Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills Parks » Park Forums » Mourningwood Glen

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: MWG gets banned???
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:44 pm 

Careful asmo, if you visit KP you will be next on the ban list

Post Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:23 pm 

Question about the next BOD meeting. Was MS chosen as neutral ground for said meeting?

Will MWG members be able to arrange a carpool to said park to hear said issue presented at said park that predominantly concerns them?

Since we're on the topic of items breaching park contracts, will the issue of missing parks records from various parks (again) be brought up as well?

Will a civil "all-parties-involved" pow-wow be feasible?

What does it take to get the point across?
S

The general who advances without seeking fame and retreats without fearing disgrace, whose only thought is to protect his country and do service for his sovereign, is the jewel of his kingdom. -Sun Wu

Post Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:47 pm 

Asmo, I'm not meaning to directly attack MWG in the fashion that you assume. I don't wish to tear it apart. I don't want to damage the heritage of the park. Truly I wish this fiasco had never occurred. I can sure wish in one hand and do whatever the hell I want in the other and the wishing hand will still be empty.

I am truly begging someone to create a punishment suitable for the action taken that will not hurt those that were merely complacent or even voted against defying the Kingdom. I don't want MWG to cease to exist. Choices were made. Foolish choices. Poor choices... and choices like that must be met with consequence.

I'm not all up in arms, wanting MWG torn apart... I honestly can't figure out a punishment that will affect those responsible. Say 10 member in 30 were responsible. How do we find them? Once we find them, what do we do with them? Banning, is far too much. Warning, is laughable. As "Althings" go, it's the populace's choice. So shouldn't the populace be penalized for that choice?

As much as everyone would like for this to all vanish, what comes of that? Flagrant disregard of a Kingdom ruling. Is that not worthy of punishment? If not... then what is?

Spoiler! :
Familiarity, the first myth of reality: What you know the best, you observe the least.
Devotion, the second myth of reality: The faithful are most hurt by the objects of their faith.
Conviction, the third myth of reality: Only those who seek the truth can be deceived.
Fellowship, the fourth myth of reality: As the tides of war shift, so do loyalties.
Trust, the fifth myth of reality: Every truth holds the seed of betrayal.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:32 pm 

Rayel

Post Posted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:07 pm 

Sir Delphos Darkheart wrote:
I think Cynisca and Tobias have the straightest answers thus far.
I think Sir Forest is being his usual self… nuff said there.

Bottom line:
No Mundane Authorities… No BOD
Any Monarch worth their salt should see that this entire incident is BS.

And…
You’re missing a primo opportunity for some awesome RP…
“Morning Wood Glen defies the mighty kingdom and Civil War is at hand…”
Game ON…!!!!

just sayin’

[smilie=icon_cool.gif]

'I'm truly flattered, Sir.
*bow*

Post Posted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:09 pm 

Myth Of Reality wrote:
Asmo, I'm not meaning to directly attack MWG in the fashion that you assume. I don't wish to tear it apart. I don't want to damage the heritage of the park. Truly I wish this fiasco had never occurred. I can sure wish in one hand and do whatever the hell I want in the other and the wishing hand will still be empty.

I am truly begging someone to create a punishment suitable for the action taken that will not hurt those that were merely complacent or even voted against defying the Kingdom. I don't want MWG to cease to exist. Choices were made. Foolish choices. Poor choices... and choices like that must be met with consequence.

I'm not all up in arms, wanting MWG torn apart... I honestly can't figure out a punishment that will affect those responsible. Say 10 member in 30 were responsible. How do we find them? Once we find them, what do we do with them? Banning, is far too much. Warning, is laughable. As "Althings" go, it's the populace's choice. So shouldn't the populace be penalized for that choice?

As much as everyone would like for this to all vanish, what comes of that? Flagrant disregard of a Kingdom ruling. Is that not worthy of punishment? If not... then what is?

so an inquisition?
i just might have to take up arms over a witch-hunt... those are bad...

... unless you're playing warhammer 40k and running witch hunters... but that isnt amtgard... lol

Post Posted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:18 pm 

Quote Myth: Asmo, I'm not meaning to directly attack MWG in the fashion that you assume. I don't wish to tear it apart. I don't want to damage the heritage of the park. Truly I wish this fiasco had never occurred. I can sure wish in one hand and do whatever the hell I want in the other and the wishing hand will still be empty.

Myth, I like crawfish, I really do but this is not the time or place for it.

Quote Myth: Though an RP would be interesting and glorious to watch MWG standing in it's final hours as all the Kingdom crashes down on them like a wave of flame... there are serious issues here.

I for one feel the love, Mamma Zin too [smilie=icon_evil.gif]

Quote Myth: If such a letter was written well enough (and I were in power), I'd be moved to simply bump MWG to petitioning to the same length that Seal was banned. When time came for Seal to officially to return, Seal and choice members of the park would be brought forward a re-evaluated by the Kingdom.

Really, is that how you would do things? thanks. good to know.

Quote Gare: Careful asmo, if you visit KP you will be next on the ban list

lol... Naw, dont worry bout me Gare. I have no fear.

