years saying one day, yea Seal, I know it sucks...noone here today hates you...you can play with us. yea, we are an evil group. sorry. (not everyone was aware of a sighned contract.)

Next, someone tells on Seal for playing. shitstorm happens, and a deal is reached between Seal and the King. end of story? NO. THATS NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!!! lets kill a park...no, we just NEED to punish them. REALLY? Myth, have you been to MWG? Do you know her people? Her history? I do. and let me assure you. We of Mourningwood Glen are proud members of The Kingdom of the Emerald Hills and have been sense you were in diapers I would guess. A punishment to MWG in this particular case will do nothing but hurt the kingdom. is that what you want? I hope not. If KP wants to fight with MWG. lets set up a battlegame and play. let the rest of the kingdom worry about bigger, better things.

see dammit, now you went and made me post. I much prefere face to face communication. Guess I need to come visit KP.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Emerald Hills Parks » Park Forums » Mourningwood Glen