Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills Parks » Park Forums » Mourningwood Glen

Do to lack of members, should MWG go down to a Barony?
Poll ended at Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:26 am
Yes? 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Or, No? 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 0

Post subject: Demotion
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:26 am 

We have like 5 active members that show up on a regular basis. I know that MWG has a long history for alot of the older players, but perhaps we could start the trend. It's not like it would be final. We can always upgrade when our numbers make a comeback.

What do ya'll think?

Nettle

Post subject: Re: Demotion
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:55 pm 

How long has MWG been this low on folks? Is it because its winter? I recall MWG worked very hard to get its Duchy status, are you really willing to just throw it away? Why is it the question is "Should we be demoted?" and not "Hey, who will help me get these numbers up?" I know its not my park but it is my two cents.
Krylis

Post Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:07 pm 

Honesty, I don't think I've ever seen Dutchy numbers in the little over a year I've been up here. Right now, we have maybe been Shire numbers for a little over 6 months. The last time I can remember 20+ was a kingdom visit. It was a weaponmaster I think.

That is a good point though, demotion is a fairly negative way of approaching it. Demos anyone? :D

Post Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:09 pm 

That was my techno-ignorant self.

Nettle

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:36 pm 

I see no problems stepping down to a barony..and for the record I am one of those who worked hard to get the Dutchy status up. I haven't seen Dutchy numbers since about two months after we got the title..so is not a prob to me. I agree that numbers need to come up, but no one seems to care much anymore. Not enough show up for a decent battlegame, NO ONE has run for a public office since me and Shamus the first time (we're on our third pro tem by the way), no one has actually declared for ANY office in a good year. So it is actually a park/Kingdom wide apathy. I personally cannot make sundays anymore as I work now, so am stepping down from the position of Duke/Govenor.

"Passion overrules Reason" wizard's rule #3 of the Terry Goodkind series "Sword of truth"

Post subject: demotion
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:25 pm 

Where to start!
The Dutchy of Mourningwood glen is no more, the folk have left. Let us then be a barony, or shire.

Does this shock you? Well maybe it should. The park needs to recreate itself. We need to find and KEEP some new blood. We need to atract some new people intrested in the GAME, not just trenching. Mourning Wood Glen has fallen into a Dreaming type state. We are not moving foward but falling into a lathargic state which we must snap out of! or the glen will become the stuff of legends like old ironcloud, hawkwood, clan and tanglewood.

Tanglewood pulled itself out of its dreaming in part due to some old timers rebelous nature. We of Mourningwood NEED to find the WILL to rebuild or we shall truely fade into memories.

Maybe just Maybe the Real threat of demotion will jumpstart peoples Pride and a true returning and growth phase will start again at the park.

As acting Regent I propose holding an althing on the matter stating that if the numbers do not increase by may we step down to a Shire which is where our numbers truely put us

sleepily
Shamus the green

ps gathering moss

Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 8:45 pm 

Shamus the green

I feel if theres mearly a shire stataus of people then demotion wont cause much of a jump start in recruiting more people.
It will only make them give up, after working hard to get a duchy status and then having it demoted will either make them depressed or not care and just move to another park like campus supernius or a Saterday park like Midnight sun

4. Genghis Khan
Honor the great generals of old

Board index » Emerald Hills Parks » Park Forums » Mourningwood Glen