Quote Myth: I'm not all up in arms, wanting MWG torn apart... I honestly can't figure out a punishment that will affect those responsible. Say 10 member in 30 were responsible. How do we find them? Once we find them, what do we do with them? Banning, is far too much. Warning, is laughable. As "Althings" go, it's the populace's choice. So shouldn't the populace be penalized for that choice?

Ah hell Myth, calm down. first, i dont think you should have to worry yourself about any of this. your not in office. Second, I dont think anyone but the accuser is hiding. I think I was at the park on the day in question. you will have to check with the ORKs on that if you need to know for sure but i bet my entire family was there. I'll not speak for anyone else, but I bet you wont have too much trouble finding them. Were not prone to hiding.

So you do what you think is best. thats all we can ask of anyone. Just keep in mind that this is a game that some have been playing for a very long time. Sometime what shows on the surface is just a small piece of the truth.

Lord Asmodius of the Luna Lobos

Post Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:47 pm 

i don't think the populace is the one to punish.

i think that weight bares down on the officers that allowed an althing like this to occur.

and/or the person who called the althing together if in fact they aren't an officer.

i dont foresee MWG getting their contract pulled. i am sure the Representatives/Officers of MWG and the Kingdom will find the logical way to solve this issue.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:11 pm 

In reply to Sutra's questions:

"Question about the next BOD meeting. Was MS chosen as neutral ground for said meeting?"

answer: various ideas were brought up to chose a neutral site. Elder volunteered MS as a location that had ample seating for all attending the BOD meeting AND this was agreed upon : meeting at noon, which gives three hours of time before MS park start. It also coincides with the Monarch's visit to MS.

"Will MWG members be able to arrange a carpool to said park to hear said issue presented at said park that predominantly concerns them?"

answer: I sure hope so. A few ppl also volunteered to pick anyone from MWG up at the Dart station, should they chose that mode of transportation. So post it up or contact the BOD if this is needed.

"Since we're on the topic of items breaching park contracts, will the issue of missing parks records from various parks (again) be brought up as well?"

answer: yes

"Will a civil "all-parties-involved" pow-wow be feasible?"

answer: one can only hope ;) and it would certainly make things easier all around.

"What does it take to get the point across?"

answer: hopefully the April 16th BOD meeting ?

Post Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:17 pm 

Yanking MWG's contract is too much, but I agree that some kind of punitive measure should be taken.

It sucks because MWG is my very favorite park to play at. My credits are at Eagleshire, and I was actually thinking of transferring to MWG because it just seems to be a better park. This is really stupid though.

I can't think of anything that doesn't seem too harsh. The last thing this kind of measure should do is reduce a person's desire to play amtgard, but something has to be done.

The message this sends to me is, "Do whatever you want, Potato; Morning Wood Glen will let you play there."

Post Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:54 pm 

as long as you dont bring outside MWG drama with you....yep pretty much Potato. We enjoy our own drama, other people forcing theirs on us? Not so much

"Passion overrules Reason" wizard's rule #3 of the Terry Goodkind series "Sword of truth"

Post Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:00 pm 

That would be fine and dandy to do as a free-hold, but a contracted area of a kingdom, there are certain obligations that MWG has to fulfill, and if I'm not mistaken, enforcing a kingdom-wide ban is one of them.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:20 am 

*yawn*... and here i thought all of this was hashed out and fixed at MR...

Post Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:20 pm 

I tired greatly of the Seal fiasco, the complaining about everything, and simply the wonderfully negative environment we have here that transforms almost everyone of in to bullies or even worse.
So... I propose a cease fire. Simply for us all to stop posting on these threads and take time to get back to acting how we truly are.

Spoiler! :
Familiarity, the first myth of reality: What you know the best, you observe the least.
Devotion, the second myth of reality: The faithful are most hurt by the objects of their faith.
Conviction, the third myth of reality: Only those who seek the truth can be deceived.
Fellowship, the fourth myth of reality: As the tides of war shift, so do loyalties.
Trust, the fifth myth of reality: Every truth holds the seed of betrayal.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:57 pm 

I can't help but remember the last time that yanking MWG's contract was actually going to happen. This was a couple years ago, when Sir Morgan was in office, and had made a very unpopular ruling about children. A few "members in good standing" (it's a cute phrase, the irony is worth repeating) decided to ignore the ruling of the King, and a complete shit storm ensued. Through the intervention of outside parties, mediation and compromise ended up happening.

MWG ended up not getting punished. Sir Morgan put up with lovely comments like, "The Burger King", and things went back to normal.

I see a few similarities between what has come before, and what is.

I was out a MWG today. They had a good turnout. A lot of kids running around and having a blast. There was even a ditch! It would be a real shame to punish those kids, they're just having fun. Still, rules are there for a reason. These "members in good standing" have again ignored these rules, and done their own thing. I'm sure that the situation of how to punish the few without harming the many is driving the Powers that Be to no end of frustration, if in fact punishment is needed.

To be honest, I'm attempting to keep my own opinions out of this post. They probably smell as bad as my socks. I am very close to failing in that goal. It seems glaring to me that the actions of a few are possibly jeopardizing the Game for many. Again. When does the Kingdom call enough? Why are some not held accountable for their actions?

Nettle

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Emerald Hills Parks » Park Forums » Mourningwood Glen